UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly got the fbi involved stat.

They would, I think Logan has a pretty small police force. The SLC FBI office is well staffed, and most of them were police officers before going into the FBI. I think that they have a very cooperative relationship with local LEO, they were on the scene with Elizabeth Smart kidnapping right away too.

Logan City Police Department
about an hour ago
The FBI and local agencies worked through the night finishing search warrants and following up on leads. The main suspect Alex Whipple continued to be uncooperative and was booked into the Cache County Jail on an FTA warrant for absconding from probation. Search teams are again out this morning as we continue to look for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley. Thank you again for your assistance in staying out of the area. We know there are many who want to help and there are some who think they are helping by posting their concern about the perceived lack of details of this investigation. They do not have all the information because we cannot release everything pertinent to this investigation. There are many agencies in a coordinated effort working around the clock and will continue to work until she is found. We will update Facebook as information becomes available.
5/26/19 8:18 AM pst

Not that many. Too bad he didn't resist arrest.

Someone else mentioned this as well, his eyes, look dead, almost like a shark. He doesn't have a soul or a conscience. No feeling. Psychopath.

Remember, in the mug photo, he was winding up a very busy 24 hours.
Possibly he’s on meds? Moo. I do believe he’s wearing the smock.
His FB indicates he’s troubled, imo.

the two mugshots are from dif’ days. I think the one in the blue shirt was on file, the photo I posted this morning (with suicide smock) I think is from this incident.
Notice he has more facial hair.

I don’t know yet but I do think if she was deceased prior to leaving the house that the likely cause was strangulation or suffocation

I believe he is like most predators, and yes I do believe he is going to turnout to be a predator, who removes the little victim from the safety of their home alive.

Then takes them elsewhere to ravage them, then murders them afterwards.

Jmho

Unsure what you mean he does not commute by skateboard?
Hyrum is 8 mi from Logan, cutting thru yards/parking lots can shave distance & time. We have not heard anyone drove him, he was found on foot, per previous articles.
I meant that we know he worked in Hyrum, but where did he live (eat and sleep and pay rent)? If he lived up in Logan, how did he get back and forth to his job? If he lived 8 miles away in Hyrum where he worked, how did he get up there that evening?
I assumed he arrived by skateboard that evening since a point was made that he didn't take it with him when he left, as if he should have.
He didn't have a car so I made the crack "he does not commute to his job by skateboard"

I believe he is like most predators, and yes I do believe he is going to turnout to be a predator, who removes the little victim from the safety of their home alive.

Then takes them elsewhere to ravage them, then murders them afterwards.

Jmho

I think so too, OBE. Probably told her they were off on a fun excursion. He likely knew of a safe place or abandoned structure since his mode of transportation was his board.
See his FB post regarding his ex.

LOGAN, Utah — The search for a missing 5-year-old girl in Logan will resume Sunday morning, but police will continue their investigation through the night.

Elizabeth Shelley was discovered missing from her family's home near 100 South and 400 West at about 10 a.m. Saturday and was last seen sleeping at about 2 a.m. that morning.

Police later announced that she might be with her 21-year-old uncle, Alex Whipple, who was at the family's home Friday night and was also not found inside in the morning.

Whipple was found near Hyrum Saturday afternoon, but he was without Elizabeth and was not cooperative, police say.

"He was by himself; he failed to identify to the deputy that located him," said LCPD Capt. Tyson Budge. "My understanding was he wasn’t being very cooperative."
[...]
Logan Police said Alex Whipple has a criminal history and a drug problem.

"We have real reason to be concerned for her safety,” Budge said.

Officers are also searching the family's house after securing a search warrant late Saturday evening. bbm

Search continues for missing Logan 5-year-old

I meant that we know he worked in Hyrum, but where did he live (eat and sleep and pay rent)? If he lived up in Logan, how did he get back and forth to his job? If he lived 8 miles away in Hyrum where he worked, how did he get up there that evening?
I assumed he arrived by skateboard that evening since a point was made that he didn't take it with him when he left, as if he should have.
He didn't have a car so I made the crack "he does not commute to his job by skateboard"

Oh, I do t think his living arrangements are out here yet, not in msm.
He may have arrived on his board, dressed in black, boarding around....I can see him doing so after seeing his FB.
8 mi walk would be less than 2 hours, imo. In fact, I could walk it much faster. If he lived in Logan, maybe his sis gave him rides to work, idk. If he lived in Hyrum, maybe he used his board. He prob didn’t have much of a social life. Idk....I’m guessing it’d be difficult for a 21yo guy to catch a date if he used a skateboard as his vehicle.

LOGAN, Utah — The search for a missing 5-year-old girl in Logan will resume Sunday morning, but police will continue their investigation through the night.

Elizabeth Shelley was discovered missing from her family's home near 100 South and 400 West at about 10 a.m. Saturday and was last seen sleeping at about 2 a.m. that morning.

Police later announced that she might be with her 21-year-old uncle, Alex Whipple, who was at the family's home Friday night and was also not found inside in the morning.

Whipple was found near Hyrum Saturday afternoon, but he was without Elizabeth and was not cooperative, police say.

"He was by himself; he failed to identify to the deputy that located him," said LCPD Capt. Tyson Budge. "My understanding was he wasn’t being very cooperative."
[...]
Logan Police said Alex Whipple has a criminal history and a drug problem.

"We have real reason to be concerned for her safety,” Budge said.

Officers are also searching the family's house after securing a search warrant late Saturday evening. bbm

Search continues for missing Logan 5-year-old

I’m confused, lol.
This was posted last night.
I thought it was fresh & they were already determining they’d search tomorrow.
(Holiday weekend brain freeze.)

Elizabeth Shelley was last seen at 2 a.m. on Saturday and was discovered missing from her home on Logan's west side at about 10 a.m. Her 21-year-old uncle, Alex Whipple, who had been at the house that night, was also gone, according to police.

Police located Whipple on foot Saturday afternoon and took him into custody, according to Logan police post on Facebook. Logan Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Whipple is "not being that cooperative" and is considered a suspect in Elizabeth's disappearance.

"The fortunate thing is we have all of the adults accounted for," Budge said. "The obvious conclusion is that she's in a lot of danger."

Regarding the girl's uncle, Budge said, "Right now we're pretty focussed on Alex."

According to the Facebook post from police Saturday night, "Officers are seeking additional search warrants and we are continuing to search for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley."
Police, FBI investigating disappearance of 5-year-old Utah girl; uncle in custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie