UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX 13 News Utah‏Verified account @fox13 1h1 hour ago
The family of 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley thanked emergency responders and the community Monday for their efforts to help find their daughter.

Tania Mashburn‏ @taniadeanksl 1h1 hour ago
Day 3 of search for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley. Crews checking dumpsters in Nibley right now for any evidence. Let’s hope they find something soon.

D7m2hYXUIAAXwS9.jpg

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

I think if she were dead he wouldn’t have been carrying her very far just because that’s really suspicious although most are asleep at that time of night, but if anyone saw it that would’ve been quite strange and if they left at 6am even...that’s even more suspicious if people are outside and awake. It was after 2am and before 9am so there’s so many different ways that happened. MOO

I wonder, if she happily walked along with him at night.
She would have trusted her uncle, and may have thought they were going on an adventure.
Then 'missing'.
MOO.

ETA: 3pm mst has come and gone and so far nothing more reported that what was not disclosed earlier at presser....

At 5/27/19 5:09pm MST

LOGAN, Utah — For the third straight day, Logan Police searched for a missing five-year-old girl, as they build a criminal case against her 21-year-old uncle.

Elizabeth Shelley disappeared from her home in Logan sometime after 2 a.m. Saturday. Her uncle, Alex Whipple, who also vanished from the home, was arrested 12 miles away in a southern, rural part of Cache County.

“We’ve been working around the clock since Saturday morning,” said Captain Tyson Budge, with the Logan Police Department. “No one has stopped.”

Search crews scoured a field today for several hours today and sifted through and collected potential evidence at a number of other different sites in and around Logan, looking for any signs of the girl. Police said they’ve had enough evidence from the beginning to suspect the uncle.

“Everything he has done has been quite deceitful, and we have no reason to believe anything he told us was accurate,” said Budge. “We interviewed him for several hours. He was uncooperative. He made some statements that we were able to verify as untrue very quickly into this interview.” [bbm]

Family reported Elizabeth missing Saturday around 10 a.m. Alex Whipple, now the prime suspect, had shown up at the family’s home before everyone went to bed. According to family, Elizabeth was still in the house around 2 AM.

“When they awoke a little after nine, they observed that Alex and Elizabeth were gone,“ said Budge.

Investigators soon found unspecified evidence near the home.

https://ksltv.com/414889/search-for-missing-girl-continues-in-cache-county-evidence-points-to-uncle/

I wonder, if she happily walked along with him at night.
She would have trusted her uncle, and may have thought they were going on an adventure.
Then 'missing'.
MOO.

I thought the same, but a child isn’t going to be happy to be woken up in the middle of the night to go for a walk and they are usually pretty clumsy when waking up. Now if he did at 7am and she was walking, I could totally see that. MOO

Until I see LE officially state he had a a piece of her clothing in his possession, I'll assume that it's not the case.

Early media reports often get things wrong.

I read on social media early on that he did not, and that this was reported incorrectly. However, until the search warrant confirmed this, it wasn’t stated by any credible sources.

Police suspect Shelley was last seen with Whipple around 2 a.m. He was allegedly visiting the family overnight and discovered missing around 10 a.m. at the same time Shelley could not be found.

Logan City Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Whipple continues to be uncooperative with investigators. During their questioning he rambles and talks in circles, giving police very little to go off of.

“He just talks about the dark twisted world that he lives in,” explained Budge. “Just a lot of self-depravity and about the horrible life that he has had.” [bbm]

Whipple was found by sheriff’s deputies Saturday around 3 p.m., walking in the area of Baxter’s Corral, in Mt. Sterling. He reportedly had some of Shelley’s clothing in his possession and was taken into custody. Saturday night he was booked into jail on a probation violation warrant, in an unrelated case.

Search for missing Logan girl enters day-3 as police try to trace suspect’s steps

ETA: This report comes from local Cache Valley News. Is Baxter's Corral/Mt Sterling near Paradise -- the rural area reported earlier?

Last edited:
Because ES is missing, possibly she is no longer alive.:(
If AW sexually assaulted/molested her, she is old enough to tell others.
If this occurred he needs to dispose of her to save himself.
So.......o_Oo_Oo_O
We will find out with time, I hope.
MOO.

Lol, my question was rhetorical, in response to a dif’ post.

He just talks about the dark twisted world that he lives in,” explained Budge. “Just a lot of self-depravity and about the horrible life that he has had.” [bbm]

Well he didn’t lie about his dark, twisted world, he created it & he’s gonna live it, but it will be a whole lot darker, imo.

On another note, thinking about his suit, did he wear it purposely to carry his bat, and had to put a tie on to complete the look or did he think he might need a tie, for some nefarious purpose.

Whipple was found by sheriff’s deputies Saturday around 3 p.m., walking in the area of Baxter’s Corral, in Mt. Sterling. He reportedly had some of Shelley’s clothing in his possession and was taken into custody. Saturday night he was booked into jail on a probation violation warrant, in an unrelated case.

Search for missing Logan girl enters day-3 as police try to trace suspect’s steps

ETA: Is Baxter's Corral/Mt Sterling near Paradise -- the rural area reported earlier?

Yes. I can't find a landmark named "Baxter's Corral" but I can find a corral off of Baxter Hollow Road that is directly west of Paradise and a bit farther south and west than the street coordinates that were originally given.

See my attempt at marking the Google map with the grey point:

Google Maps

Ok, so that didn't work. Here's my closeup of the corral on Baxter Hollow Road.
Google Maps

It's really nowhere and I just have to think he was following the road off the west side of Hyrum Reservoir and just kept going on dirt roads, maybe through some fields, aimlessly. But that was only 1.5 - 2 hours after his sighting at the Hyrum Short Stop, so he was moving at a good pace. Any more time and he would possibly have been up in those hills and more difficult to find

(Maybe someone can give me directions on how to mark a waypoint on a Google map)

Last edited:
Police suspect Shelley was last seen with Whipple around 2 a.m. He was allegedly visiting the family overnight and discovered missing around 10 a.m. at the same time Shelley could not be found.

Logan City Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Whipple continues to be uncooperative with investigators. During their questioning he rambles and talks in circles, giving police very little to go off of.

“He just talks about the dark twisted world that he lives in,” explained Budge. “Just a lot of self-depravity and about the horrible life that he has had.” [bbm]

ETA: Is Baxter's Corral/Mt Sterling near Paradise -- the rural area reported earlier?
Working on an insanity defense, methinks.

"Logan City Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Whipple continues to be uncooperative with investigators. During their questioning he rambles and talks in circles, giving police very little to go off of.

This guy is some piece of work. It's going to be "all about him". Sick Sick Sick.

So because he's had such a horrible life he took it all out on a defenceless 5 year old child. What an Evil self serving .

Sorry...I've had enough of these disgusting degenerates. Absolutely sick of them.

MOO

Yes. I can't find a landmark named "Baxter's Corral" but I can find a corral off of Baxter Hollow Road that is directly west of Paradise and a bit farther south and west than the street coordinates that were originally given)

We’re really close, Herat. I have the original coordinates further north, closer to Mt. Sterling Rd., as you say. I can’t pin a map without an address...

"Logan City Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Whipple continues to be uncooperative with investigators. During their questioning he rambles and talks in circles, giving police very little to go off of.

This guy is some piece of work. It's going to be "all about him". Sick Sick Sick.

So because he's had such a horrible life he took it all out on a defenceless 5 year old child. What an Evil self serving .

Sorry...I've had enough of these disgusting degenerates. Absolutely sick of them.

MOO

This reminds me of Patrick Frazee who is alleged to have savagely murdered the mother of his child, Kelsey Berreth. He also allegedly used a bat

We’re really close, Herat. I have the original coordinates further north, closer to Mt. Sterling Rd., as you say. I can’t pin a map without an address...

Well, LE said it was "near Baxter's corral". I would take that two ways:

1. If you are LE and familiar with the valley, Baxter Hollow Road would be easy to pinpoint and if you had to drive up and down it to deal with partying kids, lawbreakers, whatever, the corral would be an easy waypoint.

2. They probably drove in to interceed him a bit farther north on the dirt road via the corral turnoff.

He was really risking it by walking on the paved roads there, and also walking across fields or on dirt roads, as there are number of farmhouse scattered around that would undoubtedly have had dogs. I'm surprised he didn't take a closer road up into the hills there, it appears there is cover and some ponds and likely sheds or buildings he could have hidden in for the night. I think they're very lucky he didn't

Last edited:
I wonder, if she happily walked along with him at night. She would have trusted her uncle, and may have thought they were going on an adventure.
Then 'missing'.MOO.

None of my girls at age 5 would have gone outside, in dark, cold, willingly, especially walking. Sure, to get in the car...but it would have been, "I need a drink, where is my baby kitty unicorn, where are my pink boots....I want my red coat...where are my Teddy Grahams? ". They never went anywhere quietly.

So, he would have had to get her out of bed asleep, and either taken her downstairs...

Is this area rural and do the homes there have water wells? Also, if he was nearby wooded areas I hope searchers are looking inside of dead/hollow trees.

JMO
Logan itself isn't rural, and the 3 or so miles surrounding the home. However, I believe going into Hyrum there are rural communities.
Edit: Maybe someone could link the general search area map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68