Australia - Courtney Herron, 25, body found in Royal Park, Melbourne, 25 May 2019

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...on-enters-its-second-day-20190526-p51r73.html

The woman whose body was found in Royal Park on Saturday has been identified by police as Courtney Herron, a 25-year-old woman of no fixed residence.

Devastated Melburnians left flowers at the scene on Sunday morning as police scrambled to identify the victim and her killer, more than 24 hours after dog walkers made their "horrendous" discovery.

Police released details of the woman's identity just before 1pm, saying in a press release she was assaulted at the scene some time overnight on Friday.

Investigators are still working to establish the exact circumstances leading up to Ms Herron's death. The last confirmed sighting of her was in St Albans on May 14, police say.

Police today identified the woman as 25-year-old Courtney Herron, of no fixed residence.

'of no fixed residence.'...….21st century. Of course, property investment must be protected. At any cost.

But there is an horrendous cost.

She looks so vulnerable.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Police in Melbourne have charged a 27-year-old man with the murder of Courtney Herron.

Key points:
  • Courtney Herron had been couch surfing, police said
  • A 27-year-old man is expected to appear in the Melbourne Magistrates' Court charged with murder
  • Ms Herron had drug and mental health issues, police said
Man charged with murder of Melbourne woman whose body was found in park

In one report over the weekend it said Courtney was last seen at a police station so I’m thinking she was known to police.

That is a scary thought. Has she ever had bad experiences walking through there? I imagine now she will be quite shocked and uncertain about her safety indefinitely now. Such a shame it can’t be different. Opportunists prey at any lengths and being such a huge area, it’s going to be so hard to pin point perpetrators. I hope someone’s house surveillance or any form of surveillance will become available. Fingers and toes all crossed

Years ago, I complained about the lack of security near the nursing quarters and a laboratory.
I was frowned upon by someone of authority.
The next weekend a nurse was attacked in the vicinity.
Nowadays, I avoid parks, rivers, quiet beaches, isolated areas, and walk my poor dog, carrying a stick, around the busy neighbourhood.

Accused park killer may be 'delusional'

'A man accused of killing 25-year-old Courtney Herron in a Melbourne park has a "possible delusional disorder", his lawyer has told a magistrate.

Henry Hammond, 27, faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday, after being charged overnight with murdering Ms Herron, whose body was found in Royal Park on Saturday morning.

The man, of no fixed address, also has a possible autism spectrum disorder diagnosis, lawyer Bernie Balmer told the court as Hammond was remanded in custody until September 16.'

So. Here we go again. How extraordinary that 2 blokes, both with ' possible autism spectrum disorder ' decide to bash to death two women in the same park in Melbourne. And isn't Henry lucky that his lawyer spotted the problem so quickly.

A 'possible delusion' disorder.

How come they get these delusions, at night, in a dark park, carefully out of sight of everyone else, and having spotted a woman walking alone? Well away from any police patrol, or civilian traffic, what could possibly be the trigger, there, hmm?

So... was Henry on parole? in bail? … under medical care? being treated in a program? did he have a care worker? a parole officer? if on bail, who was he bailed to? . .

This story of Mr . Hammond , 27, of no fixed address, yet able to be instantly diagnosed by his court appointed solicitor as a man under a 'possible delusion' has whiskers on it.

Accused park killer may be 'delusional'

'A man accused of killing 25-year-old Courtney Herron in a Melbourne park has a "possible delusional disorder", his lawyer has told a magistrate.

Henry Hammond, 27, faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Monday, after being charged overnight with murdering Ms Herron, whose body was found in Royal Park on Saturday morning.

The man, of no fixed address, also has a possible autism spectrum disorder diagnosis, lawyer Bernie Balmer told the court as Hammond was remanded in custody until September 16.'

So. Here we go again. How extraordinary that 2 blokes, both with ' possible autism spectrum disorder ' decide to bash to death two women in the same park in Melbourne. And isn't Henry lucky that his lawyer spotted the problem so quickly.

I feel so angry! I work with adolescent boys (and girls) with ASD, this is not about ASD! It doesn't matter if a man has ASD or not, if he wants to kill someone he will. Yes individuals with ASD may have difficulty understanding certain situations, however it depends on the spectrum of the disorder, for some it is extremely minor. Even then, if there is a violent response it is usually against themselves (hitting their head on walls, objects, with their hands) than on others and even if it is toward others, it is usually a flee response as something in their environment has become distressing, not a coming-back-for-more-continued-bashing!! Sounds like they are just making excuses.

I feel so angry! I work with adolescent boys (and girls) with ASD, this is not about ASD! It doesn't matter if a man has ASD or not, if he wants to kill someone he will. Yes individuals with ASD may have difficulty understanding certain situations, however it depends on the spectrum of the disorder, for some it is extremely minor. Even then, if there is a violent response it is usually against themselves (hitting their head on walls, objects, with their hands) than on others and even if it is toward others, it is usually a flee response as something in their environment has become distressing, not a coming-back-for-more-continued-bashing!! Sounds like they are just making excuses.

Look... the solicitor is 'laying out the ground' for the story, there is not much else the poor darn solicitor can say, really. Already , the police , as is their unarguable right , have claimed the high ground from the perpetrator, describing the attack as 'horrendous'.

And there is a sort of repetitive pattern here, with something so inexplicable and incomprehensible, something so far out of the range of expected behavior and our own ideas of how we conduct ourselves, and our expectations of how others conduct themselves , that the instant explanation is that of some strange problem of the mind that cannot be understood.

Even so, it made me damn cross, too, Ariona.

'His lawyer, Bernie Balmer, told the court Mr Hammond had been previously diagnosed with ADHD and there were possible diagnoses of delusional disorder and autism spectrum disorder. He was on medication for those conditions, Mr Balmer said.'

Alright. So we now know he was under some sort of medical care, some sort of regular attention due to conditions already diagnosed.

"Ms Herron tried to call her former boyfriend Terrick Edwards in the hours before her death, his sister Nindara Edwards Norris told The Age. Ms Norris said her brother now felt responsible "for not being able to offer her a safe place for the night". The couple had lived together in the inner-northern suburb of Northcote for "many years" and remained close after separating four years ago.

The 25-year-old had suffered "many mental illness issues and recurring homelessness" since the split with her brother, Ms Norris said.

Ms Herron was raised in the northern suburbs and was "part of a beautiful caring Greek-Aussie family" and had a brother and sister... She had worked for a government department "a number of years ago", Ms Norris also said.

Ms Norris said her brother would want Ms Herron "to be remembered for the lovely woman she was and not just another homeless person who died on the streets"."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...rtney-herron-faces-court-20190527-p51ri0.html

Remembering Courtney Herron
6 minute segment.

Courtney should have had a safe place and a warm bed.
It's not really about violence against women as the perpetrator was a victim as well.
Beit drugs or mental illness, both had nowhere to go but to survive however they could. No-one to help them both and when you are in that situation, survival which ever way you can is to survive.
No fixed address means you can't get help. No food, no shelter, nothing. It's winter and Melbourne is bitter.

Unfortunately tonight there is another Courtney and another Henry sleeping rough tonight and tomorrow night...

Ms Herron, 25, had been at the social gathering in Melbourne’s CBD with her accused killer Henry Hammond, 27, along with a group of friends.

The information provided by the group of friends proved crucial in the arrest of Mr Hammond, according to multiple media reports.
Accused murderer Henry Hammond spent the night at a party with victim

Mr Hammond, 27, is originally from Katoomba in the NSW Blue Mountains

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975