UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose so. It makes more sense that he returned home thinking about predatory sex, so he targeted his niece - but why was she wearing blue jeans?

She was a 5 year old who was put to bed at 2AM.
Where was she before that time? Obviously 5 year olds should be in bed at 7PM.

I don't think she was put to bed at 2 am. I think she was asleep in her room earlier. But the adults went to bed at 2 am, and Mom looked in on her then, so it was the last time Mom saw her.

I always peeked in on sleeping kids when I went to bed, just for peace of mind.

Last edited:
It’s really weird. What exactly was his endgame?

To me, it makes the most sense that something happened during the night, and perhaps he killed her then.

The panic from that, would explain the rest of it I think.

Maybe he took the clothes with him, initially planning on making it appear that she got up and went somewhere on her own.

When police ask for what the child was wearing when last seen, prior to abduction, I'm guessing it's factual. In this case, it sounds like the 5 year old child went to bed at 2AM wearing a red tank top and blue jeans.

In some ways it sounds like she was killed at home and her body must be close, that he took clothing that she was not wearing. So does the mother not know what her daughter was wearing when she was put to bed at 2AM?

Are we sure mom last saw her in bed or when SHE/Mom went to bed at 2am? Could she have stayed up when uncle got there? Some kids are night-owls.

Did uncle live or have a bedroom there, or did he crash on the couch or something?

JMOO

Uncle did not live there. Just showed up at their house. Ended up staying the night.

Trust me, there's been plenty of people questioning this on FB. We're probably never going to get an answer for that.
I babysit my cousin's 3 kids, and there's no organization in that home. 6 y/o is constantly missing school because they wake up too late. It's more common than you'd think, which is sad.

Did Mom say the daughter went to bed at 2am? I thought Mom just said she last saw her at 2 am.Which could mean Mom checked on her then and saw her sleeping in her bed.

Logan police search for missing 5-year-old girl

Logan City Police Department
2 hours ago
UPDATED

We are looking for a missing 5 yo white female who was last seen at 2 a.m. and discovered missing at 10AM this morning on the west side of Logan.

It is unknown what type of shirt she was wearing, but is believed at this point she was wearing either blue jeans or a teal colored plaid skirt. She is 3'6" with shoulder length curly brown hair with choppy bangs and brown eyes.
==========================================================

It doesn't say she was put to bed at 2 am. 'Last seen' at 2 am. So Mom may have peeked in on a sleeping child at that time.

I suppose so. It makes more sense that he returned home thinking about predatory sex, so he targeted his niece - but why was she wearing blue jeans?

She was a 5 year old who was put to bed at 2AM.
Where was she before that time? Obviously 5 year olds should be in bed at 7PM.

This. I was thinking the wedding part was legit so it made sense that they got home late and then he just stopped by and they got caught up visiting. I also had surmised that Elizabeth was wired from the event + sugar. Without the wedding this timing is sketch.

Yeah. And then he was stupid enough to still have some of her clothing at 3 pm when the cops caught up to him? Not a Rhodes Scholar apparently.

I have a very bad feeling that by saying clothing, what they meant was underwear. :( That's the only thing I could think of that he might have wanted to hold on to, even though it might lock him up forever.

Every word written on this thread has somehow managed to make me both angry and sad... :mad:

Family reports 5-year-old daughter and her uncle missing Saturday morning

The missing girl was last seen at 2 a.m. Saturday morning in Logan, according to Logan City Police Department. She is 3-foot-6 with brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair. Police believe she was wearing a red tank top and blue jeans.
(edited to add)
UNCLE FOUND BUT ELIZABETH IS STILL MISSING

She was last seen at 2AM by her mother.
According to the last person to see her alive, she was wearing blue jeans and a red tank top.

I find that unusual, unless the mother is a bit questionable in terms of putting her daughter to bed at a normal time and wearing pyjamas. What was the mother doing when her daughter maybe got up and left the house with her uncle? Sleeping? Since the brother did not have cell phone, why didn't she assume they were at the burger or breakfast joint and would be home later?

It seems that the mother had a reason to contact police soon after she discovered her brother and 5 year old daughter missing. What was she afraid of?

She was last seen at 2AM by her mother.
According to the last person to see her alive, she was wearing blue jeans and a red tank top.

I find that unusual, unless the mother is a bit questionable in terms of putting her daughter to bed at a normal time and wearing pyjamas. What was the mother doing when her daughter maybe got up and left the house with her uncle? Sleeping? Since the brother did not have cell phone, why didn't she assume they were at the burger or breakfast joint and would be home later?

It seems that the mother had a reason to contact police soon after she discovered her brother and 5 year old daughter missing. What was she afraid of?

Her mother 'saw her' at 2 am. The child may have been asleep in bed by 8 pm and Mom checked on her at 2 am, like a mom should.

Her mother 'saw her' at 2 am. The child may have been asleep in bed by 8 pm and Mom checked on her at 2 am, like a mom should.
This is how I read and understood it. That the mother checked on her at 2am when she herself went to bed not put the child to bed at 2am. Also maybe the mother is confused as to what the child was wearing because they found her pajamas left behind.

Exactly. The mother saw her at 2AM. When asked to describe what the child was wearing when last seen, she said blue jeans and a red tank top.

This makes it sound like the child was last seen by her mother when they went to bed at 2AM.

"Elizabeth Shelley, the 5-year-old girl, was last seen by her mother about 2 a.m. Saturday morning in Logan when she went to bed, Logan police chief Tyson Budge said. Whipple showed up at the home when they went to bed and was missing, along with Elizabeth, shortly before 10 a.m. when the household woke up, Budge added."
Authorities continue search for 5-year-old girl after uncle located

Search continues for missing Logan 5-year-old

Elizabeth Shelley was discovered missing from her family's home near 100 South and 400 West at about 10 a.m. Saturday and was last seen sleeping at about 2 a.m. that morning.

Everyone has different schedules. I have a friend who's husband works nights. As a result she home schools and her children stay up late and sleep in. Otherwise they'd never see their father. They go to bed about 2am. Not strange for them.

We are talking about a holiday weekend here. Not a school night. It was not irresponsible to let this child stay up late if they did so.

Whether Elizabeth stayed up playing with family or was in bed asleep, doesn't make much difference. She was in her house, not roaming the neighborhood.... she should have been safe there.

Whether Elizabeth was wearing jeans or pajamas doesn't make much difference. It is not bad parenting to allow a child to sleep in their clothing. My brother hardly slept. If he fell asleep you did not touch him. Didn't matter what he was wearing!

Children are different, they don't all like pajamas. I have a friend who's son will only wear jeans! I have a child who will NOT wear pajamas. She does not OWN pajamas. As I type she is sleeping in......? Blue. Jeans. :eek: She does every single night. In fact that's the only pants she will wear too. As parents we pick our battles. I make her change every day and she has 20 pairs of them. Anyway, I digress.

I don't think there is any need to judge what this child may or may not have been wearing. Because let's face it, she isn't walking around wearing it now. So, how can we help get justice for Elizabeth?

Everyone has different schedules. I have a friend who's husband works nights. As a result she home schools and her children stay up late and sleep in. Otherwise they'd never see their father. They go to bed about 2am. Not strange for them.

We are talking about a holiday weekend here. Not a school night. It was not irresponsible to let this child stay up late if they did so.

Whether Elizabeth stayed up playing with family or was in bed asleep, doesn't make much difference. She was in her house, not roaming the neighborhood.... she should have been safe there.

Whether Elizabeth was wearing jeans or pajamas doesn't make much difference. It is not bad parenting to allow a child to sleep in their clothing. My brother hardly slept. If he fell asleep you did not touch him. Didn't matter what he was wearing!

Children are different, they don't all like pajamas. I have a friend who's son will only wear jeans! I have a child who will NOT wear pajamas. She does not OWN pajamas. As I type she is sleeping in......? Blue. Jeans. :eek: She does every single night. In fact that's the only pants she will wear too. As parents we pick our battles. I make her change every day and she has 20 pairs of them. Anyway, I digress.

I don't think there is any need to judge what this child may or may not have been wearing. Because let's face it, she isn't walking around wearing it now. So, how can we help get justice for Elizabeth?

I agree. We homeschool too so my dd can see her dad and we stay up late so they can have time together. I wasn't judging I was pointing out why mom may not have known what she was wearing because some were saying they didn't know why the mom wasn't sure. Heck my own dd doesn't wear pj's either so no judgement from me. :)

I agree. We homeschool too so my dd can see her dad and we stay up late so they can have time together. I wasn't judging I was pointing out why mom may not have known what she was wearing because some were saying they didn't know why the mom wasn't sure. Heck my own dd doesn't wear pj's either so no judgement from me. :)

Wasn't referring to you, sorry I should have said that! Only quoted you because you finally were the one who found the quote saying that she was last seen SLEEPING! Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong