UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it was reported that AW had a burner phone but he left it at his sister's house along with his skateboard. I read this in the same news that misreported his bond was $250k versus $25k. I've not seen this reported elsewhere so I'm not certain.o_O

————

But he could have made that post/added the picture, before he left the house.

The police captain said that they did find clothing in his possession that indicates that he was with him. KSL 5 TV
——————

Maybe a coat ..... a hat, or boots, that of course, she didn’t/wouldn’t have had on when she went to bed?

Something he bought her after they left the house, and she was wearing?

Maybe something that had a price tag on it from the next morning?

Last edited:
I just find it odd there wasn't a BOLO for a tall man with dark hair wearing a dark suit with a white shirt and blue tie, possibly traveling with a skateboard.

Was he found wearing these clothes? It would be pertinent for those trying to follow him on security camera footage
In my experience from living in Utah, it might not stick out as much as you’d think, except for him being on a skateboard which he left at his sister’s house. His clothing might help him pass as being on his LDS mission, especially with his age. He would have been missing the name tag and they are usually clean shaven, but driving by him might not have caused a closer look, thanks to the suit. Moo.

MISSING GIRL: Logan City Police has expanded the search area for missing 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley to include southwest Logan, Nibley, Hyrum and Mount Sterling.

Homes in missing Logan girl's neighborhood searched 3 times as police widen search area
Monday, May 27th 2019

KUTV) — Neighbors in the area where 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley disappeared Saturday were visited a second, or even third time, Sunday by police.

“We see them coming several houses down and we just open our garage, open all of our car doors, front door,” said Cody Hall, who lives down the street.

He said people don’t seem to mind the intrusion. They’re just trying to stay positive.

“I mean you’ve got to have hope, you can’t lose that, even though it’s going longer and longer,” he said. “I’ve got a 5-year-old, which is terrifying to think about this scenario.”

Logan police on Sunday reported they’re still pursuing new leads. The search zone now includes Nibley, Hyrum and Mt. Sterling, with some 200 people from multiple counties involved in the effort.

They’re asking people in those communities to check surveillance cameras for anything suspicious Saturday from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m.
~snip

(Video at link)
Homes in missing Logan girl's neighborhood searched 3 times as police widen search area

21-year old Alex Whipple is police's main suspect. He's in the Cache County jail on an arrest warrant for a probation violation, as well as drug and gun-related charges

Liljenquist said Whipple bought cigarettes and beer. That was at about 1:30 p.m.
Logan Police said authorities caught up to Whipple less than two hours later a few miles away from the Hyrum Shortstop, walking along a country road.

Employee: Suspect in missing child case came into Hyrum gas station

Another question----we saw that he changed his profile picture on Saturday morning.

How did he do that without a phone? Did he meet up with someone ? Did he have a burner that his sis didn't know about?
He updated his profile pic at about 2:00 pm on Friday. It wasn’t a new/recent pic of himself, but an old picture that he added a new frame too. A frame with little hearts on the bottom, which I think is strange.

His clothing might help him pass as being on his LDS mission, especially with his age. He would have been missing the name tag and they are usually clean shaven, but driving by him might not have caused a closer look, thanks to the suit. Moo.

Sounds like he might have been chugging a beer as he strolled thru Hyrum, maybe chain smoking?
So glad no one picked him up.
We know he had little if any sleep, possibly using drugs, presumably drinking beer, wth else was he going to do if not apprehended?

21-year old Alex Whipple is police's main suspect. He's in the Cache County jail on an arrest warrant for a probation violation, as well as drug and gun-related charges

Liljenquist said Whipple bought cigarettes and beer. That was at about 1:30 p.m.
Logan Police said authorities caught up to Whipple less than two hours later a few miles away from the Hyrum Shortstop, walking along a country road.

Employee: Suspect in missing child case came into Hyrum gas station
Very narrow timeframe. Also strange behavior for someone who has to know the cops are out to get him.

MISSING GIRL: Logan City Police has expanded the search area for missing 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley to include southwest Logan, Nibley, Hyrum and Mount Sterling.

Monday, May 27th 2019

KUTV) — Neighbors in the area where 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley disappeared Saturday were visited a second, or even third time, Sunday by police.

“We see them coming several houses down and we just open our garage, open all of our car doors, front door,” said Cody Hall, who lives down the street.

He said people don’t seem to mind the intrusion. They’re just trying to stay positive.

“I mean you’ve got to have hope, you can’t lose that, even though it’s going longer and longer,” he said. “I’ve got a 5-year-old, which is terrifying to think about this scenario.”

Logan police on Sunday reported they’re still pursuing new leads. The search zone now includes Nibley, Hyrum and Mt. Sterling, with some 200 people from multiple counties involved in the effort.

They’re asking people in those communities to check surveillance cameras for anything suspicious Saturday from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m.
~snip

(Video at link)

Thank you for the link.

The way it sounds is LE is thinking this monster may have found a vehicle unlocked making him able to pop the trunk to conceal Elizabeth's little body inside. Imo. Or has hidden her body on someone's property.

Do they have crawl spaces in this area that can be accessed from the outside? Tia

It sure shows they are leaving no stone unturned.

Imo

Last edited:
I’m waking up thinking and reading about Lizzy and about Maleah. I have my 3 year old in my arms and my 6 yr old sleeping next to us. How do people go through life when something like that happens? How would you ever find peace. I couldn’t handle it and it would be hard to be here for anyone. I’d be useless. Can’t find the words.

Last edited:
It sure shows they are leaving no stone unturned.
Perplexing to say the least. Maybe over night the video/cam footage LE received yielded info. Obviously footage showing him with the girl & another image a street or two away w/o her would be most helpful.
Let today be the day she’s found.

Bail set at $45,000.00.
$500 cash, but when he goes to court, I think bail might be denied, since he is a violator. As soon as Lizzie is found, his charges will be amped up.

Maybe I am not a nice person, but I have cut off family and friends who have issues with substance abuse and I don't understand why anyone would allow someone with that kind of history into their home with a small child?

I get that not everyone is like me, but why not bring that baby to sleep in your room if you are allowing someone with that kind of history into your home? I get he is family... but, come on!!

I do hope they find her. It's pretty obvious that they (Detectives) know this isn't "ending well" but...

... I don't know. I wouldn't have allowed him in my home. I would have called the cops if he showed up at my house.
We don't know how much his family knew about his drug use, or the extent of it. Some people view alcohol and marijuana as being pretty mild.
If it was really that bad I would think he would have been ordered into rehab as part of his probation.
Maybe that's how his sister looked at it, and she wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.
There are about 20 million Americans with substance abuse problems, I think it's not that easy to just keep them away from your kids, especially if they are your husband, wife, or immediate family member.
They may not have seen him in a while, he may have lied to them and told them he was doing great, not using, or any number of things.
Or his sister simply wanted to help him and trusted him. She certainly isn't responsible for his actions. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supersleuth22