UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police had also broadcast public service announcements on local radio stations and social media, asking for the public’s help looking for the two individuals.

Around 3:00 p.m. officers found Whipple, however Shelley was not with him. He reportedly had some of her clothing in his possession and was taken into custody for questioning.

Hooley said Whipple is talking to investigators. He has not given specific information though, regarding where the girl may be.

Officers are considering the situation “highly suspicious.” They are transitioning their search from a rescue to a recovery effort, and feel like they no longer need the public’s help.

Salt Lake County court records show Whipple had a warrant issued for his arrest last month, for violating his probation. In January 2018, he was convicted of felony theft, failing to stop at the command of law enforcement and driving under the influence.
Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl

The vast overwhelming majority of the time in cases where the children are abducted, and murdered the motive was/is to sexually assault/rape the child.

I really dont see this case being any different when it comes to his motivation for do this.

Imo
Yep. I would only add that perhaps he was on drugs, too. I get a drug use vibe from him. Doesn't excuse his behavior or anything like that, just adds another layer to the situation. So sad.

I can only see his friends list and his photos, I cannot see any comments. I did see what he posted the day before, when he added the hearts? "If I cannot do great things, I will do small things in great ways"

The photo with the hearts was originally posted in 2016(?) alongside of photo of his then girlfriend.

Yep. I would only add that perhaps he was on drugs, too. I get a drug use vibe from him. Doesn't excuse his behavior or anything like that, just adds another layer to the situation. So sad.

I agree. I think he’s got a drug problem along with many other issues, jmo. He was destined for trouble if he didn’t get help, is what I think.

Remember, in the mug photo, he was winding up a very busy 24 hours.
Possibly he’s on meds? Moo. I do believe he’s wearing the smock.
His FB indicates he’s troubled, imo.

Yes, I agree. Something is wrong with him. Maybe it's because of his former girlfriend. According to him their relation was complicated. Meanwhile she is together with another guy. JMO

If they don't find her and charge him before that 72 hours is up and he gets released, I believe he will commit suicide at his first opportunity. JMO.

I think that they can hold him on the drug paraphernalia charges, I don't see his family will put up any bail money. He isn't going to go anywhere.

I don't know if having drug paraphernalia is a state crime, but it is a federal crime, that may be another reason for the FBI involvement.

Sean Moody
@SeanMoodyKSL
10 minutes ago

We’re back at the search area for Elizabeth Shelley this morning. The canal searchers were looking at yesterday appears to have been drained.
Sean Moody on Twitter

Searchers checking around homes and vehicles in the area.
Sean Moody on Twitter

Members of search team checking an area of the canal that still has some water in it.
Sean Moody on Twitter

Searchers are going door to door talking with people who live here. Appears FBI Child Exploitation Task Force is part of this search.
Sean Moody on Twitter

Attachments

• 3733D8C2-3410-4EAE-9AAF-F7F6AEF73919.jpeg
    3733D8C2-3410-4EAE-9AAF-F7F6AEF73919.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 52C59B83-6363-4AFB-986F-99E58503DEC9.jpeg
    52C59B83-6363-4AFB-986F-99E58503DEC9.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 55223B00-7929-4594-9841-110479F52D1C.jpeg
    55223B00-7929-4594-9841-110479F52D1C.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 4B5BD19B-D666-4380-A496-C51E9A129C9D.jpeg
    4B5BD19B-D666-4380-A496-C51E9A129C9D.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 64
Yes, I agree. Something is wrong with him. Maybe it's because of his former girlfriend. According to him their relation was complicated. Meanwhile she is together with another guy. JMO

I think he has the ability to bring complexity to any situation. From his posts regarding his ex, I’m glad she got away.
I wonder if he’s had lifelong issues? Jmo

If they don't find her and charge him before that 72 hours is up and he gets released, I believe he will commit suicide at his first opportunity. JMO.

Agree, I think he would, given the chance.
Hopefully, he won’t get that chance until he gets to the big house. There, they can’t watch him 24/7.
Wonder if he’s enjoying this, is he finding satisfaction knowing he has info everyone wants.

Yes, it sounds like he was continuing to use drugs and skipping probation. Apparently there was a warrant for him for a month so we can assume he had not shown up once during that time. He was probably trying to avoid arrest. Too bad they had not picked him up sooner. Imo

I think that they can hold him on the drug paraphernalia charges, I don't see his family will put up any bail money. He isn't going to go anywhere.

I don't know if having drug paraphernalia is a state crime, but it is a federal crime, that may be another reason for the FBI involvement.

Where is this drug paraphernalia allegation coming from? No mention of this in his January 2018 arrest or the parole violation for which he is being held. Do you have link?

SBM

Salt Lake County court records show Whipple had a warrant issued for his arrest last month, for violating his probation. In January 2018, he was convicted of felony theft, failing to stop at the command of law enforcement and driving under the influence.
Police investigating disappearance of young Logan girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member