Found Deceased CA - Jennifer Michelle Lorber, 30, (from Colorado) Malibu, 23 May 2019

hardeeboy

Reaction score
Missing Colorado woman last seen at Malibu motel – Daily News

According to flyer, Jennifer Michelle Lorber was believed to be staying at a hotel near 22000 Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu and rented a white Toyota Rav4. Please note that initial information regarding the victim's age (30) and state of residence (Colorado) was amended. Published details are sparse at this point. Her family needs help locating her so hold on to your surveillance footage this week Malibu and lets do what we can to raise awareness and make sure she is safe. Anyone have additional details?

Last edited:
I'm optimistic that they will locate the vehicle quickly. The WA plate should stand out.

Missing Colorado Woman Suffering From Depression Linked to Malibu

She was driving a white 2018 Toyota Rav4 rental car with a Washington license plate BJM8505.

[Mods, can this thread please be moved to the Missing Persons Discussion forum?]

Last edited:
I'm optimistic that they will locate the vehicle quickly. The WA plate should stand out.

She was driving a white 2018 Toyota Rav4 rental car with a Washington license plate BJM8505.

[Mods, can this thread please be moved to the Missing Persons Discussion forum?]
They did find her rental car, but not her. They are not saying where it was found.

She had flown from Colorado to L.A. and had been staying at a motel in the 22000 block of Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, according the Sheriff's Department.

The rental vehicle she was driving, a white Toyota RAV4, was found at around 12:50 a.m. Sunday, the Sheriff's Department said. The agency did not disclose where the car was located.

Vehicle Found as L.A. County Officials Continue Search for Missing Colorado Woman

Missing-Persons-May-25-2019.JPG

"The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said they have found 30-year-old Jennifer Michelle Lorber's rental car around 1 a.m. in the area of the Pacific Coast Highway and Paradise Cove."

Search continues for Missing Colorado woman Jennifer Lorber last seen in Malibu

Distance from her motel at 22000 block of Pacific Coast Highway to Paradise Cove would be around 8 miles (according to Google Maps).

I think her car was found in the same location as a few recent missing women. I cannot remember one woman's name right now. But she was on security video leaving her boyfriends home, who lived with his parents, who were big in the rap industry. She left their compound in Calabasas/Malibu hills area around 2 am and her car was found on PCH, near Paradise Cove too. She has never been found.

I wish I could remember her name. Jennifer Kim or something like that?

I think her car was found in the same location as a few recent missing women. I cannot remember one woman's name right now. But she was on security video leaving her boyfriends home, who lived with his parents, who were big in the rap industry. She left their compound in Calabasas/Malibu hills area around 2 am and her car was found on PCH, near Paradise Cove too. She has never been found.

I wish I could remember her name. Jennifer Kim or something like that?
Elaine Park? Her car was found south of Corral Canyon Road in Malibu.

Yes, Elaine Park. Thank You.

I thought her car was found on PCH as well?
Apparently yes:

"Her unlocked charcoal-gray 2015 Honda Civic was found at Corral Beach in Malibu, parked on the shoulder of Pacific Coast Highway"

Missing actress Elaine Park search cold case

That is south of Corral Canyon Road and roughly 3 miles east from where Jenny Lorber's rental car was found.

so she came out here alone, knowing no one..not good.
why would she pick that motel in that area?
I'd like to know the mileage on her rental.. did she beeline it?
when was the reservation made, if she made one?
did she tell anyone she was leaving?..
seen at the motel on thursday evening the 23rd
police ask for help saturday the 25th
car found this morning the 26th

According to her FB page she's from Venice, CA so she should be familiar with the area.

The only reason to park on the PCH near Paradise Cove is to access the beach without paying the exorbitant restaurant parking fees ($34!) There is nothing else around there in walking distance except residences. Paradise Cove is a popular place for photo ops and beach walks during the day. If you go north of restaurant there's a picturesque series of coves with outcroppings of rocks and tidepools. The other direction has homes right on the beach. Like anywhere in Malibu you have to keep your eye on the tides or you can get stranded in a cove for a couple hours. Although its a quiet stretch of beach, it is not secluded. I don't see it as a natural choice if you wanted privacy and particularly on a holiday weekend there's be light traffic. Nonetheless, the beach is not patrolled by lifeguards and it would be easy to get swept away if you tried to cross over one of the slippery rock outcrops at high tide.

The restaurant there is an overpriced nautical version of a Chilis restaurant with sticky menus, supersized frozen daquiris, warm beer and peanut shells on the floor. I can't imagine she went there for a meal. Once the sun goes down its mostly hard core alcoholics that live in walking distance.

There have been a couple incidents of people being mugged and violently assaulted walking to their cars on the pch in the evening. These incidents were blamed on transients but keep in mind that anytime something goes wrong in paradise the sheriff picks up the nearest homeless person and pins it on them.

Malibu is a natural destination for people who want to get away from things and restore their energy. Malibu hotels are full of people going through divorces, rehab and considering making changes in their life. The fresh air, mountain and ocean scenery and boutiques make it a quiet haven compared to staying in LA , Santa Monica, or Venice. That hotel is less than a 20 minute drive from Venice in light traffic and while it is certainly not cheap, it is the more "budget" option among malibu accommodation options and located closest to santa monica/venice.

Last edited:
Anyone traveling in either direction on the PCH or stopped at the light would be able to casually spot a parked car there as the parking lane is completely exposed. The PCH is the main and only thoroughfare through Malibu so the police would have passed that spot 100 times over the weekend. So was the car moved there later in evening?

There's some confusion about the last sighting/contact. The first police report stated that she was last seen on Thursday 23th at 11 pm, which was later changed to "last contacted" and is now reported in the media as "last contacted by the family" or "last spoken to".

Three other timeline events were given by her friends on Facebook, but nothing official yet.

Colorado Woman Goes Missing In Malibu, Car Found Abandoned

Last info from the link:
Lorber’s rental car, a white 2018 Toyota Rav4, was found at 11:15 p.m. Saturday parked on Pacific Coast Highway at Paradise Cove Road, Deputy Tracy Koerner said.

Deputies searched through the night and Sunday and were expected to continue the search after daylight Monday, he said.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back