UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Including possession of a weapon by felon....
But the term "Dangerous Weapon" is used which is intentionally vague and broad so as to encompass a variety of implements that could be weapons. I looked up Utah code and that term does not include chemicals such as pepper spray or poisons.

By the term Dangerous Weapons, I believe this means he did not have a firearm as they would have charged him with the higher charge of a felon in possession of a firearm.

So I'm thinking knife, or even brass knuckles. It could also have been a bat, or a crowbar, nunchucks, a chain, even. I think a knife would make the most sense

I dont have the map w the points mentioned, but Paradise is a small town directly south of Hyrum, and farther south from Logan.

Maybe 10-12 miles from the house.

He could have made that on foot walking for several hours. Or maybe someone gave him a lift.

Wonder if he had a destination or was walking to be walking, maybe hoping to hitchhike once he reached the main road. Thankfully they got him before someone made the mistake of picking him up. I’m sure he had little if any money. Jmo

it is possible he’s just really freaking messed up and even medicinal herbs couldn’t curb his disgusting impulses... I am with you in thinking that marijuana is going to make you less aggressive/combative than normal and especially
VS. something like crack, meth, pcp, etc..
Exactly pot does not create junkie monsters.

If the dangerous weapon was a knife and it has her blood on it, that could be a reason they switched from rescue to recovery so early. His pictures disturb me. My heart hurts for this tiny little girl when I think of what has likely been done to her by someone who was supposed to love her and protect her.

Are there still volunteer searches going on, or were they all called off?
I'm surprised she hasn't been found yet. I know that the search area is fairly big, but you'd think with K9s and evidence for smell it would be somewhat quick.

Marijuana can be laced with almost any other kind of substance to get an enhanced experience:
When I worked with drug court, we had plenty of folk
in major trouble from laced weed.
I have never felt a desire to do anything other than pot.
But, everyone is different. I’m guessing if he was out visiting at 2am he was cranked up on something,
Especially considering his following 22hrs. (Until booking at 12:36am)

I think if he was on a dirt road near Paradise, he was likely looking to just hideout for a while. Maybe near the Little Bear River to the west. There is really nowhere to go in that direction. It's not like he was heading out to hitchhike or disappear into a larger city going that route.

Pretty chilly weather to be out in the elements. Maybe 60 during the days but 40 's at night with several storms coming in.

Someone upthread had said he stopped attending his job at the JSB Meat plant in Hyrum about 4 months ago. I wonder if he was hanging around with people who were more familiar with that southern area.

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter10/76-10-S501.html

(6) 76-10-306.
(a) "Dangerous weapon" means:
(i) a firearm; or
(ii) an object that in the manner of its use or intended use is capable of causing death or serious bodily injury.
(b) The following factors are used in determining whether any object, other than a firearm, is a dangerous weapon:
(i) the location and circumstances in which the object was used or possessed;
(ii) the primary purpose for which the object was made;
(iii) the character of the wound, if any, produced by the object's unlawful use;
(iv) the manner in which the object was unlawfully used;
(v) whether the manner in which the object is used or possessed constitutes a potential imminent threat to public safety; and
(vi) the lawful purposes for which the object may be used.
(c) "Dangerous weapon" does not include an explosive, chemical, or incendiary device as defined by Section

Marijuana can be laced with almost any other kind of substance to get an enhanced experience:

Laced Weed | Marijuana Laced With LSD, Coke & Heroin

Includes PCP, heroin, ketamine, cocaine, LSD
I'm guessing he only used alcohol and marijuana. Those are the only two he tested positive for at the time of both of his arrests. He was on probation for a year before he obsconded, so he had to have come up clean every week for at least a year.
So maybe it's possible that he relapsed, or experienced symptoms related to a mental health disorder, or a combination of the two. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail