OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just in the area again yesterday, drove by the Hilton and ate nearby. There is SO much new construction just since he went missing. I can’t believe they still haven’t found any trace of him.

actually i just went through all posts in the first thread and still can't find ANY COMMENT AT ALL FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT , in fact, one of the first posts the msm article states they contacted columbus police and there was NO RESPONSE. Would love it if I am wrong and - it would NOT be the first time - but please if anyone can find any comment from LE about this case....link it. There is nothing....

Yes, I've never heard of this quote previously either. There was a comment from a family member in their FB group at one point that seems to indicate LE thought he was NO LONGER in the Easton area but I've seen nothing from LE directly like that.

Yes, I've never heard of this quote previously either. There was a comment from a family member in their FB group at one point that seems to indicate LE thought he was NO LONGER in the Easton area but I've seen nothing from LE directly like that.
If LE actually said that he was NO LONGER in the Easton area I wonder what they based that on. You must know something in order to make such a statement.

Does anyone think TD will be found in a body of water possibly?
I live in the Netherlands and a few years ago we had a horrible case. A father killed his two young sons and stuffed their bodies in a big underground tube connecting two ditches.

Something like that is what I lean towards in this case. There's a lot of big drainage pipes, manholes etc. In that Easton area. If he is in there somewhere he might surface after serious flooding or something. I do think it's foul play though.

So either somewhere hidden in the drainage, or transported away from the area. If he would be there above the ground, he would have been found by now.

this is interesting. On the map it looks like norfolk southern is right down sunbury rd from easton.

Just for reference: The shortest route from Hilton Columbus at Easton and the Norfolk Southern Railway property at 1085 Joyce Ave according to Google Maps:

By car: 14 min., 8 driving miles;
8F366E69-8E78-4978-841F-CB4BFAE7D6CF.jpeg
Google Maps

On foot: 2 hr. 10 min., 6.6 miles;
5F38B534-EF4A-4344-8473-0C41C273B6C2.jpeg
Google Maps

Distance as the crow flies: approx. 4.8 mi.
8C4BA781-A0F3-4D3B-A183-32F2834B814B.jpeg

Apparently, the body was found on Norfolk Southern surplus property:
“Up to 50 acres available for sale or lease. Zoned ‘M’ in the City of Columbus.” (Last Updated: 5/1/2019)
1085 Joyce Ave, Columbus, OH, 43219 - Commercial Property For Lease on LoopNet.com

If LE actually said that he was NO LONGER in the Easton area I wonder what they based that on. You must know something in order to make such a statement.
This is a strange case, I read he called her once more after he told her he was walking through woods and could see the hotel, but he didn’t say anything, just about 4 seconds of silence then the call disconnected. Or did she call him and the phone picked up? I just had the article earlier and now can’t find it.

Did they track his phone outside of Easton? I don’t think I’ve read anything about that.

I also find it odd that this friends name is being kept a mystery.

This is a strange case, I read he called her once more after he told her he was walking through woods and could see the hotel, but he didn’t say anything, just about 4 seconds of silence then the call disconnected. Or did she call him and the phone picked up? I just had the article earlier and now can’t find it.

Did they track his phone outside of Easton? I don’t think I’ve read anything about that.

I find it very strange that the friend is being kept a mystery and the wife is so defensive and makes such an effort to make sure the friend is not suspected. Law enforcement has not commented publicly on this case AT ALL. Much less to make a statement that ANYONE has been cleared. In the end all we really know is that the Uber driver says he dropped the three of them at the HIlton around 3:30ish. NO CCTV or camera footage of Tyler? This is all strange.

I swear I edited this post earlier ... Oh well, I'm sure everyone here already knew this but me, lol. But, just in case:
ETA: He is the one who called the second time and didn't say anything then the call disconnected.
Update: Dateline picks up case of missing Easton man

TXX , you're keeping a better eye on news about this than I am, and I live here! :)

Maybe this news got blown aside with the tornado news we've had? (sorry) .

The area the body is in is South Linden, which is probably the worst part of the greater Columbus area for violence. But it's still plausible that it's him. I'll be keeping an eye on the news for an identification of the deceased.

Ok.....I'll bite...which facebook group? I am a member of Brittany's and have not seen his name mentioned.
I could be wrong, but I think the name was not so much all over Facebook, but was all over the original thread on this case, which the admins locked down because of the TOS violations, including naming the friend.

From The Columbus Dispatch:

Posted May 27, 2019 at 11:19 PM [EDT]
Updated May 27, 2019 at 11:21 PM [EDT]
“Human remains found in abandoned structure on North Side”
“[SBM]

Railroad personnel discovered the bones Monday afternoon near where the tracks intersect with Joyce Avenue just north of 5th Avenue.

The Columbus police homicide unit said it had no leads on identifying the remains or determining why they were in the small structure.

‘Whenever there's remains found, the coroner has to process them and make their determination’ about cause of death, Sgt. James Jardine said late Monday night. ‘We've got nothing.’

No other details were provided.“ (BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/news/20190527/human-remains-found-in-abandoned-structure-on-north-side?template=ampart

From The Columbus Dispatch:

Posted May 27, 2019 at 11:19 PM [EDT]
Updated May 27, 2019 at 11:21 PM [EDT]
“Human remains found in abandoned structure on North Side”
“[SBM]

Railroad personnel discovered the bones Monday afternoon near where the tracks intersect with Joyce Avenue just north of 5th Avenue.

The Columbus police homicide unit said it had no leads on identifying the remains or determining why they were in the small structure.

‘Whenever there's remains found, the coroner has to process them and make their determination’ about cause of death, Sgt. James Jardine said late Monday night. ‘We've got nothing.’

No other details were provided.“ (BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatch.com/news/20190527/human-remains-found-in-abandoned-structure-on-north-side?template=ampart

UID Thread for the remains: OH - OH - Franklin Co, Skeletal Remains in Structure near Railroad Tracks, May 2019

Interesting. Makes it sound like they simply went for a stroll. Smh

" In the early morning hours, Davis told ABC6 that her husband and a friend who joined them for the evening went for a walk. The friend came back, her husband never did."

( From the abc link posted a few above. iPad is giving me a hard time.)

Interesting. Makes it sound like they simply went for a stroll. Smh

" In the early morning hours, Davis told ABC6 that her husband and a friend who joined them for the evening went for a walk. The friend came back, her husband never did."

( From the abc link posted a few above. iPad is giving me a hard time.)

Two friends go for a stroll in the wee hours of the morn. Only one of them returns, the other has mysteriously disappeared. His name is Tyler Davis.

Strangely enough, the one who returned alone has no explanation for what happened to his ‘friend’.
Even stranger, the one who returned has no name. Does that sound right to anyone? Jmo
Your not alone, I’m smh with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member