UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Logan police search for missing 5-year-old girl

Logan City Police Department
2 hours ago
UPDATED

We are looking for a missing 5 yo white female who was last seen at 2 a.m. and discovered missing at 10AM this morning on the west side of Logan.

It is unknown what type of shirt she was wearing, but is believed at this point she was wearing either blue jeans or a teal colored plaid skirt. She is 3'6" with shoulder length curly brown hair with choppy bangs and brown eyes.

Juvenile may be with her 21 uncle, Alex Whipple, who is described as a white male who is 6’01” 180 lbs with black hair, brown eyes and was wearing a dark colored suit, white shirt with a blue tie.

If you see either of them please contact Logan City Police Department at 435-753-7555. Thank you for your assistance.

60965109_2479648938747204_1964468765030612992_o.jpg

61286790_2479708735407891_2554953904110436352_n.jpg

Sleuthing and discussing the social media of family and friends is not allowed.

As per The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc ... you may link to and discuss social media of a victim and a POI/suspect.

At this time it is pretty evident that the uncle is at the very least a POI, so his social media may be sleuthed (as y'all have been doing ;)) and discussed. Just do not mention posts by his friends, their names, or sleuth their social media and post about it here.

The Rules are linked in my signature. They have not changed for this case.

Live Streaming
From the PC:
Officers located evidentiary items.
Those items have been forensically tested.
The results of testing on these items show they are linked to both the missing child and the uncle, both inside and outside the home.

Asking the public if they saw AW on Friday evening or Saturday, with or without ES, to contact LE.

Also asking the public to check yards, buildings, outhouses, containers, garbage cans.
(Did I hear that right? Do people actually still have outhouses?!)

LE has evidence that AW was involved in ES' disappearance.
"We're putting together a case."

Will provide another update at 3 pm.

There is a disconnect from this statement, and the one made by the officer. It was pretty clear from the officer's comments that the search is for a body recovery. I was particularly grossed out by the search warrant on the body of the suspect.

From the officer's comments, they are going to move forward with charges against Whipple even if Elizabeth is not found. Apparently there is more than enough evidence in his opinion.

Families of victims don't give up hope until long after it is no longer reasonable to hope. The victim's advdocate speaks for them.

So sad!

'Officers located several items of interest a short distance from the home. This item has been tested and there is forensic evidence of 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley,' the update reads.

Police did not elaborate on what that particular item is, but they did say that the piece of evidence connects Whipple to the child and her residence.

'Some items were then located another short distance away which also shows a forensic connection to our missing 5-year-old,' the statement continued.

Authorities also said that they have 'over 200 law enforcement officers from a dozen agencies including local, State and Federal officers' searching for Elizabeth.
Father of missing Utah girl, 5, doesn't think her uncle would hurt her | Daily Mail Online

Logan City Police Department
11:46am pst

5-27-19 Over View and Update of Missing 5 Year Old Elizabeth Shelley:

Police were called around 10 am on Sat the 25th to report a missing 5-year-old female Elizabeth Jessica Shelley.

According to family the complainants brother Alex Whipple showed up Friday evening and they were all in the home at 2am. When they awoke the next morning a little after 9 am they couldn’t find Elizabeth and Alex was no longer in the home. They searched for a while and then contacted police.

Police began search for Elizabeth and Alex, multiple agencies were called in to assist in these efforts. Officers located several items of interest a short distance from the home. This item has been tested and there is forensic evidence of 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley. This evidence also connects Mr. Whipple to the residence from which she went missing and to Elizabeth herself. Some items were then located another short distance away which also shows a forensic connection to our missing 5-year-old.

Cache County Deputies Located Alex Whipple approximately 3pm at the south end of Cache Valley. He failed to identify himself and had a warrant for his arrest for not checking in with probation for is recent charges of receiving stolen property and driving under the influence. He was also in possession of drug paraphernalia. The Cache County Sheriff’s department has charged him with those criminal violations.

He was transported to Logan City police where he was interviewed by detectives. Mr. Whipple made several inconsistent statements at the very beginning and lied about his whereabouts which were already known. He was uncooperative throughout the interrogation. Several search warrants were obtained and executed throughout the night on several crime scenes and for evidence from Alex Whipple’s person. The evidence obtained from Alex Whipple was tested and there are confirmed forensic evidence from Elizabeth Shelley located from off his person.

Multiple agencies including local, state and federal teams continue to work day and night to locate Elizabeth Shelley.

We continue to search area of southwest Logan and points south to Hyrum through Nibley.
We have resources from many agencies from Law Enforcement to Search and Rescue groups. These agencies include the FBI including their Child Exploitation Task Force and Violent Crimes Task Force, Homeland Security, Cache County Sheriff’s Office, North Park Police Department, Smithfield Police Department, Utah Highway Patrol, Adult Probation and Parole and Great Basin K9.
We are working leads which have come forward from our citizenry including possible sightings of Alex Whipple on Saturday.

We ask the public to contact us immediately if :
They saw Mr. Whipple or Elizabeth on Saturday.
You live in the Southwest part of Logan or along the area of 1200 West between Nibley and Hyrum and have video cameras on your residence or business to please contact us as well.
For that same area we ask that individuals check their yards, buildings, containers and garbage cans for anything they don’t recognize.
Call 435-753-7555 with any information

Father of missing Utah girl, 5, doesn't think her uncle would hurt her | Daily Mail Online
"....... Shelley, who claims that Jessica has refused to let him see his daughter, said: 'I seen how he was with her but, like I said Jess has ignored me for 4 years and I lost touch with Alex. A lot can happen in time. ..."
Emph. mine
Sounds as if her parents are estranged.

Yes, if her father was barred from seeing Elizabeth... many things can change.
I think W. Shelley underestimates how evil people can be.

Pretty sad for him. :(

(from above link)
".... Shelley (pictured with Elizabeth when she was a baby) also wrote that he knows 'how it feels to have her go missing in the middle of the night'. Shelley didn't elaborate on that statement ..."

Puzzling.
Wonder if she'd gone missing before, as in wandered away at night ?
Although I don't believe that is what happened, this time.

Imo.

Last edited:
I noticed"Alexander Whipple updated his profile picture May 24 at 11:59 AM" (direct quote from his Facebook). He added hearts to his photo. Wasn't he still missing at that time? She was. Can they find out where he updated from? Can they contact Facebook and find out where he was when he updated?
With the FBI,and Homeland Security on it I'm sure can get it with pinpoint accuracy.
MOO

I noticed"Alexander Whipple updated his profile picture May 24 at 11:59 AM" (direct quote from his Facebook). He added hearts to his photo. Wasn't he still missing at that time? She was. Can they find out where he updated from? Can they contact Facebook and find out where he was when he updated?

ES went missing Saturday, May 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member