UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what they must be going through. To have a family member do this to your own child must be devastating. Any support or sympathy they felt for him before must be gone.
I don't think he is enjoying it, though. He just doesn't want to admit to whatever horrible thing he has done to his own family. IMO

I wish I felt he had an ounce of decency, but I think he has zero conscience.

I do think he is enjoying this cat, and mouse game. All he cares about is protecting himself. That's it.

He knows the longer it takes to find this precious little girl the more evidence of what he did to her can become degraded.

He is thinking, imo, no body no case, and without her body he gets to keep his deviant depraved dark secrets as to what he made Elizabeth endure.

If he wasn't enjoying all of this he would tell his sister where she can find her murdered little girl.

Imo

Does anyone have his arrest record on hand? Any violent charges?

Unfortunately not having a violent criminal history never stops those from elevating their crimes to the most violent ones imaginable ...like kidnapping, rape, and murder.

We have seen many brutal horrific murders committed by those who didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket.

Imo

Wait, did I miss something? Why is the school marked with police tape? Was there an evidentiary find made there?

My presumption was that was where the clothes were found. They said they found some of her clothes and it was taped off about the same time. They also said they found some things of evidentiary value but didn't specify. I guessed the places taped off were the locations they found those things. Generally they tape off areas where they find evidence.

Just my opinion and theory, nothing more.

Last edited:
$500 cash bond, and the guy is still in jail. He probably doesn't have the money. And he probably doesn't have anywhere to go anyway.

Knowing Logan, UT, and the people there, this loser is probably safer where he is...I saw mentions of quite a few creative methods people thought would "help" him cooperate with authorities on Facebook.

I do think he is enjoying this cat, and mouse game. All he cares about is protecting himself. That's it.
Yup, he cares none for what his sister & her ex are experiencing. If he did, he’d end this NOW.

We have seen many brutal horrific murders committed by those who didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket.
There’s always a first.

Good point. If he is an addict and going through withdrawal in a jail cell right now, the only thing on his mind is getting some kind of relief.
In that case they may have to wait awhile before they can get some answers. Maybe they can bribe him with comfort drugs. Imo

I wonder if he’s on Rx for any “condition” he might have?
His FB makes me think he’s had struggles in certain areas & those around him know. Jmo

Yup, he cares none for what his sister & her ex are experiencing.

My guess is that he did this as some kind of a ""revenge for his sister not providing him something he felt he needed or deserved. Maybe even just totally impulsive.

Maybe his sister wouldnt give him any money

Maybe she wouldn't let him stay there

Maybe his self-sympathy meant that she deserved it "you had it easy" "you were the favorite" etc

I know someone whose brother who is heavy into drugs and denial about it. The meth-head is always complaining about the sober, hard-working, responsible brother as the lucky one, the one who had it easy, the one who everyone likes. Despite the sober brother working two jobs to support their 3 kids and pay for their healthcare benefits, despite he himself having a serious chronic illness and one of his children also.

This mindset of "it's not my fault, it's never my fault" never goes away and under the influence of meth and such can get really irrational and unpredictable

Last edited:
Logan City Police Department
46 mins ·
Update 5-26-19 17:05

Today additional search and rescue support has been called in from several other counties. The search has been expanded to the Hyrum area and we continue to work leads that have come forward. We now have over 200 individuals assisting in the search effort.

As a reminder:

Any residents in the area between 300 south to 100 north and 300 west to 600 west that have video surveillance, including smart doorbells please check your videos and cameras specifically for the hours between 2am and noon on Saturday May 25, 2019. Please report any suspicious activity to the non-emergency dispatch number 435-753-7555, please do not call 911.

If you live in the south-west Logan, Nibley, Hyrum or Mount Sterling areas please watch for any suspicious items on your property. If anything is found, please don’t touch it and call dispatch immediately. Also, any residences or businesses in these areas that have an outdoor camera system or ring doorbell camera please review the footage for any suspicious activity between the hours of 10am and 4pm on Saturday, May 25th. Please call dispatch at 435-753-7555 if you have any information.

My guess is that he did this as a revenge for his sister not providing him something he felt he needed or deserved.

Maybe his sister wouldnt give him any money

Maybe she wouldn't let him stay there

Wonder if she acquiesced to his request to spend Friday night, wishing to avoid an argument. A few reports mention he arrived around 2 when she was getting ready for bed. I also thought perhaps her family had already been sleeping & he woke them? It matters none how last someone stays up but 2a.m. is an odd time to drop in.

Idk his motive, I suspect he was obsessed with his niece.
Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Logan City Police Department
46 mins ·
Update 5-26-19 17:05

Today additional search and rescue support has been called in from several other counties. The search has been expanded to the Hyrum area and we continue to work leads that have come forward. We now have over 200 individuals assisting in the search effort.

If you live in the south-west Logan, Nibley, Hyrum or Mount Sterling areas please watch for any suspicious items on your property. If anything is found, please don’t touch it and call dispatch immediately. Also, any residences or businesses in these areas that have an outdoor camera system or ring doorbell camera please review the footage for any suspicious activity between the hours of 10am and 4pm on Saturday, May 25th. Please call dispatch at 435-753-7555 if you have any information.

This is quite a broad search area for a guy who's only known means of transportation is a skateboard, and I believe he left that at the Shelley residence.

I believe they will find her. If he does get released I do believe LE will tail him. If he does off himself I pray he at least lets it be known where this poor little girl is.
I wonder if his mother or sister has talked to him. IMO, that might do the trick if there’s a way to force him to do it. (Too much SVU?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288