TX TX - Kristy Booth, 19, Midland, 2 Feb 1980

Her NamUs profile she has dentals & DNA. Her cousin came by Aundria Bowman's FB page; said that everyone that was at her table the last nite of her life in 1980 all died within a year of her missing. One was shot, brakes were cut. Somebody wanted nobody to talk
If that is true, then this case deserves more attention. I think it's solvable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yourbasin <original link broken>

In Midland, there are many cases that have gone unsolved.

"We just have to keep following up you know, seeing if there is any new information out there," says Sergeant Jimmy Young from the Midland Police Department.

And the case of Kristy Lynne Booth is one that police aren't giving up on.

"On these cold cases you know every once in a while we will put it out and see if anyone has any information on this case," says Young.

On February 2, 1980, Booth went missing from Dimensions Night Club near Air Park Road. Since then there has been little to no news on her disappearance.

"We haven't had information for the past several years," says Young.

Young says that with older cases like these, new technology can make a big impact. It can also get the department closer to their goal of bringing closure to the family.

Texas Missing Persons Clearhouse Online Bulletin
Missing Person Details
M880903a.jpg

Date Picture Updated: 1/11/2002

Name: Kristy Lynne Booth
AKA:
Case Number: M8809003
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible

Height: 5' 8 "
Date of Birth: 12/26/1960
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White

Weight: 120 lbs.
Age Missing: 19
Hair Color: Brown
Sex: Female

Last Seen in: Midland (Midland)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 02/02/1980

Circumstances: Ms. Booth has pierced ears and a birthmark on the right side of her stomach. She was last seen wearing a white, button-down blouse, pink vest and blue jeans. Ms. Booth was not wearing shoes when she disappeared. Her 1975 maroon and white AMC Pacer was found abandoned approximately 2 miles south of IH-20 on SH 349 (Rankin Highway).

Additional Pictures

Date Picture Updated: 1/11/2002

These 12 missing people were last seen in Midland, Odessa

I'm somewhat familiar with the Midland area. When I first read the car was abandoned on Rankin Highway I figured, yeah, perfect place to ditch it (with another car there to pick the driver up..once you go south of I-20 it's the middle of nowhere..I-20 runs along the southern edge of Midland-Odessa) and something nefarious had gone on. But then seeing that her male friend is the one who had the car is strange. I wish we were told what his explanation was since he had the car and it was abandoned two days later. Without knowing more it seems like he left the car there. Obviously sounds suspicious. The 268 miles, well in West Texas communities are isolated. To drive to the nearest small city and back would take about that many miles. Perhaps he had an oil field job, which is the main industry in the area. If so it would be easy to put that many hours on it in a day or two if he was driving out to job sites.

The thing I've taken out of this is that her car just got out of the shop the day she went missing, so those miles were put on the car in that day. A radius of 130 miles(130 miles out, 130 miles back = 260 miles) would get you to Lubbock, Abilene or San Angelo. I wonder which direction her car was when it was found? Going back into town or on its way out?

I'm also surprised the detectives just dismissed Ferrenberg as a suspect because of a lie detector test. All signs point to him. She knew who abducted her. Thats why she ran out of the bar on a cold night with no shoes or coat. To hop in a car with someone she knew, thinking she'd be right back in. She probably had a prearranged time for Ferrenberg to pick her up at the club, decided she wanted to stay longer, ran outside to tell him she was staying thinking she'd be right back inside in a couple of minutes. Remember this was waaaay before cell phones, so rides and meetings had to be prearranged. ALL signs point to Ferrenberg.

KBooth.jpg
KBooth1.jpg

Kristy Lynn Booth
Missing since February 2, 1980 from Midland, Midland County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: December 26, 1960
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7-5'8"; 115-120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; reddish-brown hair, long and straight.
    • Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears and a birthmark on the right side of her stomach. A dimple in her left cheek.
    • Clothing: She was last seen wearing a white button down blouse, pink vest and blue Levi jeans. She was not wearing shoes.
    • AKA: Kriss
    • Dentals: Available. #30 tooth missing.
    • DNA: Available
    • Circumstances of Disappearance

Booth was last seen on February 2, 1980 at the Dimensions Nightclub at 411 Airpark. According to police, a male friend of hers, who is now deceased, dropped Booth and a female friend off at the club. He took her car and told the two he would return around 11 that night. But when he did, he said, he couldn't find the girls anywhere. Booth walked outside around 11 o'clock that night. It was five days later before a police report was filed through the city.

• Booth's 1977 maroon and white AMC Pacer was found abandoned 2 miles south of HI-20 on South Highway 349 (Rankin Highway). Police later found she had taken her car to be serviced the morning of her disappearance and since then the odometer showed it had been driven 268 miles.

• Investigators do not believe Booth left the club willingly, because she left without her shoes and coat, and the weather was cold and icy. Police then were led to believe she either left the club unwillingly or had gone outside with the intention of staying only a short time.

• Between the years of 1978 and 1979, Booth was a senior at Lee High School.

• A year after graduating, Booth still lived at her family home in the 4400 block of Monty Avenue with her father Tom, mother Myra and her two siblings. Police said that she never had any problems at home. Her nights were spent at The Great Gatsby, a restaurant on Cuthbert Avenue , where she worked as a cocktail waitress.

Investigators
      If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Midland Police Department
      Lieutenant Ronnie Wilson
      915-685-7110
      915-685-7108

Or
      Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
      512-424-2811

Agency Case Number: 44928
      TXDPS M88-09-003
      NCIC Number: M-077752671
      Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
      Texas Department of Public Safety
    • Doe Network

Here is another picture of Kristy.
booth_kristy3.jpg

Also in the Charley P. file, new info to me: She has one missing tooth. I wonder if this was a visible one. (there are dentals in Namus, IIRR)

Kristy Lynne Booth – The Charley Project

The thing I've taken out of this is that her car just got out of the shop the day she went missing, so those miles were put on the car in that day. A radius of 130 miles(130 miles out, 130 miles back = 260 miles) would get you to Lubbock, Abilene or San Angelo. I wonder which direction her car was when it was found? Going back into town or on its way out?

Thats why she ran out of the bar on a cold night with no shoes or coat. To hop in a car with someone she knew, thinking she'd be right back in. She probably had a prearranged time for Ferrenberg to pick her up at the club, decided she wanted to stay longer, ran outside to tell him she was staying thinking she'd be right back inside in a couple of minutes.

Visualizing 134 miles (back and forth = 268 miles) around Midland (Highway where car was found abandoned is very near) Of course everything is possible but I think her body is somewhere in this circle.

I think the above scenario sounds very likely...run outside where you know someone is waiting, because you made an appointment upfront. Maybe she didn't want to go, even invited him in, "nagging" and he didn't want to go along. Maybe they got a fight about that in the car. Who knows.

She lived with her parents so they must have noticed she didn't come back a certain point in time. When did they realize this, what was told to them about her absents, by who? It seems like she was reported missing 5 days after she was last seen (by Ferrenberg?), 3 days after her car was found abandoned. What about her friend(s) she was partying with, what was their explanation? And what about the story she took her car for servicing. It's not on the Charley file anymore but still.... this info has to come from somewhere/somebody. It seems relevant, considering the extra miles. Ferrenberg could not have made them between bringing her (around ? p.m.) and picking her up at the club (11 p.m.) according to his account.

Also a very interesting post by Roselvr. Everybody on her table that night seems to have met bad luck/foul play, within a year after Kriss went missing. How many people are we talking about? I would like to know who they were.

Attachments

• radius 134 miles around Midland TX.JPG
    radius 134 miles around Midland TX.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 11
This is from the Midland Crime Stoppers site. Unsolved Crimes

Again mentioning of the car. If she was last seen at 11 p.m. who brought the car to the service-station, I wonder. And what was wrong with it, knowing Ron F, was driving it the night before. Or did they just changed the oil or something like that. And if she brought the car herself; when and where did she got her car back?

February 01, 2008

It was 28 years ago on February 2, 1980, that 19-year old Kristy Lynne Booth disappeared from the Dimensions Nightclub at 411 Airpark. Investigators exhausted all leads in the case and have yet to solve the crime.

Kristy, was at the club partying with friends. She was discovered missing around 11:00pm. She had gone outside, for unknown reasons, and left her shoes and coat inside the club. The weather was cold and icy and it is surmised that she either left the club unwillingly or went outside with the intention of staying only a short time. Her friend, Ron Ferrengburg (now deceased) had borrowed her car. The vehicle, a 1977 white and maroon AMC Pacer, was found abandoned 1.6 miles south on State Highway 349 on February 4, 1980. The vehicle had been driven 268 miles after being repaired on the day of her disappearance.

This is from the Midland Crime Stoppers site. Unsolved Crimes

Again mentioning of the car. If she was last seen at 11 p.m. who brought the car to the service-station, I wonder. And what was wrong with it, knowing Ron F, was driving it the night before. Or did they just changed the oil or something like that. And if she brought the car herself; when and where did she got her car back?

February 01, 2008

It was 28 years ago on February 2, 1980, that 19-year old Kristy Lynne Booth disappeared from the Dimensions Nightclub at 411 Airpark. Investigators exhausted all leads in the case and have yet to solve the crime.

Kristy, was at the club partying with friends. She was discovered missing around 11:00pm. She had gone outside, for unknown reasons, and left her shoes and coat inside the club. The weather was cold and icy and it is surmised that she either left the club unwillingly or went outside with the intention of staying only a short time. Her friend, Ron Ferrengburg (now deceased) had borrowed her car. The vehicle, a 1977 white and maroon AMC Pacer, was found abandoned 1.6 miles south on State Highway 349 on February 4, 1980. The vehicle had been driven 268 miles after being repaired on the day of her disappearance.

I have to correct myself. Sorry. From what I first read I thought the car was serviced in the morning after she went missing. Depending how you read it they probably mean she brought the car for servicing/repair in the morning of 2 February (the day she was last seen at 11 p.m). And checked the millage I guess. How else would they have known there were 268 miles unaccounted for.

Depending on the roads and landscape, according to this site, the time it takes to drive 268 miles at 75 miles per hour (mph) is 3 hours, 34 minutes etc.
How long does it take to drive 268 miles at 75 mph?

If Ron F. dropped them of early (around 7 pm) it would be possible he drove the extra miles and pick them up at 11 pm. I still don't get why the car was found abandoned 2 days later.....

Oke.....so what do you think makes sense....?
<modsnip: accusations against non POI> You're probably right that she's somewhere in that circle. I guess she could have driven some of those miles after picking her car up from being repaired? If she picked it up?

Bumping this case up.

In regard to where she might have been buried: If she were transported in her own vehicle, then one would take the 268 miles added to the odometer (from the oil change) and divide by 2 for a round trip. That is assuming that the car was found somewhere near the service station that changed the oil. This would give a possible maximum distance from the station, or essentially within a circle with a radius of 134 miles.

Since this was a small car, and not a 4 wheel drive off-road vehicle, the likelihood of her being buried near an accessible road would eliminate a good portion of that circled area.

Bumping this case up.

In regard to where she might have been buried: If she were transported in her own vehicle, then one would take the 268 miles added to the odometer (from the oil change) and divide by 2 for a round trip. That is assuming that the car was found somewhere near the service station that changed the oil. This would give a possible maximum distance from the station, or essentially within a circle with a radius of 134 miles.

Since this was a small car, and not a 4 wheel drive off-road vehicle, the likelihood of her being buried near an accessible road would eliminate a good portion of that circled area.

Thank you Richard...can you draw a new circle now, based on your findings. That's exactly the reason I'm posting my stuff. Narrowing it down. Thinking logical... Hug for everything you do on WS.

My comments regarding a 134 mile radius circle are prefaced with two things. First is the assumption or possibility that her own car was used to transport her, and second is that the car was found somewhere near the service station. If the car was found some distance from the service station, then the area of possibility would be eliptec rather than circular.

Also, the mileage would not have been "as the crow flies", but rather would have conformed to area roadways. A lot of winding roads or turns would decrease the size of the overall area.

Time elapsed is not a factor in this area type problem, unless one is trying to match up a known chronology of the victim or potential suspect.

My comments regarding a 134 mile radius circle are prefaced with two things. First is the assumption or possibility that her own car was used to transport her, and second is that the car was found somewhere near the service station. If the car was found some distance from the service station, then the area of possibility would be eliptec rather than circular.

Also, the mileage would not have been "as the crow flies", but rather would have conformed to area roadways. A lot of winding roads or turns would decrease the size of the overall area.

Time elapsed is not a factor in this area type problem, unless one is trying to match up a known chronology of the victim or potential suspect.

Ok...makes sense.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz