UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting article. Are their other sources for this info? TIA

Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl

Not directly, though they have said they believe she's been harmed... but the actions certainly say that it's a recovery. No urgency like she is out there injured. No asking to watch for Elizabeth alive. No sharing her missing poster. Just check your video and we are investigating. That's not a missing child investigation it's a homicide investigation.

Wonder if he still had on the clothes he arrived to the house in the night before (when he was picked up)?

Do we know how far away he lived from his sister?

Did he "crash" there to avoid a longer trip home possibly after work, or EVER before?

Do we know where he works or that he even worked before showing up so late that night?

I can't imagine how betrayed and devastated mom must feel and hope that beautiful baby is found soon. :(

MHOO

He wasn’t seen for a total of 13 hours. If something happened near bed time, I would assume she’s close, but with all that time possibly very well hidden? I wonder if any shovels or tools were taken in the middle of the night? How deep in soil can cadaver dogs detect?

Six feet under relates to burying bodies 6 feet deep to prevent animal predators from digging them up. Less than 6 feet deep means that cadaver dogs and other wild animals can smell the cadaver. If he's on foot and typically commutes via skateboard, I doubt she is buried. She will be in a garbage can or shed - more likely the easiest place to hide a body.

Bumping my earlier post:

Sleuthing and discussing the social media of family and friends is not allowed.

As per The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc ... you may link to and discuss social media of a victim and a POI/suspect.

At this time it is pretty evident that the uncle is at the very least a POI, so his social media may be sleuthed (as y'all have been doing ;)) and discussed. Just do not mention posts by his friends, their names, or sleuth their social media and post about it here.

The Rules are linked in my signature. They have not changed for this case.

We really don't like having to be heavy-handed, but when our posts are simply being ignored, we get cranky.

Any more violations for sleuthing social media of family or anyone other than a victim or POI/suspect, a thread reply ban of 1 week will be issued.

If he's on foot and typically commutes via skateboard, I doubt she is buried. She will be in a garbage can or shed - more likely the easiest place to hide a body.
RSBM

Although I hate to think about possible "disposal" methods I agree with you. How far would he risk carrying her or walking with her out in the open? Wonder if there were any vacant homes nearby? Would he be familiar with any nearby woods to travel with less visibility, tell her they were going on an adventure? (I'm not a good map reader, so there might not even be any woods)

Why did he do this - if he did- (hoping against the odds) whatever THIS is? So many lives will never be the same...

<modsnip>

This seems like a solo event - that he was at his sister's house and he alone did something to his niece and then intended to act as though he did nothing.

I'm curious about the clothing that he had with his when he was arrested. These clothes?

upload_2019-5-26_0-20-38.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit tricky here. The victim's uncle was missing at the same time as the daughter, and her mom's brother had her clothing when he was arrested. It's hard to ignore the obvious regardless of whether there is a formal arrest or conviction.

This seems like a solo event - that he was at his sister's house and he alone did something to his niece and then intended to act as though he did nothing.

I'm curious about the clothing that he had with his when he was arrested. These clothes?

View attachment 186095

We are allowed to sleuth the brother/uncle, no worries there Otto.

RSBM

Although I hate to think about possible "disposal" methods I agree with you. How far would he risk carrying her or walking with her out in the open? Wonder if there were any vacant homes nearby? Would he be familiar with any nearby woods to travel with less visibility, tell her they were going on an adventure? (I'm not a good map reader, so there might not even be any woods)

Why did he do this - if he did- (hoping against the odds) whatever THIS is? So many lives will never be the same...

BBM

It's as though the first thing people do after committing a crime is try to distance themselves from the crime. If it is pre-meditated, they may even plan to distort evidence by leaving misleading evidence.

They were on foot, at home or close to home - no farther than a young girl would walk without complaining, I would think. If I had to guess

BBM
They were on foot, at home or close to home - no farther than a young girl would walk without complaining, I would think. If I had to guess
You make a great point. I was assuming that he carried her, but I have to remember that she's 5 y/o. Even though he's a seemingly fit man it would still be hard to carry a child more than a few minutes at a time.
Kids are smart at that age though, and there's no doubt in my mind that she knew what was going on. Poor thing, I hope she didn't suffer badly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie