Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
A report from the internal misconduct investigation is yet to be made public. Jubelin could potentially still face charges over allegations of recording in breach of the Surveillance Devices Act.

BBM.

High-profile detective resigns after being stood down from William Tyrrell case

Sounds as though he's in trouble. I would think if he was not concerned about the allegations then with his dogged personality, would have fought tooth n nail to stay on board after all he's invested? MOO.
Even good guys can make mistakes and bad guys can always appear otherwise.

Heres hoping a new broom will sweep clean and a fresh perspective can solve William disappearance. I don't care what Dectective does it..just that he is found!!
yes I tend to agree ms c that it doesn't look good that jubes jumped.
something big is going down. whether its his own behaviour or he's been pushed out IDK but I don't think he would walk away unless it was absolutely necessary.

it was discussed previous thread about him providing support and help to the FF now he's out of the force but my two cents on it personally think that would be a huge mistake and extremely unprofessional.
there is no room in this case looking forward or back to show or give opportunity to a "perceived' bias or tunnel vision.
the task force should not be affiliating with anyone connected to an unsolved crime.

moo

Last edited:
something big is going down. whether its his own behaviour or he's been pushed out IDK but I don't think he would walk away unless it was absolutely necessary.

it was discussed previous thread about him providing support and help to the FF now he's out of the force but my two cents on it personally think that would be a huge mistake and extremely unprofessional.
there is no room in this case looking forward or back to show or give opportunity to a "perceived' bias or tunnel vision.
the task force should not be affiliating with anyone connected to an unsolved crime.

moo

BBM - support was given to the FF during the last portion of the inquest, separate entrance etc, even though Jubelin was on desk duty and not present. How much does that say?

yes I tend to agree ms c that it doesn't look good

moo
Amen to that! Agree whole heartedly! No room for any familiarity in cases such as these. Familiarty breeds comtempt..and if not, can breed bias!

The key word is IF. At this stage it’s just a complaint. How do we know it’s true and not revenge, or jealousy, or god forbid because he was getting too close to something.

IMO this word, ‘bullying’ is overused these days thanks to social media. It seems to be that you now only have to disagree with someone to be accused of bullying. IMO.

I would also suspect that high pressure workplaces such as homicide would be highly susceptible to these sorts of accusations, when really, it could just mean that the complainant is underperforming and reacts in an accusatory manner. IMO.
I honestly don't understand, what the allegedly bullying of staff had to do with recording a witnesses "talk" without warrant. First the unofficially recording (I don't want to know, how often that is done by police and not only by GJ!) - then the bullying because someone protested against? Who was the officer, who protested so much: the officer, who became the new lead in case WT?

I honestly don't understand, what the allegedly bullying of staff had to do with recording a witnesses "talk" without warrant. First the unofficially recording (I don't want to know, how often that is done by police and not only by GJ!) - then the bullying because someone protested against? Who was the officer, who protested so much: the officer, who became the new lead in case WT?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was DS Craig Lambert. Though that info will be confidential.
There was a report after the 'altercation' that neither officer had filed a complaint (about the altercation), but that is not to say that Lambert did not then file a complaint about the recording and 'staff management'.

Neither have placed an official complaint regarding the incident, though officials say preventative measures are being put in place anyway.
'NSW Police Force is managing a conflict resolution process following a verbal disagreement between two officers during an operational briefing,' a police spokesman said.
'As passion for the job is an imperative trait for a detective, robust workplace disagreements are not uncommon.'
William Tyrrell clash: Lead detectives 'come to blows' during meeting about missing toddler | Daily Mail Online

I think it looks fine that Jubes has resigned. He has worked for the force for 34 years. Why on earth would he want to stay at this point? They are not going to put him back on the latest case that is most dear to his heart. He is not cut out for pencil pushing.

The accolades from all those he has clearly helped are rolling in from many directions. Even the current Premier weighed in with her thanks to Gary, something that wasn't necessary if it wasn't heartfelt.

Just because we want him on William's case (or because others don't want him on William's case) does not mean that he cannot retire when he has simply had enough.

We can make this bigger than Ben Hur, or we can accept that this man has spent decades doing the right thing for the people of NSW, has thrown his whole back into it, is admired by those he has helped and who have felt his compassion.

Why slag him off now (not directed at you) for the sake of supporting internal police politics?

He is a good man, one who has always been on our side for truth and justice for all of NSW.

Last edited:
I think he may be under an NDA. It is very sad news.

Yes, I think the NDA would be while he is a current serving police officer. Once he retires, I think that will all change.

As long as he is not interfering in an ongoing investigation, I believe that he will be able to write his memoirs.
Sometimes I think it is good for the public to know the political bulldust that goes on within the services that our taxes pay for.

“Families of murder victims have been left furious after a high-profile detective resigned over alleged misconduct while working on the disappearance of William Tyrrell.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, 57, was taken off the case in January after he was accused of secretly recording a suspect without permission or a warrant.

He was also accused of bullying staff - but strongly denied any wrongdoing.

Last week, he resigned from the force, leaving the families of victims whose cases he worked on devastated.”

Families of murder victims vent their anger after cop resigns | Daily Mail Online

P.s I’m shocked GJ is 57 I thought he was in his early 40s.

“Families of murder victims have been left furious after a high-profile detective resigned over alleged misconduct while working on the disappearance of William Tyrrell.

Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, 57, was taken off the case in January after he was accused of secretly recording a suspect without permission or a warrant.

He was also accused of bullying staff - but strongly denied any wrongdoing.

Last week, he resigned from the force, leaving the families of victims whose cases he worked on devastated.”

Families of murder victims vent their anger after cop resigns | Daily Mail Online

P.s I’m shocked GJ is 57 I thought he was in his early 40s.

Jubes has certainly kept himself in very good physical shape, as well as keeping his mind balanced with meditation and yoga.

From your linked article ....

'The NSW police needs Gary far more than he needs them. It's a pity they might realise this a little too late.'

BBM - support was given to the FF during the last portion of the inquest, separate entrance etc, even though Jubelin was on desk duty and not present. How much does that say?

That tells me the foster family were treated differently than the bio family and that to me was very disappointing. A high level NSW police officer did accompany the foster family from memory.

I believed media reports the bio family ended up entering and exiting through a more protected entrance in the final couple of me days of the 1st tranch.

Oh my goodness it is now obvious there is history not just involving the Tyrrell investigation, of non documented/warranted recordings according to this news broadcast. If this ends up being pushed to successful prosecution all may not bode well for this former high ranking detective. Crimes against the relevant Act can find an offender jailed.

Please could someone tell me if Daniel Morcombe's killer was asked permission or was given a warrant to record him? Do you really think they asked him (legally) to show how Daniel was murdered and were Daniel's remains were?
They wouldn't have caught that if these ridiculous methods were put forward.

IMO all gloves off whatever it takes to catch a .

May be so but the hands on fisty cuff with another detective last year about August as reported in the media, may have been what broke the camel's back.

PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.
Let's not assume he was the aggressor. And aggression can be verbal as well as physical. IMO.

Neither have placed an official complaint regarding the incident, though officials say preventative measures are being put in place anyway.
'NSW Police Force is managing a conflict resolution process following a verbal disagreement between two officers during an operational briefing,' a police spokesman said.
'As passion for the job is an imperative trait for a detective, robust workplace disagreements are not uncommon.'
William Tyrrell clash: Lead detectives 'come to blows' during meeting about missing toddler | Daily Mail Online

I think it looks fine that Jubes has resigned. He has worked for the force for 34 years. Why on earth would he want to stay at this point? They are not going to put him back on the latest case that is most dear to his heart. He is not cut out for pencil pushing.

The accolades from all those he has clearly helped are rolling in from many directions. Even the current Premier weighed in with her thanks to Gary, something that wasn't necessary if it wasn't heartfelt.

Just because we want him on William's case (or because others don't want him on William's case) does not mean that he cannot retire when he has simply had enough.

We can make this bigger than Ben Hur, or we can accept that this man has spent decades doing the right thing for the people of NSW, has thrown his whole back into it, is admired by those he has helped and who have felt his compassion.

Why slag him off now (not directed at you) for the sake of supporting internal police politics?

He is a good man, one who has always been on our side for truth and justice for all of NSW.

Great post, SA.

That tells me the foster family were treated differently than the bio family and that to me was very disappointing. A high level NSW police officer did accompany the foster family from memory.

I believed media reports the bio family ended up entering and exiting through a more protected entrance in the final couple of me days of the 1st tranch.
That was discussed in the last thread, pt and it was offered to the bio family but they declined. There was a link provided which I don't have atm, so will just have to say OMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine