CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In honesty, you are nitpicking each word Chase has uttered to suit your confirmation bias. This is not the only instance here. We could all end up being accused of some crimes if our words are subject to such treatment.

Haven't you made similar allegations based on Mike McStay's comments though?

Words have meaning, and sometimes the detail matters. Especially in a police interview.

Of course there is always the risk of building a pyramid on the head of a pin.

my .02c of the realms currency

Haven't you made similar allegations based on Mike McStay's comments though?

Words have meaning, and sometimes the detail matters. Especially in a police interview.

Of course there is always the risk of building a pyramid on the head of a pin.

my .02c of the realms currency

No.

This was cleared up by forensic dude.

Because Chase was so bad with money and had zero liquidity, Joey was financing the jobs in terms of cashflow, but out of Chase's end if that makes sense.

So Chase's 65% was a gross amount from which Chase received his fees, but also the costs came out of this.

So when a bill came in for materials from a supplier, Joey paid it, and booked it out of Chase's 65%

In this way, provided the client paid deposit and final payment, a job would zero out on Chase's side in terms of costs and fees.

The 35% that is left was Joey's gross margin from which he had to pay the business expenses like the website, himself, accounting, taxes etc

We will never know for sure, but I think we have enough hints to guess that Joey took control of the production budget and paid Chase a flat 15% profit margin because Chase was mismanaging production and the fabrication budgets

Thank you.

My own hubby is a self employed business owner since he retired last year.

He also does welding designs/projects of all kinds.

However when he uses a subcontractor he gets job quotes from several credible subs in the area on each project he has coming up where one or more sub will be needed.

He shows them his draft design which has been approved by the customer, and approximately how long is projected for completion so the subs know how long they will be on that particular project assisting.

The quotes given are not based on any percentages.

They have no idea what his profit margin may be nor do they care or even ask.

They simply quote him the amount of money it will take him to pay them if they work assisting him to complete a certain project for x amount of weeks. They are certified welders.

He gets new quotes with each new project. It keeps the subs competitive knowing he doesnt just get one quote everytime from the same subcontractor.

He deals directly with the material, and supplier business owners himself, and pays them direct.

So the way Joey did it is something I've never seen done before even by other self emoloyed business owners in our area.

The way Joey did it seemed highly risky for Joey, imo. Especially since we know of at least one time CM was supposed to pay MSM out of his percentage cut, and failed to do so. By doing it the way Joey did it...it wound up with CM being grossly overpaid.

Jmo though.

Last edited:
How long do you all believe JS will allow each side when giving closing arguments?

How long do you think each side will need to complete CAs?

And lastly, how long do you think the jury will deliberate?

Vinnie Politan used to use the old rule for every week of testimony equals 1 day of deliberations.

Imo, that rule will not apply in this case since there has been so many dark days or weeks without testimony.

Does anyone know or has added it up as to how many full weeks have transpired if we combined all of the trial testimony hours together?

Vinnie uses this rule for trials that go Monday through Friday with full 8 hour days.

Just wondering what all of you think.

Jmho

Last edited:
I do all the lighting and they just do the stainless and the welding.
Sounds like a big demotion to me.
MOO.
Edmo! Where have you been? I've been wanting to ask you questions about CM. Like how early he needs to leave to get to the court house? What does he go through to leave prison and then return from the court house? Do they provide his lunch or can his attorneys get him some good carry-out? Is he handcuffed when he leaves the court room? Does he sit in a lonely cell during the 90 minute lunch break? I have noticed when he doesn't need to be there he is fine with that. Why do you think that is?
TIA

How long do you all believe JS will allow each side when giving closing arguments?

Vinnie Palitan used to use the old rule for every week of testimony equals 1 day of deliberations.

Imo, that rule will not apply in this case since there has been so many dark days or weeks without testimony.

Does anyone know or has added it up as to how many full weeks have transpired if we combined all of the trial testimony hours together?

Vinnie uses this rule for trials that go Monday through Friday with full 8 hour days.

Jmho

56 trial days divided by 4 possible days per week = 14 weeks.

I think JS will give them whatever time they request - my prediction is all day Tues. and if the jury hasn't gotten the case by the end of the day, the defense will ask for a surrebuttal closing (and probably be granted, being a DP case) on Wed. morning, jury gets case by Wed. afternoon, no verdict until late the following week.

Moooo

Vinnie Palitan used to use the old rule for every week of testimony equals 1 day of deliberations.

Jmho
I think he will give 2 hours to PT and 2 hours to DT.
Does PT go first or last?
IMO, jury will debate 5 to 7 days.
Hoping for less though.
But fast decision could go either way which scares me.
As I have said before, I am gun shy based on past experience.
We never really know how the jury perceives things.
MOO.

I think he will give 2 hours to PT and 2 hours to DT.
Does PT go first or last?
IMO, jury will debate 5 to 7 days.
Hoping for less though.
But fast decision could go either way which scares me.
As I have said before, I am gun shy based on past experience.
We never really know how the jury perceives things.
MOO.

Unless something has really changed in the court system since I last noticed, it’ll go: prosecution, defense, prosecution again.

Edmo! Where have you been? I've been wanting to ask you questions about CM. Like how early he needs to leave to get to the court house? What does he go through to leave prison and then return from the court house? Do they provide his lunch or can his attorneys get him some good carry-out? Is he handcuffed when he leaves the court room? Does he sit in a lonely cell during the 90 minute lunch break? I have noticed when he doesn't need to be there he is fine with that. Why do you think that is?
TIA
@Edmo

TIA
I'm not Edmo but I can probably help with your questions.

The jail and courthouse are within blocks of each other so depending on the number of prisoner transports on a given day they probably leave no more than 2 hours before court is scheduled to begin. All prisoners will get searched prior to leaving the jail and again before entering the jail. The jail provides a sack lunch that you probably wouldn't want to feed to your dog. All prisoners are handcuffed at the courthouse, when leaving the courthouse and while being transported. They are shackled at the ankles as well during transport to minimize escapes. During the lunch recess he's in a room alone unless his defense team is in there with him. He'd probably rather be at the courthouse where he can inner act with his defense team versus being all alone in a cell with only his own thoughts to keep him occupied. Considering what many of us thinks he's done I can't imagine his inner thoughts are very pleasant. Hope this helps answer your questions. :)

Short answer.
Too long

Vinnie Politan used to use the old rule for every week of testimony equals 1 day of deliberations.

Jmho

In his mind he was the brains and brawn behind their success. o_O

My memory cells are failing me, did we ever figure out why CM wanted Provencho in front of the jury so badly?

He really wanted CJ to find a picture of the fountain, IIRC. I think he wanted the jury to believe he was a true artist, a michaelangelo of water features---so they would believe Joey would be his partner and give him access to the cash. jmo

I'm not Edmo but I can probably help with your questions.

The jail and courthouse are within blocks of each other so depending on the number of prisoner transports on a given day they probably leave no more than 2 hours before court is scheduled to begin. All prisoners will get searched prior to leaving the jail and again before entering the jail. The jail provides a sack lunch that you probably wouldn't want to feed to your dog. All prisoners are handcuffed at the courthouse, when leaving the courthouse and while being transported. They are shackled at the ankles as well during transport to minimize escapes. During the lunch recess he's in a room alone unless his defense team is in there with him. He'd probably rather be at the courthouse where he can inner act with his defense team versus being all alone in a cell with only his own thoughts to keep him occupied. Considering what many of us thinks he's done I can't imagine his inner thoughts are very pleasant. Hope this helps answer your questions. :)
It does, Cabo. Thanks.
I may have this wrong but I think EDMO actually had worked in a prison?

In his mind he was the brains and brawn behind their success. o_O

My memory cells are failing me, did we ever figure out why CM wanted Provencho in front of the jury so badly?
Apologies because I know I’m late to this but this is an excellent question, which may hold more weight than we anticipated! Clearly this deal held significant importance to CM!

Interesting that you say NO, you have never nitpicked MM's words to try and see guilt there.

I seem to remember you posting several times about his 'shallow graves' comment and about his 'squabble' with Summer.

But I cannot go look because your profile info is locked down tight...Intere4sting...;)

Apologies because I know I’m late to this but this is an excellent question, which may hold more weight than we anticipated! Clearly this deal held significant importance to CM!

I'm so curious about why it seemed so important to him.

Sorry for misspelling Provecho, it drives me crazy when they pronounce it with an 'n' and then I spelled it with one. arg lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam