Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
New Canaan Police are looking for a missing woman Saturday, May 25.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing as of 8:45 am. Saturday..

Anyone with information related to Dulos’s whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

920x920.jpg

New Canaan Police search for missing woman

I'm in her town. Really I don't understand why the NC police gave no details at all in the alert. They stated the time she was last seen and day. But who saw her, where and is her car missing, anything else? All very strange. She has 5 children and hopefully she is found very soon! This is sad.

New Canaan is not a place typically seen in the news!

Haven't been there since the 70's. Skating on Mead Pond, swimming at Kiwanis, fireworks at Waveny, caroling at the Congregational Church, the Nature Center....

Yes, Laughing. Still the same things in NC.. Though I wish the people were as nice/friendly as back in the 70s. Lack of information on this lady makes me think hopefully she left on her own and will return. Still zero info on where she was last seen/who saw her. Prayers she is found very soon for her 5 children.

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say on here.. it is all speculation. But from what someone in town just said, she had some serious relationship concerns.

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this situation:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

If this lady has 5 children, I imagine she needs a break! Hope she & the kids are safe.

(Thinking about the Talmadge Hill station, oddly enough there is a suspect in another active case with the first name Talmadge!)

I wonder if she works. If so, and she's absent tomorrow, that would probably reduce the likelihood of a voluntary disappearance. At age 50, some of her kids might be old enough to look after themselves (and their siblings) for a few days. I'm guessing that the lack of information points to a relationship problem and that LE is trying to be discreet? Hope she turns up safe today.

Its interesting that the Silver Alert issued by NCPD shares very little in the way of details. Here is the lastest posting on SM from NCPD with a picture of a SUV that is similar to what she was seen in which is a Black Suburban SUV New Canaan Police Department (@newcanaanpolice) • Instagram photos and videos.

From the NCPD: "We are asking anyone who had contact with Jennifer Dulos on Friday May 24th, 2019 or has information regarding her disappearance to call the New Canaan Police Tip Line at 203-594-3544. The vehicle pictured is not the exact vehicle driven by Dulos but the same make, model and color."

So far as I've been able to figure out there is no license plate info released and no photo of the actual vehicle. I hope they have more information than they are releasing to the public!

They've added a tidbit more info here, left driving a black 2017 Chevy Suburban

Search for missing New Canaan woman enters 4th day
Also from the article:

There was a heavy state police presence Tuesday afternoon with K-9 units searching the neighborhood of a 50-year-old woman who went missing last week.

State police were searching a wooded area along Frogtown Road between Weed Street and Ponus Ridge Road near the Welles Lane home of Jennifer Dulos, who was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday.

About 10 state police and New Canaan police cars were seen parked or driving in the neighborhood Tuesday afternoon. There was no activity at Dulos’ residence, but two state police cruisers were parked outside a nearby home.

[...]

Missing New Canaan woman involved in long custody dispute

Additional new info. This is looking less like a voluntary to me.

But -- where are the children? LE isn't looking for them, apparently.

Did Dad have Memorial Day Weekend, or even more time due to summer?

@nyc2015, when is the school year finished? I remember once going to double digits in June, including a Saturday morning, in order to make up snow days.

(And, when I say Talmadge Hill, yes that's pre-1968. I was startled when I Googled for it!)

But -- where are the children? LE isn't looking for them, apparently.

Did Dad have Memorial Day Weekend, or even more time due to summer?

@nyc2015, when is the school year finished? I remember once going to double digits in June, including a Saturday morning, in order to make up snow days.

(And, when I say Talmadge Hill, yes that's pre-1968. I was startled when I Googled for it!)
Children are with extended family

Dulos filed for divorce in 2017 from her husband, Fotis Dulos, who she has been married to for 13 years. The two have five children between the ages of six and 11, including two pairs of twins.

A hearing is scheduled at the Stamford courthouse for 10 a.m. Wednesday, one day after a court-appointed guardian ad litem (GAL) filed a motion for a status conference “regarding the safety of the children.”

Michael Meehan, a Bridgeport attorney, has served as a GAL for the Dulos’ children. In cases where a parenting plan cannot be agreed upon, the court could order a GAL to “independently represent the best interests of the child,” according to the Connecticut Judicial Branch. ...

Missing New Canaan woman involved in long custody dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member