Found Safe WA - Gwynn Dilstrom, 7, Newhalem, WA, May 25, 2019

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
Searchers are looking for Gwynn Dilstrom, age 7. She went missing missing from the Lower Goodell group camping site in the North Cascades National Park near Newhalem at about 7:30pm on Saturday, May 25.

D7grI5IUEAEFO4I.jpg

KIRO 7 Brooke on Twitter

Recreation.gov

Link to Lower Goodell Group Campground, where she was reportedly last seen.
Map of area at website.

Hope they can find this adorable little girl soon.

She's already been out there somewhere all night.
Obviously, there's wildlife in the area.

Time is of the essence.

Not seeing much MSM coverage, unfortunately.
Hopefully, that changes soon.

Do the National Parks have any type of system in place to alert visitors to the parks of missing persons so that other campers, hikers, etc., are aware and can keep an eye out?

JMO.

Last edited:
This link says she went missing at 6:30. Sounds like the skagit river goes right along that area...
7-year-old girl goes missing in North Cascades National Park

I've seen both 6:30 and 7:30 times reported for when she was last seen.
Which is it?

Who was there with her at the campsite?
How many people were there at the campsite?
How close was the nearest human being to her when she went missing?

C'mon, MSM, get on it.

JMO.

Last edited:
"The Park Service said she was playing at a campsite with her family when her parents realized she was missing around 6:30 p.m.

Rangers were on scene within minutes and more resources were called to the area.

Whatcom County Search and Rescue is in joint command of the search operation with the Park Service, along with help from Swinomish Police, Skagit and Snohomish County Sheriff's Offices, and Naval Air Station Whidbey.

There are 120 staff and volunteers on the search, five canine units, a drone and helicopter with infrared."

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/7-year-old-girl-missing-from-whatcom-county-campsite/281-82f431b5-902e-49b7-8fcb-58a7cb04c880

King5 News

“She was last seen at Lower Goodell Group site around 6:30 p.m. wearing a black long sleeve shirt with a cat graphic and purple leggings.

The Park Service said she was playing at a campsite with her family when her parents realized she was missing around 6:30 p.m.

Rangers were on scene within minutes and more resources were called to the area.

Whatcom County Search and Rescue is in joint command of the search operation with the Park Service, along with help from Swinomish Police, Skagit and Snohomish County Sheriff's Offices, and Naval Air Station Whidbey.

There are 120 staff and volunteers on the search, five canine units, a drone and helicopter with infrared.”

7-year-old girl missing from Whatcom County campsite

Here is a map of the campground itself:

6hEQlug.jpg

Source: Recreation.gov

This is a group campground meaning a group can reserve either Site A (campsites 1-7) or Site B (campsites 8-14) or both, depending on the group size. Who else was in her group? Did a second group have the other site or did her group have both sites reserved?

Last edited:
A news reporter for ABC News posted a 1:51 video on Twitter. I'm not able to watch a video where I am right now so I'm not sure what he says or shows, but here's the link: Patrick Quinn on Twitter
He shows a video of the creek and that water is moving very swiftly. If she tumbled in, she probably quite a ways down stream.

A news reporter for ABC News posted a 1:51 video on Twitter. I'm not able to watch a video where I am right now so I'm not sure what he says or shows, but here's the link: Patrick Quinn on Twitter

*Still missing
*120 Volunteer searchers
*Dog and Helicopter being used
*Showed the fast moving but shallow creek

@PatrickQuinnTV
7-year-old Gwynn Dilstrom is still missing 19 hours later. I’m told more than 120 volunteers are searching for her right now. More details tonight at 4/5/6pm on @komonews.

They've had dogs out along w/ the searchers.
Very, very heavily wooded area.
From where the reporter was standing, you could both hear and see the water rushing really rapidly.

Last edited:
A google review of this campground advised to “carry bear spray and a gun” if camping there...:(

Water + Wildlife = Dangerous Surroundings.

She's so young and so tiny..and that park is so massive.

Hoping and praying she's sheltered safely in place somewhere, and that searchers locate her before nightfall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back