CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO prosecution needs to tell it as a story and keep it simple. A graphic would help too. Tell them this is what happened! This jury is ready to go home. It will be very short when then deliberate.

Agreed - IMO they need to start with the morning of 5 feb.

A family has vanished into thin air. Meanwhile Chase is accessing Joey's QB, and backdating and deleting and banking the Paul Mitchell cheque. That is where the story begins IMO

Missy, why do you think Daugherty should do it? I love Ms. Rodriguez...

Because he has a calmer voice, more matter of fact and doesn't seem as dramatic LOL After his opening statements, I would have convicted haha I think at this point, the juror's have gotta be over the drama, just lay it out for them and let them deliberate... and I am talking from both sides. JMO

Mr. Jitty, do you think the 65/35 split was even a real thing? As far as I remember it was the defense who manipulated the numbers in an effort to explain Merritt's thieving. From what I remember the splits weren't cut and dry but were a convenient way to justify how Merritt was entitled to certain monies. Hope this makes sense. Lol
I'm not Mr. Jitty, but I have looked over those spreadsheets, it's not whether it was a real thing or not, the ledgers really don't lie about split. I'm still impressed that @bessie was able to figure that all out 5 years ago before we had "all" of the ledgers :D LOL

I'm not Mr. Jitty, but I have looked over those spreadsheets, it's not whether it was a real thing or not, the ledgers really don't lie about split. I'm still impressed that @bessie was able to figure that all out 5 years ago before we had "all" of the ledgers :D LOL

It's quite disappointing forensic guy didn't bother to cover how the cheques and expense payments relating to custom jobs were entered and coded IMO

Of course I can guess why that was ...

It's quite disappointing forensic guy didn't bother to cover how the cheques and expense payments relating to custom jobs were entered and coded IMO

Of course I can guess why that was ...

Yeah, I bet they could have had him spend another week on the stand if they had all the info, it's still unclear to me what they had and didn't... and what I mean is receipts/cheques, etc. I recall during the States accountants testimony that cheques were found that had not been handed over to the defense or something? they were cheques written out of Chase's accounts (I think) and I had expected to hear more about them and we didn't. If I have time later, I will go and check it out and see if I can find that again just to double check what they were, because my mind has been on other things now that the trial is winding down haha

Yeah, I bet they could have had him spend another week on the stand if they had all the info, it's still unclear to me what they had and didn't... and what I mean is receipts/cheques, etc. I recall during the States accountants testimony that cheques were found that had not been handed over to the defense or something? they were cheques written out of Chase's accounts (I think) and I had expected to hear more about them and we didn't. If I have time later, I will go and check it out and see if I can find that again just to double check what they were, because my mind has been on other things now that the trial is winding down haha
What sticks out in my mind about Merritt's checks is that they were returned for insufficient funds.

Because he has a calmer voice, more matter of fact and doesn't seem as dramatic LOL After his opening statements, I would have convicted haha I think at this point, the juror's have gotta be over the drama, just lay it out for them and let them deliberate... and I am talking from both sides. JMO

I truly think jurors want to see passion, and 'fire in the belly' from prosecutors.

After all they are the ones who speak for the voiceless murdered victims.

I think MR would be fantastic!

Imo

I truly think jurors want to see passion, and 'fire in the belly' from prosecutors.

Imo
I agree. I thought Daugherty meandered in his opening statement. Were it up to me I'd let Melissa loose. For the whole thing!

I agree. I thought Daugherty meandered in his opening statement. Were it up to me I'd let Melissa loose. For the whole thing!
I'd like to see MR do it but at this point I'll take anyone who can CLEARLY lay out the case from beginning to end in a way that makes complete sense and leaving no doubt in the juror's minds that Merritt killed the McStay family. The PT needs to email each one of us a copy of their closing statements so we can critique it for them. :D

Imo
Exactly, agree they are the voice for the victims and the Justice seekers that fight in their corner to see that Justice is served.

I hope that whomever on the PT side, who does the closing, also puts up a LOT of visual displays of the victim's faces, their beautiful new home, a poster with a bulleted list of all the "coincidences," that add up to CM's obvious guilt and another one detailing all of the money, he stole and conned out of them.

Well they certainly had the full quickbooks which would show the multi year course of dealing as to how cheques were recorded.

I think it was a mistake for the state not to cover this

I hope that whomever on the PT side, who does the closing, also puts up a LOT of visual displays of the victim's faces, their beautiful new home, a poster with a bulleted list of all the "coincidences," that add up to CM's obvious guilt and another one detailing all of the money, he stole and conned out of them.

Exactly. Title the list, HOW MANY COINCIDENCES MUST YOU BELIEVE HAPPENED???

Or out to the side of each one listed.. write: Coincidence or evidence of Murder??

I think they should still end the closing by putting up on the huge TV screen showing the smiling happy photo of the four victims vibrant, and alive. Then let that fade to all black then from the blackness CMs image should slowly emerge until its a crystal image of him digging the deep hole in the DESERT.

The last images they should see is the 2 white crosses showing where they were finally found in the DESERT.

Or show the crime scene photo of the 4 victims in the graves.

Imo the visual images help to tell the story.

Just those three or four photos alone really tells the story imo.

Imo

I can’t believe we are finally on the home stretch! This case brought me to WS, I remember being online in real time when the mass graves were discovered in VV and feeling bittersweet that they had been found. I have butterflies thinking about the verdict, I pray the jury come to the right decision, but I think it’s a hard call to be honest as I’m not sure if the prosecution have done enough. Sigh. MOO

I can’t believe we are finally on the home stretch! This case brought me to WS, I remember being online in real time when the mass graves were discovered in VV and feeling bittersweet that they had been found. I have butterflies thinking about the verdict, I pray the jury come to the right decision, but I think it’s a hard call to be honest as I’m not sure if the prosecution have done enough. Sigh. MOO

It's been so longgggggg! I remember that bittersweet feeling too @Funky funky :( I had always hoped that they just up and left and were living on a beach somewhere.

I went into this trial thinking they had the right guy, I have watched (or listened to) every little bit of testimony, sometimes more than once, sometimes what feels like a million times haha And I am just not as convinced as I was on January 7th. I still think it's possible that Chase did it, but I just don't think it would be for the reasons the State says, the time, and the where. I don't think I would be able to convict someone on 'possible' though. I can't wait for a verdict in this case. I usually move on after a trial, but in this case, I think it will be interesting to watch what happens afterwards, regardless of the verdict. And I'm not even guessing at a verdict because I don't think anything will surprise me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear