VA - Brantley Lloyd, 3, found deceased in clothes dryer, Virginia Beach, 7 Aug 2018

IMO, and I KNOW it is not this simple but... have to say it, parents have a responsibility to teach their children what is harmful and what isn't. If you have a pool, teach your kids to swim, teach them to doggy paddle, teach them where the steps are, and teach them not to go in the water if there is no adult present. More importantly and something that IMO has gone by the wayside, teach them about the CONSEQUENCES. I recall learning not to put my hand into the garbage disposal. I remember learning what happens when things catch on fire.

Accidents absolutely happen - I do hope that's what this was but, well, we just have to wait and see. Regardless, terribly, terribly tragic.

I agree with you to a point, as I was the same as a child. Didn't need cupboard locks on the cupboard with the bleach because I had been taught to not touch things like that, and I listened.

But I also think some children have such overwhelming curiosity and take a lot longer than others to become aware of dangers and consequences.

I would like to have some media video interviews with this man, and to hear the 911 call.

Me, too. I'd really like to hear his explanation of what he was doing between 5:30 AM and 4:55 PM that would preclude him from accounting for what Brantley was doing at any point during that LONG time period. I guess he didn't even feed him?

MOO

Last edited:
Nothing new in this article, but a cute photo of Brantley.
Virginia father, whose young son was found dead inside dryer, charged with assaulting boy's mother
1535111928361.jpg

nothing new reported anywhere but I have had this little love in the back of my mind since I read this story. I can't stop thinking about the suffering he must have felt. Gosh, no one deserves that, no one...

Mom's name is linked in articles but I don't do SM and her name is common anyway but I admit I am curious if there will be any charges brought in this matter.

So very sad for his mother and grandparents...

Wow, from that link is @caloriephobic post above:

Court papers said when he woke up and searched the home, he found his son lying inside the dryer with soaking wet clothes. Documents said an autopsy was performed the next day.

Court documents obtained by News 3 said the child was "severely dehydrated," but had "no markings upon his body to show suspicious physical trauma or burns."

Chet Lloyd told police that because he was asleep all day, he did not make any phone calls prior to 911.

Investigators said they later discovered that Lloyd's brother had received a text from Chet's phone at 3 p.m. A recently unsealed warrant is requesting to recover information from the phone, including calls and texts.

Police believe it could have incriminating evidence, but so far no charges have been filed in connection with the child's death.

...and so the story is unraveling... I think of Brantley at least once a week... =(

WTF? No MOD or COD? no charges, investigation remains open.

So sorry for those who loved this boy, who live with this knowledge and pain and emptiness of not having him around to grown up...

Just speculating here. But I wonder if instead of getting stuck in the dryer, this sweet boy was left in a hot car. It was August, he was severely dehydrated and it's happened before. Maybe the dad couldn't handle that his own negligence lead to his son's death so he made up the story blaming the dryer. Or maybe he was just trying to save his own a$$.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back