UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tried to. From the Probable Cause:

i informed the individual that he was not free to go and he attempted to leave the contact anyways but was stopped when I circled in front of him. After another deputy arrived the male was informed he was under arrest and instructed to place his hands behind his head. The male still refused to do so and a deputy attached to each arm. The male attempted to pull his arms away and walked backwards in an attempt to get away from deputies. The male was continued to be combative and was assisted to the ground and handcuffed
https://kslnewsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Whipple-PC.pdf

He tried to. From the Probable Cause:

i informed the individual that he was not free to go and he attempted to leave the contact anyways but was stopped when I circled in front of him. After another deputy arrived the male was informed he was under arrest and instructed to place his hands behind his head. The male still refused to do so and a deputy attached to each arm. The male attempted to pull his arms away and walked backwards in an attempt to get away from deputies. The male was continued to be combative and was assisted to the ground and handcuffed
https://kslnewsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Whipple-PC.pdf

Assisted to the ground—I love it!

So the dive team starts tomorrow?
The river area must have been popular this weekend, the first summer holiday weekend.

Not sure, the weather was kind of iffy with the storms? With the river running that high there may have been warnings as well to avoid the area. I'm sure there were some devoted people out there though.

He may have had both at one time that night.

Which is just weird. I know plenty of young men who carry a knife, I don't even find that odd. But the bat? I don't get that.

I also don't get why you would choose the bat over another weapon. Surely there was some type of knife in the house, if he felt he needed a weapon . Just nonsensical behavior in this case.

He said Whipple “came in here to buy beer. He bought three beers and a pack of smokes and then he left toward South Cache.” Taken from this interview:

Cache Valley man describes encounter with Alex Whipple, suspect in Logan girl's disappearance | Gephardt Daily

Another thing to note is this is Utah we are talking about. They don't generally have a large alcohol variety in their gas stations and grocery stores.

They do generally have tall boys in singles at the gas station. His beer options were likely quite limited, though it's possible being a college town there were more options.

Not sure, the weather was kind of iffy with the storms? With the river running that high there may have been warnings as well to avoid the area. I'm sure there were some devoted people out there though.

Which is just weird. I know plenty of young men who carry a knife, I don't even find that odd. But the bat? I don't get that.

I also don't get why you would choose the bat over another weapon. Surely there was some type of knife in the house, if he felt he needed a weapon . Just nonsensical behavior in this case.

Another thing to note is this is Utah we are talking about. They don't generally have a large alcohol variety in their gas stations and grocery stores.

They do generally have tall boys in singles at the gas station. His beer options were likely quite limited, though it's possible being a college town there were more options.

About the knife. If he had used one, and then disposed it, he might not have wanted to carry another one on him, thinking it might look incriminating. He had to know he was going to get stopped sat some point?

But the bat? I don't get that. Hard to see it as self defense even because he couldn't even get to it without taking off his jacket...:confused:

About the knife. If he had used one, and then disposed it, he might not have wanted to carry another one on him, thinking it might look incriminating. He had to know he was going to get stopped sat some point?

But the bat? I don't get that. Hard to see it as self defense even because he couldn't even get to it without taking off his jacket...:confused:

If he was worried about incriminating himself though, why wouldn't he get rid of anything incriminating? I mean he basically was like Hansel and Gretel just leaving a freaking trail leading to himself! It's so weird.

If he was worried about incriminating himself though, why wouldn't he get rid of anything incriminating? I mean he basically was like Hansel and Gretel just leaving a freaking trail leading to himself! It's so weird.

True. He spends the night and takes the baby with him. How freakin obvious can he get?

This poor, poor child. I’ve been reading along but not commented as everyone else here has said everything I’ve wanted to, before I’ve thought it out!
I do just want to say that Elizabeth and her family are in my thoughts. I cannot begin to imagine how her Mum is coping.
There is so much evil in this world. Sadly, sometimes it is hiding in plain sight.

Last edited:

If he was on probation it was probably part of the terms that he couldn’t possess a weapon. A baseball bat is arguably not a weapon, where a knife clearly would be.

It occurs to me that we are ascribing logic, planning and premeditation to a person who we also describe as having been drinking most of the evening, having an active drug history and having no home, income or stability.
I think LE is correct in looking at this as an impulsive, unplanned act that was covered up in a panicked, chaotic self-protective manner.
I think he has just been incredibly lucky in his disposal of her body so far.

7 hours ago:

Posters are all over Logan as investigators search for missing 5 year old Elizabeth Shelley, including several at the popular restaurant Angie’s and others on the back of cars. #Utah #FindElizabeth

884E157A-0A4A-4C7C-82E2-F23FEE9DB5A7.jpeg

Kelli Pierce on Twitter

People I heard at Angie’s tonight were pointing to the posters, speculating on what happened, and genuinely interested in bringing little Elizabeth back home & raising awareness in the community. #Utah #FindElizabeth

Kelli Pierce on Twitter

Hundreds attended a candlelight vigil in Logan tonight in honor of Elizabeth Shelley. Many people who didn’t know her or the family came out to show their support. #Utah #FindElizabeth

12DD1A17-218A-44AD-A38E-2FE73468252F.jpeg

Kelli Pierce on Twitter

I was bothered by the bat in his possession so much I took a little drive down to the Willow Park batting cages to look around. I was curious if he had it the whole time or if he could have picked it up along the way. We hit about 40 balls then the slow pitch machine stole $1 from us. They have metal bats of several sizes free to use and as long as the building is unlocked, a person could grab one. The metal bats are spray painted with blue on them to deter theft I suppose. The batting cages are also about 50 feet away from the train tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member