Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did state it differently from most LE agencies but it makes sense. Probable cause = evidence found; you can charge someone with the max up front & reduce charges but I don’t think you can upgrade (for example, if they only charge with kidnapping now but the investigation determines that KF & BF are deceased, I don’t think they can add murder at that time). I’m not an attorney nor am I LE, though, so maybe someone else can clarify but that’s what I got from his explanation.

Absolutely charges can be added! They must just know for certain already...

What do you think would lead them to that conclusion? They found blood somewhere, and enough of it to infer a person couldn't survive that loss of blood without immediate medical attention?

Idk. Only caught a brief snippet on HLN.
Perhaps he told LE “I killed them”, w/o atty present.
Maybe the wife of the Wolfe gave up some info. The wife that everyone assumed missing but LE confirmed is safe.

HLN will recap at top of hour.

Last edited:
Caught mention of the charges on HLN, the person interviewed said there is probable cause for the murder charges.

So did he shave thinking no one would recognize him? Lol
Of course he did, lol. :rolleyes:

Mike Benner on Twitter
On the left is Michael Wolfe’s booking photo from the Yamhill Co. Jail. He looks noticeably different from the pic authorities distributed. Did he alter his appearance to avoid capture?
D7a3gWtU8AAW_Da.jpg
D7a3gWuUIAAd1pI.jpg

7:35 AM - 25 May 2019

LE can add charges at any time if they find more evidence
Idk. Only caught a brief snippet on HLN.
Perhaps he told LE “I killed them”, w/o atty present.
Maybe the wife of the Wolfe gave up some info. The wife that everyone assumed missing but LE confirmed is safe.

HLN will recap at top of hour.
Well, the wife was missing to the public because we had no idea if she was safe or not but LE knew all the details since we are not privy to it. All we had was that she was not seen since this all went down so we had to assume she was missing

Absolutely charges can be added! They must just know for certain already...

Thank you for clarifying. It really was odd how that was phrased, making it sound like they couldn’t. I do agree, though, that as much as we don’t want it to be the case, there has to be substantial enough evidence to validate the charges he was given.

Thank you for clarifying. It really was odd how that was phrased, making it sound like they couldn’t. I do agree, though, that as much as we don’t want it to be the case, there has to be substantial enough evidence to validate the charges he was given.

Seems like LE prefer to not publicly announce they are deceased, but tend to lean toward a horrific outcome.

Seems like LE prefer to not publicly announce they are deceased, but tend to lean toward a horrific outcome.
They will eventually announce but with out bodies or more knowledge of what happened then they need to wait. They have a civic duty to notify the public after they meet with the family of the victims.

Mike Benner on Twitter
On the left is Michael Wolfe’s booking photo from the Yamhill Co. Jail. He looks noticeably different from the pic authorities distributed. Did he alter his appearance to avoid capture?
D7a3gWtU8AAW_Da.jpg
D7a3gWuUIAAd1pI.jpg

He also lost lik

Mike Benner on Twitter
D7a3gWtU8AAW_Da.jpg
D7a3gWuUIAAd1pI.jpg

Since Oregon is home to Nike, the type of clothing the undercover cops were wearing was out of place. The regulars in dwtwn pdx do not wear Dad clothing and the pacific northwest have their own distinct fashion.

Very true. They probably looked like tourists. Lol. I used to live in Seaside and Portland. Two of my sisters were Portland fashonistas and worked in retail.

Salem Police Dept. on Twitter
Translated from Spanish by Microsoft
#SalemOR Police & Partners Continue search for Karissa & William Fretwell — The search continues for the mother and her son. Call the Salem Police Tips Hotline 503-588-8477 w/info on their whereabouts (with any information about d where they are. #misspersons #missingchild
8:51 AM - 25 May 2019

RBBM, I don't understand the comment about looking like he was out of a Costco Kirkland magazine? I am familiar with both Costco and Kirkland but I don't understand the reference being made. Anyone able to clarify?
I agree it’s a weird reference & agree about not standing out. Maybe because Costco is headquartered in Pacific Northwest (Seattle) that’s why it’s used a reference?

still has that smug look. When I first saw his Wanted picture, I pegged him as bully. One of his former coworkers described him like this: “Even in my line of work, he was a little odder than the rest,” the man said. “It was his demeanor, a little, you know, self-absorbed…just the way he dealt with people was kind of short, he was always right, even if he was wrong.” Ex-co-worker says man charged with murder in connection with missing Salem mom and son was ‘odd’

Yep...that’s what I see. Hopefully justice will be swift and severe. Knock that smirk off of his face.

Mike Benner on Twitter
D7a3gWtU8AAW_Da.jpg
D7a3gWuUIAAd1pI.jpg

Oh my goodness...the costco/kirkland reference just meant he was casually dressed. If you are in DT Portland you will see anything...hipster dress, homeless dress, business dress, Macy dress, Columbia Sportswear stuff and Blazer gear and on the right evening in June people will be nekked as can be riding their bikes. The dude was trying to blend in and I know I would not have taken a second look at him at Blue Star...which I love...but they are expensive...and really, Voodoo is awesome too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow