UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max speed is 40 mph according to a few websites I saw. But the tracks are not in great shape.

I found a page about trains in the Cache County area. Here is the bit about Hyrum:

"Hyrum Utah is home to E.A. Millers meat packing plant & stockyards. This must have been a busy
place for the railroad at one time, but now most every thing is hauled in or out on trucks.
The train still switches here & will spend about an hour doing their work when work is needed.
I'm working on getting more photos here. The line made a northward curve on the east side of
the packing plant & heads north for the first time since leaving Cache Junction."

The Cache Valley Branch

I don't think the line between Logan and Hyrum has very regular service, so this may not be a fruitful course for further sleuthing.... other than my contention that it would still be a good route to take if you were walking to Hyrum and didn't want to be seen

"As a family we are overwhelmed, scared and sad. We are grateful for the searchers."
"We ask for privacy and respect for this difficult time, we hope for the safe return of our sweet girl Lizzy."

There is a disconnect from this statement, and the one made by the officer. It was pretty clear from the officer's comments that the search is for a body recovery. I was particularly grossed out by the search warrant on the body of the suspect.

From the officer's comments, they are going to move forward with charges against Whipple even if Elizabeth is not found. Apparently there is more than enough evidence in his opinion.

Last night, when looking at the maps of where they were searching, I saw one lot had what looked from the aerial view like a whole bunch of porta potties. Man, I hope they were padlocked, else I would hate to be on the team that had to search them all.

I found a page about trains in the Cache County area. Here is the bit about Hyrum:

"Hyrum Utah is home to E.A. Millers meat packing plant & stockyards. This must have been a busy
place for the railroad at one time, but now most every thing is hauled in or out on trucks.
The train still switches here & will spend about an hour doing their work when work is needed.
I'm working on getting more photos here. The line made a northward curve on the east side of
the packing plant & heads north for the first time since leaving Cache Junction."

The Cache Valley Branch

I don't think the line between Logan and Hyrum has very regular service, so this may not be a fruitful course for further sleuthing.... other than my contention that it would still be a good route to take if you were walking to Hyrum and didn't want to be seen

He wouldn’t have needed to ride the train. Toss that body on a moving train and walk away. Or hide it well (maybe in a shipping container) on a train that is stopped or barely moving and hop off. He was capable of walking to Hyrum.

"Searchers did find clues of “evidentiary value” near the girl’s home that police say indicate she’s likely nearby."

I can think of many things that could be associated with the little girl. But I can't come up with anything that I can imagine would specifically indicate, "she's likely nearby." Any ideas, guys? Or, do you think it's just clues of "evidentiary value" and thus, they're assuming she's "likely nearby?"
Drops of her blood as she was being carried away by AW maybe? Stumped me too. That's all I could come up with.

I hope everyone in the area is checking their trash cans, and dumpsters. There aren't a lot of ways one can carry the body of a child without being noticed. A yard bag is one that comes to mind.

Reminds me of the Boston bombers. Check truck beds, trailers, boats, cars. He didn't have a lot of time and he was on foot.

"Searchers did find clues of “evidentiary value” near the girl’s home that police say indicate she’s likely nearby."

I can think of many things that could be associated with the little girl. But I can't come up with anything that I can imagine would specifically indicate, "she's likely nearby." Any ideas, guys? Or, do you think it's just clues of "evidentiary value" and thus, they're assuming she's "likely nearby?"

What if they found some of her clothing buried nearby? If he stopped to bury her clothing, it would make sense she was also nearby, somewhere.

Jill Parker, spokesperson for the family, read a statement from the family.

"As a family we are overwhelmed, scared and sad at the recent tragic events that have touched our lives. We are grateful for all of those who continue to search and help. We would like to thank law enforcement, volunteers and all other agencies and businesses for their tireless efforts in helping us find our daughter. Our family asks for privacy and respect during this difficult time and continue to hope for the safe return of our sweet girl Lizzy."

ETA: Jill Parker is from Cache County Attorney's office representing victims advocate dept.

Police: Evidence links 5-year-old Logan girl's uncle to her disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member