GUILTY IN - Ryan Martin, 29, murdered in suspect Talmadge Jasper's home, Lafayette, 23 May 2019

Sorry for so many comments as I'm trying to get more familiar with the facts here. So, LE first goes to TJ's apartment to ask him about Mr.Martin's whereabouts and TJ gives him the story about getting a ride home from work, etc. all the while he has Mr. Martin dead in his closet, or at least in his apt., correct? I'd be curious to know his demeanor when LE showed up that first time.

Fasten your seatbelts folks....
ROSESFROMANGELS When a case has a big break, I always used to say, "Tighten your seatbelts and get ready for the E-ticket ride!" (Young sleuths can figure out what an E-ticket was, lol) I have a big, big question: If Ryan gave TJ a ride home from work.....where is TJ's car? Does TJ have a vehicle? What type of vehicle? How long has he been a licensed driver, did he ever have a license, or was it revoked?
And maybe, just maybe TJ lied about needing a ride in order to get Ryan into his apartment. Ya' know "leading him into his kill zone." uh, oh.....

ROSESFROMANGELS When a case has a big break, I always used to say, "Tighten your seatbelts and get ready for the E-ticket ride!" (Young sleuths can figure out what an E-ticket was, lol) I have a big, big question: If Ryan gave TJ a ride home from work.....where is TJ's car? Does TJ have a vehicle? What type of vehicle? How long has he been a licensed driver, did he ever have a license, or was it revoked?
And maybe, just maybe TJ lied about needing a ride in order to get Ryan into his apartment. Ya' know "leading him into his kill zone." uh, oh.....
Not sure if he had his own vehicle, but back in Sept of 2017, he definitely had a license. He was charged with an infraction for a lane change without signal.
ETA: link to that case info
Case Search - MyCase
MOO

Not sure if he had his own vehicle, but back in Sept of 2017, he definitely had a license. He was charged with an infraction for a lane change without signal.
ETA: link to that case info
Case Search - MyCase
MOO
Man oh man....you are impressing the heck out of me Sleuther019..etc (Can I just shorten your moniker to super Sleuth009??? :)) Is there anyway you can tell what the "make and model" of the vehicle was on Sept. 2017. Chances are it is the same vehicle used on or about Feb. 13, 2017 since his other vehicle was wrecked on Jan. 2017 and when he had confrontation with man from Flora. Oh S-N-A-P !!! Just had a thought....what if the vehicle used on Feb 13th 2017 was a "loaner car" from the vehicle repair shop, or a "short term rental" paid for by the insurance company?? That definitely would have made recognizing/unrecognizing a vehicle to a driver, who normally drove a different car improbable/difficult. Okay, did y'all get that??? My brain is asking questions faster than my fingers can type right now. (Lol, you guys are Class A sleuths and will figure out what I mean.....) A vehicle not normally seen in town and only used for a short time from Jan 2017 to end of Feb 2017....
BTW...I do not think this case will ever go to trial...diagnosed mental illness... transfer to mental health facility and then to prison LWOP. So much tragedy...
another young woman who took the initiative to say, "This isn't right and filed a restraining order." I say Bravo to SR!!

Last edited:
Do we have any confirmation that he was really diagnosed w/
mentall illness? Or could this be hearsay from the rumor mill?
Also can someone fill me in on the accident Jan. 2017 and the
problem w/ man from Flora? Somehow I missed that.

From both of his 2 FB accts., I get the picture of a very lonely,
depressed young boy. Maybe broken home life. Felt abandoned
by parents. Had only his animals (cats and bird) that were important to him.
If true about alcohol and drugs that would lead to further depression. Crashing car- his life was spiraling out of control.
He was able to get a job at a big aluminum plant there and able
to get his own apartment. But he was still very alone and lonely.
such a waste.

If true about alcohol and drugs that would lead to further depression. Crashing car- his life was spiraling out of control.
such a waste.

Do you have a link to his FB accounts?

Also wanted to add, I think he asked Ryan to drive him home, lured him into his apartment and killed him. Why? Why take the risk of fighting a man? In his eyes, the risk was worth it. He wanted to get to SR. Ryan would walk into TJ's apartment with his keys in hand. TJ bludgeoned him from behind, so he could take Ryan's car key and house keys!! SR was at home (or going to be home shortly) and would not be alerted to a strange car parked in front of her home. Afterall, she was expecting Ryan to drive up in his car and enter their home using his keys. Poor thing....she must have been horrified to look up and see TJ standing there. (Gosh it gives me the willies just to write it down) TJ thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and he had all of this figured out in advance. Yeah, he might have mental issues (IDK) but I bet he is also a manipulative, conniving, self-centered, grudge accumulating weasel. (Apologies to weasels.) ****Please realize, all my thoughts are just my thoughts, based on similarities of past cases, infused with a ton of "what if" scenarios.****

Last edited:
My thoughts are with Mr. Martin, his family & the young lady involved. This is a horrible time for all of them.
MOO
such a waste.

Also wanted to add, I think he asked Ryan to drive him home, lured him into his apartment and killed him. Why? Why take the risk of fighting a man? In his eyes, the risk was worth it. He wanted to get to SR. Ryan would walk into TJ's apartment with his keys in hand. TJ bludgeoned him from behind, so he could take Ryan's car key and house keys!! SR was at home (or going to be home shortly) and would not be alerted to a strange car parked in front of her home. Afterall, she was expecting Ryan to drive up in his car and enter their home using his keys. Poor thing....she must have been horrified to look up and see TJ standing there. (Gosh it gives me the willies just to write it down) ****Please realize, all my thoughts are just my thoughts, based on similarities of past cases, infused with a ton of "what if" scenarios.****

Great thinking about how TJ was able to enter her house!

Having filed an order of protection, I believe she would have changed the locks to her house.

How horrible it is to think that T.J. used Ryan Martin's keys to enter SR's house.

Her quick action to contact police possibly saved her life from being taken as well!

This is so deeply saddening.

As has been mentioned on this thread, Ryan Martin had a four year old child.

Something like this causes such a huge wave of grief and loss to so many people who loved the victim. I think of his family, child, friends.

My heart goes out to all of them.

This is so deeply saddening.

As has been mentioned on this thread, Ryan Martin had a four year old child.

Something like this causes such a huge wave of grief and loss to so many people who loved the victim. I think of his family, child, friends.

My heart goes out to all of them.
And how many other families have his actions impacted? That is the question.
Time and forensics will tell.

Yes, prayers to the family. They should be getting ready for a BBQ on Monday. Instead, now they must prepare for the funeral of this young father, and attempt to process the reality of this horrific tragedy in their minds. I'm sure they must feel as if it's all a bad dream. Unfortunately, it's not.

Amateur opinion and speculation

...Yeah, he might have mental issues (IDK) but I bet he is also a manipulative, conniving, self-centered, grudge accumulating weasel. (Apologies to weasels.)
Respectfully snipped for focus.
You make a very good point. Killing the new BF served two purposes. First, to punish an "interloper", and second, to inflict profound pain on the ex GF by killing someone she loved. Sick b****rd.

This boy had trouble early on. January 2017 he would have been in high school in Delphi. He now has a 4 year old daughter so he was a father at 14 or 15. What other trouble did this boy have and or get into?

The link below has some interesting comments.
LPD investigating homicide, suspect in custody
Woah. The bulbous nose in that prison image...

So weird

They said young...

Some of us thought maybe they were trying to shake something up and spook someone. Then a murder. The Instagram upsets me.

Last edited:
Does anyone think he might have had something to do with the Delphi girls (Abby Williams and Libby German) murders? He would have been young but he does resemble the sketch a lot to me. Just not sure what the motive would be..
1. Yes (if so, we will know soon)
2. Evil

1. Yes (if so, we will know soon)
2. Evil

I’m also gonna have to unfortunately say untreated mental health/personality disorder issues that were undetected as a child and festered (often lack of detection isn’t the parents fault as the child has not yet developed. I also believe diagnosing a child with a personality disorder is a clinical no no. I might be wrong, but believe a diagnosis before 18 is considered clinically uncouth and most doctors advise against doing so). He’s at the age where certain things start to come to the surface, especially if one has a genetic predisposition and is self medicating or abusing drugs. Tends to be what tells the dna to switch on what otherwise might be latent

Aka in my head as someone who is delusional and/or now completely out of touch. Believes in his false oppressed reality, paranoid, schizoid like traits. The illness doesn’t make him a killer so much as aggravating some pre existing “evil” or lack of normal empathic reactions.

ETA: do we no yet how the victim died? I would be curious to learn by hand, weapon, etc and how learning the MO might help us

Also, so sorry for the victim.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member