Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe he alleged transgressions were discovered by the Coronial investigation team. They would cross match info on police files with issued warrants to ensure the information passed up as a brief of evidence was obtained lawfully. It is also possible the person who was recorded or knew of an unwarranted recording knew of the recording and reported such to the Coronial investigation team. The timing of the stand down of Jubelin to me indicates.

The timing of the August 2018 hands on altercation between Jubelin and the lead detective is also interesting. It occurred not long after the inquest was announcedand the last search at Kendall and surrounds in June 2018.

Where is William? Who is responsible?

I have read that Jubes has done things that make other police 'bristle' or has caused 'chagrin' of his superiors.

Mr Jubelin had a reputation as an unconventional operator who forged extremely close bonds with victims' families, sometimes to the chagrin of his superiors.

Mr Jubelin once joined the families of the slain Bowraville children outside the NSW state government to protest inaction on the case, something that made other police officers, who often try to remain apolitical, bristle.
He received a standing ovation from the victims' families when he gave an emotional account to a parliamentary committee of racial discrimination and poor handling of the case by previous governments and police.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...fter-tyrrell-controversy-20190525-p51r6o.html

Both of you have interesting points. I find it really difficult to fathom that jealousy and ego are issues at stake among Strikeforce Rosann when GJ has so strongly been supported as the leader by the public and media for years. Since it is an ongoing investigation, I imagine preparing for this inquest would be quite difficult, such questions as how do we elicit more information to further the investigation without tipping anyone off as to what we know?

Do cops have to advise everyone of their body cameras or dashcams? No.
It seems to me like a crock.

Not to mention all the CCTV cameras on every street corner.
I believe my Alexa records as well, I don't recall her advising me so I think I'll be putting her on desk duty.
Yep, it’s hypocrisy.

Both of you have interesting points. I find it really difficult to fathom that jealousy and ego are issues at stake among Strikeforce Rosann when GJ has so strongly been supported as the leader by the public and media for years. Since it is an ongoing investigation, I imagine preparing for this inquest would be quite difficult, such questions as how do we elicit more information to further the investigation without tipping anyone off as to what we know?

Jubes certainly has been the poster boy for the NSW police for a while. I was trying to find a photo of DS Craig Lambert the other day, I couldn't find one single photo. (Maybe someone else might be able to find one.)

Though others have been chosen as the poster boy in other states, too. For example, DS Dave Hutchinson, in Qld.

It is almost as if certain police officers are encouraged to speak with the media, hold the pressers, put POIs under media pressure. And others are hidden away out of sight, with not one photo available.

I am not sure that it is only because those poster boys are the chiefs of the investigations. Obviously, putting them out there creates a certain degree of personal risk for them. Yet others are protected with greater privacy.

Do they still use oneway mirrors and hidden cameras in the investigation rooms?
TBL let's go all the way and say hiding in a van with a pair of binoculars is a bit on the sneaky side as well.
The list goes on.....
I’m thinking of Maxwell Smarts secret devices. They were ahead of their times with the shoe phone !

Getting back to William, I do wonder how spedding was poi named and had so much speculation on him and others were not named. There was speculation that it was because of his connection to hillsley and GJ jumping on that but surely there is a whole lot more to that other than what we have seen in the media .

Last edited:
Getting back to William, I do wonder how spedding was poi named and had so much speculation on him and others were not named. There was speculation that it was because of his connection to hillsley and GJ jumping on that but surely there is a whole lot more to that other than what we have seen in the media .

Yes, I think there is a whole lot more that has put Spedding in the spotlight. Not only named a POI, but also requested to be at the inquest.
Will be interesting to see the inquest list ... see how many of the other named POIs have been requested to attend. That should give an indication of who has been cleared and who has not been cleared - who is higher up on the suspect list, and who is lower on the suspect list.

Yes, I think there is a whole lot more that has put Spedding in the spotlight. Not only named a POI, but also requested to be at the inquest.
Will be interesting to see the inquest list ... see how many of the other named POIs have been requested to attend. That should give an indication of who has been cleared and who has not been cleared - who is higher up on the suspect list, and who is lower on the suspect list.
Sure will, I wonder if any witnesses will have anonymity

According to Mark Leveson the recorded conversation related to a personal matter, nothing to do with police work. It was recorded at Mark's suggestion, so Gary had permission. Nothing unlawful

Further to my comments of yesterday indicating I consider the alleged infractions may have been picked up by the Coronial investigation team I find it more than interesting to discover the counsel assisting the coroner Mr Craddock was also involved in the Leveson Coronial inquiry. The Coronial findings and a connected discharge document are found through this link and I suggest both documents are read.

Search

In the findings document the coroner details some very disturbing processes that Jubelin followed that show clearly he worked on a knife edge. The recording the Leveson's were involved in is detailed and the withholding of evidence to them by Jubelin in the lead up to the recording is pointed out clearly. What the Leveson's were put through by Jubelin is astonishing and very disturbing. They were deliberately used and facts deliberately withheld from them prior to their involvement in a recording process. And it is clear it was NOT a recording based on a personal discussion between the Levesons and Jubelin.

It is clear to me that Jubelin was willing to risk everything to achieve. Yes Mathew's remains were discovered BUT the twists that Jubelin applied to achieve the results which included a serious and deliberate manipulation of a Coronial process is mindblowing to me.

The discharge document mentions Craddock's involvement in the inquest process.

Therefore he would be well aware of Jubelin's tendencies with regard to recording of conversations as detailed in current media articles.

In the Leveson case there was no conviction of an offender with an open finding therefore unwarranted actions of recording did not tip the scale against Jubelin but certainly heightened police and Coronial authorities' awareness of his actions. Then when similar actions were revealed in regard to the Tyrrell investigation he found himself at the centre of an internal NSW police inquiry.

It seems to me there is a lot more to be revealed in regard to these current allegations.

Last edited:
From your link Papertrail I can't find any reference to Gerard Craddock SC.
A different person, DSC Scott Craddock, an investigator on the Leveson case is the only Craddock I can see mentioned. Perhaps I'm missing something.

In Mark's most recent interview yesterday he stated very clearly that the recorded conversation happened well after the inquest was completed. Mark Leveson would be better informed as to what has happened IMO as the allegation involved him.

This is going around in circles so I'll leave it at that.

From your link Papertrail I can't find any reference to Gerard Craddock SC.
A different person, DSC Scott Craddock, an investigator on the Leveson case is the only Craddock I can see mentioned. Perhaps I'm missing something.

In Mark's most recent interview yesterday he stated very clearly that the recorded conversation happened well after the inquest was completed. Mark Leveson would be better informed as to what has happened IMO as the allegation involved him.

This is going around in circles so I'll leave it at that.

463543025a6c0c1a4552e5e21043c4a7928f8237

Detective Senior Constable Scott Craddock (left) and Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin embrace Faye Leveson after bones were found.

I don't think you are missing anything, Lemony.

Three years later, in fading light on Wednesday afternoon, one of those officers, Detective Craddock, found Matthew's bones.

No manipulation either ......

The Levesons have always been an integral part of the investigation, offering their own leads and research. At one point, Mark Leveson wore a body wire for police and confronted Atkins in the hope of recording a secret confession.
No battle seemed too big for this family, who prefer the term "fighters" to "victims".
"Their tenacity knows no boundaries," says Peter Rolfe, a family friend and president of Support After Murder, a group that supports families and friends of those who have been killed.
"I've seen them get kicked in the guts and get up and fight over and over again," he says. "They are an inspiration to other victims and have shown how one doesn't give up."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ilys-pursuit-for-justice-20170602-gwirgp.html

In the following interview, Mark Leveson clearly outlines what politics he thinks are at play.
From 2.57 - 3.15
9News - Latest news and headlines from Australia and the world

Although the new NSW minister of police, David Elliott is not the person who GJ would have worked under in homicide some years ago, his last position was as the Minister for Counter Terrorism, (which is operated by the police) and would have certain people he relies upon in the force, I would imagine.

Interesting to me, that in his last few days as Minister of Police, Troy Grant decided to spend his time accompanying the foster parents to the coronial inquest, before he retired. What was also sad was his take on why he didn't have the heart to go on serving in a political capacity, in the following article.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...ics-at-the-next-election-20180712-p4zr02.html

In the following interview, Mark Leveson clearly outlines what politics he thinks are at play.
From 2.57 - 3.15
9News - Latest news and headlines from Australia and the world

"It just smells. Gary's high-profile. Are those in the force perhaps jealous of his success?" Mr Leveson said.
"Has someone been overlooked for promotion because of him?
"Gary works at the coalface. He's not looking to climb any ladders.
"He likes doing what he does. Whether this has upset people within the force, we don't know."

(Mrs Leveson) .... "He does put the families first. He genuinely cares," she said.
"Under the rough exterior he cares for the families.
"At the same time he's very professional.
"His integrity is beyond doubt. He never does anything he shouldn't.
"He pushes the envelope but he never crosses that line.
Matthew Leveson's parents back top detective after shock resignation

I think it looks fine that Jubes has resigned. He has worked for the force for 34 years. Why on earth would he want to stay at this point? They are not going to put him back on the latest case that is most dear to his heart. He is not cut out for pencil pushing.

The accolades from all those he has clearly helped are rolling in from many directions. Even the current Premier weighed in with her thanks to Gary, something that wasn't necessary if it wasn't heartfelt.

Just because we want him on William's case (or because others don't want him on William's case) does not mean that he cannot retire when he has simply had enough.

We can make this bigger than Ben Hur, or we can accept that this man has spent decades doing the right thing for the people of NSW, has thrown his whole back into it, is admired by those he has helped and who have felt his compassion.

Why slag him off now (not directed at you) for the sake of supporting internal police politics?

He is a good man, one who has always been on our side for truth and justice for all of NSW.
yep he deserves better (if true for whats been established as the catalyst.)
just all seems unfinished business???
:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members