UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our justice system has it wrong, Alexander Whipple should be charged with Capital murder, rape of a child. And the burden of proof that he did NOT commit those acts should be on him. He would have to bring forth the evidence that he did not murder a child or rape a child.

It would be easy, where is Elizabeth? Prove you didn't do these things..

Justice system in the world according to Mickey!
He will be soon. In the meantime they hold him in jail on his previous violations.. They want to gather as much evidence as they can to have a rock solid case. IMO

I’m having trouble getting oriented on that video.

What street is he walking on ?

What street is the black pickup stopped on ? That yellow gate is throwing me off

More and more, criminals are manipulating the criminal justice system. This case is similar to Maleah in Texas, no body, no confession, the state has to prove everything, when the criminal has destroyed crucial evidence.

In some situations, where the criminal is non cooperative with LEO, the system should be able to make the highest charges, and burden of proof on criminal that those charges are incorrect.

Our system of justice no longer is effective in so many cases like this.
It’s not perfect, but it’s necessary to do it this way in order to protect the innocent.

I completely understand your frustration, and I think it’s safe to say that we all share it.

None of us want to see someone escape justice, or go on to victimize others.

The stakes are too high to change the rules though.

This guy is going to pay here, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

Those are both regular trash and recyclable trash barrels at the roadside in those pictures. Do they have pick up on Saturday mornings in Logan? Not that I am suggesting that she is in one of those two barrels but were there a lot more out on the curb up and down that road?
They have Tuesday p/u in some areas of Logan. 84321 area code.

It’s not perfect, but it’s necessary to do it this way in order to protect the innocent.

I completely understand your frustration, and I think it’s safe to say that we all share it.

And even on WS, this is real life, not CSI. We don’t find the definitive evidence in an hour and have the case completely sewn up before the credits roll.

This is grueling hard work for everyone associated with LE in this case. Logan PD has a huge amount of support from very experienced investigators. We should be very much assured by that, and that they will do everything with an eye towards preserving evidence for an impeachabler conviction.

I think our justice system has it wrong, Alexander Whipple should be charged with Capital murder, rape of a child. And the burden of proof that he did NOT commit those acts should be on him. He would have to bring forth the evidence that he did not murder a child or rape a child.

It would be easy, where is Elizabeth? Prove you didn't do these things..

Justice system in the world according to Mickey!

OMG, don't wish for this. Don't forget that our justice system is a series of government agencies whose goals are to catch unlawful criminals. The only power and protection you have is that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and that you have a right to silence. Never give that up! Without this protection, we will not have a justice system.

Fear not, Whipple will come to justice.

I have always heard that it is better that a guilty man go free, than an innocent man be imprisoned.

He stopped showing up for work about 4 months ago

It will be interesting to learn how AW failed himself and his family-- especially his sister, as more comes to light.

Reportedly, AW has a rap sheet of petty crimes and drug possession. He was convicted of a felony 2 years ago and sentenced to prison but the Courts deemed him worthy of probation for 5 years instead of prison.

It appears he was compliant up until recently when he stopped appearing for probation, and work. And now at age 21, he's a suspect in the abduction and possible murder of his 5 year old niece. :eek:

Glad he's off the street.

MOO

ETA: And the only person to speak for AW thus far is the child's father who is struggling to believe AW capable of this.

Last edited:
It is eerie and similar (somewhat) to the past Utah "Destiny Norton" case, I have a bad feeling that this innocent Angel is much closer to home than they realize.
Everyone here is Utah has just been rocked by this situation, yet again.
I hate that they are not finding her.

I have always heard that it is better that a guilty man go free, than an innocent man be imprisoned.

Well, yes—but in practical language it translates to—being willing to let several innocent people be tortured and murdered, rather than not giving a guilty person his full rights under the law.

But, the uncle seems to be getting his rights—right to remain silent, a state-provided lawyer.

It is eerie and similar (somewhat) to the past Utah "Destiny Norton" case, I have a bad feeling that this innocent Angel is much closer to home than they realize.
This!!! This brings back the same DN feelings :(

Oh I think she’s probably within a short distance of her home. The simple logistics of what transpired almost certainly points to her being close by

State asks for no bail based on some of the charges, and he’s the primary suspect in a missing child case. Judge Kevin Allen says no bail. But there will be an extended bail hearing next Monday. @KUTV2News

This makes me wonder what the matching DNA is, now, which links the two. If it were bodily fluids which indicated she’d been molested and/or injured, they’d at least be able to charge him with that, right?

Wouldn’t the attorney know that? Why bother asking for release if the police could, in turn, just file those charges in response and keep him around longer?

This makes me wonder what the matching DNA is, now, which links the two. If it were bodily fluids which indicated she’d been molested and/or injured, they’d at least be able to charge him with that, right?

Wouldn’t the attorney know that? Why bother asking for release if the police could, in turn, just file those charges in response and keep him around longer?
I think he was probably just going through the motions.

He knew the judge would deny it, but it was his duty to his client to try.

I’m confident they have enough evidence to charge him with related crimes, but it’s better for them to get all their ducks in a row.

They’re probably waiting on some lab results right now.

He’s not going anywhere.

Thanks. Are they closed on Saturdays? Does it have a locked gate / fence? I wonder how familiar he is with the property and would he know where to hide evidence?
My husband worked at JBS. It's a fortress. Has a security guard at the west entrance. Most employees parked and entered on the south side. Cattle were delivered on the north side and is fenced. There was a huge field on the west side. There are also other buildings. There is another parking lot to the west across street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog