The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does she do in the summer, when coats aren’t appropriate? (Or does it get hot there?)

I think she wears the same style pretty much year round, outdoors anyway.

They tailor the fabric for the weather, using lighter, more breathable fabrics in summer and heavier fabrics for fall and winter.

She usually has a coat dress, like she did the other day at the Garden Party. Its not a coat and dress, just one piece that looks like a coat and her pearls.

She is very small, they need to make her visible to the crowds cause you'd never notice her in beige.

I think she wears the same style pretty much year round, outdoors anyway.

They tailor the fabric for the weather, using lighter, more breathable fabrics in summer and heavier fabrics for fall and winter.

She usually has a coat dress, like she did the other day at the Garden Party. Its not a coat and dress, just one piece that looks like a coat and her pearls.

She is very small, they need to make her visible to the crowds cause you'd never notice her in beige.

You are right I don’t think I have ever seen Her Majesty without a coat outside in recent years.

0F9AFF1E-D66E-4A58-841E-81F087748EF0.jpeg

Tennis superstar popped in to see baby Archie at Frogmore Cottage last week, making a flying visit before heading to Paris to compete in the French Open.

Ms Williams, 37, was joined by her husband Alexis Ohanian, 36, and their one-year-old daughter Olympia.

The seven-time Wimbledon champion, posted a picture of herself in a regal state room at the Windsor home of Harry and Meghan, who she is close friends with.

Serena Williams pops in to Frogmore Cottage to see Meghan and Archie before heading to French Open | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if this photo was taken at Frogmore it looks very grand like Buckingham Palace or maybe Windsor Castle?

Princess Eugenie with her uncle & aunt, the Earl & Countess of Wessex:

princess-eugenie-buckingham-palace-t.jpg

The sweet way Princess Eugenie refers to these two royals – and fans are delighted

Princess Eugenie reveals news about Sarah Ferguson that many didn't know
What a talented family!
Sarah Ferguson co-directed The Young Victoria
"Princess Eugenie delighted her social media followers on Friday after revealing something very special about her mum Sarah Ferguson – which many of her fans didn't know about.

The royal was marking the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria, and in doing so referred to the 2009 movie The Young Victoria – in which her mum had co-produced. Many people were quick to express their surprise for Sarah's incredible achievement,"

"Eugenie also opened up about how proud she was that her parents Sarah and Prince Andrew had chosen to name her after Queen Victoria. Eugenie's full name is Eugenie Victoria Helena, and she wrote:
"...She reigned for almost 64 years and I'm very proud to be named after her."

Princess Eugenie reveals news about Sarah Ferguson that many didn't know

I watched a couple of the royalty shows on the smithsonian channel. Smithsonian is one of our very best museums.

One episode was four divorces and a fire. It was very well done. Very historical.

It outlined Windsor Castle from the family perspective, the generations... the scandal of Margaret that really rocked the facade in the 70’s. And then Charles, Andrew, and the devasting fire of ‘92. It touched on Diana’s tragedy, the modernization of the RF, and also marked the big comeback of the Queen. She’s more popular than ever at 90 something.

Then another episode was on aerial Scotland. Just fascinating touching on historical points with beautiful visuals.

So, thank you to the poster who posted the link back up thread.

Tonight there is an episode on the Queen’s coronation.

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/tv-schedule?tvScheduleDate=20190527

Rare etchings by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert are set to go on display for the first time this summer revealing the royals’ everyday life
"A free exhibition called 'At Home: Royal Etchings By Queen Victoria And Prince Albert' will be held at The British Museum in London from July 18 to September.

The artworks, made by the royals in the early years of their marriage, will go on exhibition to mark the bicentenary of both their births."
13980580-7072493-_The_Princess_Royal_and_the_Prince_of_Wales_is_one_of_the_rare_e-m-31_1558890890793.jpg

'The Princess Royal and the Prince of Wales' is one of the rare etchings made by Prince Albert.
..."The etchings, a type of printmaking involving drawing on a metal plate, were completed by Victoria and Albert in the 1840s.

Museum curators say they show the royals 'in a completely different light'."
13980582-7072493-image-a-12_1558888391345.jpg

'The Princess Royal and The Prince of Wales', drawn by Queen Victoria in 1845, is one of the rare paintings on display
;) Pics shown only my personal faves, more at link (definitely worth a look I think)
I'm rather impressed at their 'artwork - both of them!
Note: ^ pet rabbit in Prince Alberts drawing :D

Rare etchings by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert are set to go on display for the first time | Daily Mail Online

Good evening everyone.

Tricia has approved discussion in this thread of President Trump's upcoming royal state visit to the UK as long as you discuss the visit as it is reported in MSM and as long as it is not political or inflammatory.

:) Queen Victoria as you've never seen her before
High-quality film of Queen Victoria on her last trip to Ireland has been rediscovered.

The footage was taken a year before she died.

The monarch can be seen smiling and nodding. We can even see that she's wearing sunglasses.

14052570-7077087-image-a-112_1559046885045.jpg

Queen Victoria visited Ireland in 1900 was to pay tribute to the Irish regiments who fought in the Boer War
Queen Victoria as you've never seen her before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members