CANADA Canada - Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, 10, Montreal, 12 March 2018 #2

To chime in with a local opinion:
I think Ariel’s case hit home with the population and police...with a great empathy and almost instanteous desperation. Many lost children and teens have a lot less press and attention from police regardless of race/influence.
Often children are lost and the very worst case scenarios fill our minds. In this case, it is possible that the Occam’s razor was he was in the river minutes soon after his last know steps. Given the huge media and community push in the following days and weeks I do feel that all stones were turned, perhaps frustratingly confidentally by police.
And I think the race/influence card is misplaced here. I hope his parents and community will know that for many of us, Ariel is not a forgotten boy...he is still a lost boy and that one day soon there will be answers.
X

I think Ariel’s case hit home with the population and police...with a great empathy and almost instanteous desperation. Many lost children and teens have a lot less press and attention from police regardless of race/influence.
Often children are lost and the very worst case scenarios fill our minds. In this case, it is possible that the Occam’s razor was he was in the river minutes soon after his last know steps. Given the huge media and community push in the following days and weeks I do feel that all stones were turned, perhaps frustratingly confidentally by police.
And I think the race/influence card is misplaced here. I hope his parents and community will know that for many of us, Ariel is not a forgotten boy...he is still a lost boy and that one day soon there will be answers.
X

I agree, it was heart warming to see the community's immediate support and caring. I'm sure it touched the hearts of Ariel's family.

I am surprised that many lost children (as young as 10?) have a lot less press and attention from police. Hopefully that improves. Every missing child must be taken seriously from the start.

X
I don’t recall them ever finding any evidence that he had fallen in the river. I can totally understand where his father is coming from, because IMO since he hasn’t been found in the river, nor evidence that’s even what happened, the possibility exists that he could have been abducted.

I know if it were my child I wouldn’t be able to accept they had died if there was no evidence that’s what had happened.

Last edited:
Frédéric Kouakou was a little nervous walking with the artist Julian Palma Luque. Together, they went to a painted mural for the little Ariel in a Montreal alley. When he looked up, Mr. Kouakou shouted "Wow!"
upload_2019-9-11_7-36-36.jpeg
Une murale pour ne pas oublier Ariel
Article and accompanying video in french but with great images of this new mural of Ariel gracing a wall in a ruelle of Montreal.
This is not far from me and I will go for a walk today to see it up close.

Coverage of Ariel’s mural in English:
New Montreal Mural Is Dedicated To Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou, Boy Missing Since Last Year
Frédéric Kouakou was a little nervous walking with the artist Julian Palma Luque. Together, they went to a painted mural for the little Ariel in a Montreal alley. When he looked up, Mr. Kouakou shouted "Wow!"
View attachment 203622
Article and accompanying video in french but with great images of this new mural of Ariel gracing a wall in a ruelle of Montreal.
This is not far from me and I will go for a walk today to see it up close.[/QUOTE

View attachment 203622
This is not far from me and I will go for a walk today to see it up close.

What a beautiful mural, awesome . That sweet boy needs to be found.

What a beautiful mural, awesome . That sweet boy needs to be found.
That is a beautiful mural. So nice of them to do this.

My heart goes out to his parents- how awful has this been for them? Here he was, just going to try and hang out with a friend, and sadly that friend wasn't home. He went for a walk and just vanished, without a trace.

Nothing new, bumping.
Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou Service de police de la Ville de Montréal - SPVM
Missing Person Profile
Last Name Kouakou
First Name Ariel Jeffrey
Age (at disappearance) 10
Year of birth 2008
Height 137 cm / 4ft-6in - 142 cm / 4ft-8in
Weight 40 - 40 kg
Hair color Black
Eye color Black
Case number MTLEV1800243655
Clothing
Type of clothing Pants
Clothing colour Grey
Type of clothing Coat
Clothing colour Black
Type of clothing Shoes
Clothing colour Yellow

Description

Endroits fréquentés : Maison des jeunes au parc Mésy, parc Marselin-Wilson, les Galeries Normandie.

Aurait quitté son domicile vers midi pour aller chez un ami.

How to help:
Anyone with information about this missing person can contact 911 or their local police station.

To transmit information using a confidential and anonymous method, please contact:
INFO-CRIME MONTRÉAL
tel_rond.png
514 393-1133

Don't hesitate to share this information on social networks.

Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou
Person missing since: March 12, 2018
At the request of police investigators, we ask you to support our efforts by sharing the description of the missing person.

It's been two years since 10-year-old Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou disappeared from his home in Montreal's Ahuntsic-Cartierville borough.

"They really just want to honour their son in a very private way and share this moment just within the family," said Pina Arcamone, director general of the Missing Children’s Network. "They're still looking for answers, and so are we."

She notes members of the Missing Children’s Network have been in touch with the Kouakou family over the last few weeks, as the anniversary of his disappearance approached.

"It's obviously still a very difficult time for them. It's been two years without any news," Arcamone told CTV News. "We need to continue keeping hope alive and circulating the photo. They do want to find their child."

In the months following the boy's disappearance, Montreal police received hundreds of tips, but as of late, investigators say they haven't cracked any new leads.

2 years later, Ariel Jeffrey Kouakou's family still hopes he'll be found

Lexintoronto posted this news item in relation to a missing boy in NS and the technique searchers are employing in hopes of locating him in the water.
Wondering if anything similar might be considered in Jeffrey's case, assuming he did in fact enter the river? speculation, imo.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dylan-ehler-missing-search-police-truro-1.5567593

''A day after calling off the search for missing Nova Scotia three-year-old Dylan Ehler, the Truro Police Service is launching a mannequin equipped with radio frequency equipment into a brook, in hopes it will provide clues to the child's whereabouts.

The mannequin is approximately the same height and weight as Dylan and will be put into Lepper Brook Wednesday afternoon. One of Dylan's boots was found in the brook, and another was found further down the brook at the mouth of the Salmon River.

The mannequin will also be wearing clothes similar to the ones Dylan was wearing when he was last seen. It will be tracked by helicopter and through its radio transmitter, as it heads down the brook''

And just like that, almost three years have slipped through our fingers, and still no sign of Ariel.

amateur opinion and speculation

One can google and find out what efforts police can utilize to find a drowned body. I've never read a report that any of these measures were taken after the winter freeze of the river to find Ariel's body. If LE are so sure he drowned, why haven't they done anything to find his body with technology that has been available for years?

They ended their investigation very early with absolutely no proof for their theory of him drowning, and ignoring his family's claims that he would never go near the water. LE has never taken measures to prove their theory with further efforts to recover his body, which would rule out other nefarious possibilities in Ariel's disappearance.

I think of Ariel and his family, and I am angry that he didn't get the best effort from LE. jmo

And just like that, almost three years have slipped through our fingers, and still no sign of Ariel.

I just sent an email request to:

Rachel Lau​

CTVNewsMontreal.ca Digital Reporter

Montreal

to do a followup article on Ariel. The last I saw was from 2020.
Hope she does.

Amateur opinion and speculation

And the months go by…

I remember what the child’s father speculated, and agree.
I’ve never thought this an accident.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆