Canada - 4 y.o. boy in ICU, hit & run by motorcycle, Toronto, ON, 26 May 2019 *Arrests*

dotr

Reaction score
Rbbm.
Four-year-old boy fatally struck by motorcycle in city's east end
"The boy was in and out of consciousness when paramedics arrived and he sustained severe injuries to his upper body and head, police told CP24.

He was transported to SickKids Hospital via emergency run in life-threatening condition where he was pronounced dead a short time later.

Toronto police said the motorcycle is believed to be a red or orange cruiser-type Harley Davidson. The driver has been described as a heavy-set white male who is believed to be between 40 and 50 years old. He was last seen wearing all dark clothing with white running shoes, officers said.

Witnesses also say a female passenger was on the bike at the time of the collision. Investigators described her as a white woman believed to be in her 20s with blonde hair to her shoulders. She was last seen blue jeans with rips with a black T-shirt and white running shoes.

“The motorcyclist was last seen driving northbound on Victoria Park Avenue,” Sgt. Carm Zambri told reporters at the scene. “However, the female passenger was last seen running in an eastbound direction on M Avenue, which is just north of this location.”

“We are appealing to the public for any assistance – anyone that might know this couple, anyone that can provide any information that can help us with our investigation. I’m appealing to the motorcycle driver and the female passenger to come forward.”

The article posted above has been updated with the following information:

At around 4 p.m., Toronto police told CP24 the child had succumbed to his injuries but a few hours later family members contacted CP24 saying the boy is alive and remains in intensive care.

Police then said an officer went to the hospital to check on the child's condition and confirmed he is still alive.

Sending warm thoughts and prayers for this little guy.

680 news now has photos of the driver and passenger. Also a photo of the bike with riders.

Please post. Thank you Sillybilly!

Last edited:
from 4-year-old boy remains in critical condition after being hit by a motorcycle

MOTORCYCLE-FAIL-TO-REMAIN-COMPOSITE.jpg

According to the news report posted above, the child was dragged by the motorcycle. :( There is NO way this driver was unaware that he hit a child. And yet he still chose to leave the scene. WTH is wrong with (some) people? When this man is apprehended, I hope he is charged severely and never has the opportunity to legally operate a vehicle again.

According to the news report posted above, the child was dragged by the motorcycle. :( There is NO way this driver was unaware that he hit a child. And yet he still chose to leave the scene. WTH is wrong with (some) people? When this man is apprehended, I hope he is charged severely and never has the opportunity to legally operate a vehicle again.

I wonder if there's anything they can charge the woman with too
being a disgusting human being isn't a crime unfortunately

Arrest made after four-year-old boy critically injured in east-end hit-and-run
"His father Ruhul Chowdhury said his son has not yet regained consciousness but there is still hope that he will survive.

“His brain is damaged. He has (a) broken elbow, broken shoulder, broken legs. But doctors are not worried about those things right now. They are worried about his brain. His brain is really damaged,” he said.

Chowdhury said staff members at the hospital have indicated that they’ve seen positive signs but cannot make any definitive conclusions at this point.

“When my wife went to see him to the ICU… she (said), ‘Hey Radi, mommy is here,” Chowdhury said. “We got a little response.”

He added that doctors will provide the family with an update on Radiul's condition after they perform an MRI later on Monday.

“I think right now he needs prayers from everyone,” Chowdhury said."

Arrest made after four-year-old boy critically injured in east-end hit-and-run
"His father Ruhul Chowdhury said his son has not yet regained consciousness but there is still hope that he will survive.

“His brain is damaged. He has (a) broken elbow, broken shoulder, broken legs. But doctors are not worried about those things right now. They are worried about his brain. His brain is really damaged,” he said.

Chowdhury said staff members at the hospital have indicated that they’ve seen positive signs but cannot make any definitive conclusions at this point.

“When my wife went to see him to the ICU… she (said), ‘Hey Radi, mommy is here,” Chowdhury said. “We got a little response.”

He added that doctors will provide the family with an update on Radiul's condition after they perform an MRI later on Monday.

“I think right now he needs prayers from everyone,” Chowdhury said."

so sad
I hope beyond hope he can make a recovery

Rbbm.It takes a very big man to forgive someone so soon, even as he is waiting to learn the fate of his little boy, imo.
Cops charge man in hit-run that badly injures boy
"While calling for the motorcyclist who hit his son to turn himself in on Monday morning, Chowdhury said: “I have forgiven you.”

Toronto Police officers made an arrest Monday afternoon and seized a 2016 Harley Davidson Glide Motorcycle."
"He described Radi as an active little boy who is always jumping around. “Everyone loves him,” the boy’s dad said, adding, the coming hours were “crucial” as “his brain is hurt and he needs a CT scan.”

Man accused in hit-and-run that left boy critically injured released on bail

Darren Dawson is seen in this undated image.
"Wearing a green hoodie drawn across to obscure his face, Darren Robert Dawson was released on $25,000 bail with the consent of the Crown.

He was ordered to surrender his passport, remain in Ontario, not use a motor vehicle, and not contact the victim or his family"
"Dawson is expected to appear next in court on July 15 at 2 p.m."

What I learned from this case today.

It seems that if someone has an attorney to attend the police station, when turning themselves in, part of the 'deal' one can make via the attorney, is that the police DO NOT release your name/address until it comes to court.

I did not know people can 'make deals' with the police, thought that (making a deal) happened at the court level.

As per Steve Ryan, CP24

They refer to him as a motorcyclist. Well, I don't like that, I ride one from our garage, and the only person I've injured is ME.

He's a perpetrator, or something.

Not coming up with great words for this, but I expect you all know what I mean!

JMHO YMMV

This is likely to get me into BIG trouble with some of you BUT isn't anyone upset that a 4 yr old was 'in the road' on first reports.

It seems, that he was with his mother and he *somehow* got out onto the roadway which IS a major thoroughfare.

THAT infuriates me something fierce. We always had our kids by the hand when walking on major roadways.

Now, please do not misunderstand, it in no way lets the driver off the hook for leaving the scene/having no insurance etc.

And, I know the parents are now and forever, locked in a special hell. BUT......someone was in charge of that little boy who now lies in a coma with what his father describes as a 'broken brain'. Poor tyke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back