UT UT- STILL MISSING 5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley , Logan, 25 May 2019 (UNCLE ARRESTED) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did mom refuse to allow a search without a warrant I wonder? Surely not. Just odd wording, right? Right?
In a murder case search warrant are always obtained, even when consent is given.
ETA... Consent can be withdrawn at any time. The warrant ensures the police have probable cause to believe a crime was committed before they go searching through your Castle, and can't be revoked by the homeowner.

Last edited:
Did mom refuse to allow a search without a warrant I wonder? Surely not. Just odd wording, right? Right?

I don't believe so.

I recall they searched. and later came back with mobile crime lab and search warrant to collect forensic evidence -- testing on site if you will.

This was a holiday weekend, and also involved several agencies. LE started telling us almost immediately they had evidence to link AW to Lizzy, and that she was injured.

MOO

LOGAN — Shortly after Logan police launched the search for 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley on Saturday, they said they found evidence near her residence that linked Alex Whipple, the girl's uncle, to the missing child.

"These items have been forensically tested and they do link Mr. Whipple to our missing child, Elizabeth. They also have evidence that links them to the residence that they were in," Logan Police Capt. Tyson Budge said Monday.

Logan Police Department
Logan Police poster
"(It) also links them together outside the home. We have several of these scenes that we have located that have evidentiary items in that we have now tested and have evidence that they were together."
Evidence ties uncle to missing 5-year-old Utah girl, police say
This goes on to state Search WarrantS (plural) were served on the home.

Volunteer searchers can contaminate a crime scene. They most likely do not know what to look for and walk right past a body. They can be injured and LE would be liable, and their rescue would take resources away from the search. And people foolishly bring their children with. And lets be honest. Does the average person want to stumble upon a days old corpse of a little girl who may have suffered a traumatic injury? The list goes on. People mean well. The best a citizen can do is search their own properties, keep their eyes and ears open, and notify LE of any info they have.

I agree. Contamination of a crime scene can destroy vital evidence and remove the scent trails vital for the search and cadaver dogs. What is the point of loads of untrained people tramping over a site that if clear might lead dogs and LE to a live person or body? Its simply not about satisfying the needs of the public and their desire to be involved but enabling an effective investigation. Sometimes we have to understand that planned and painstaking expert planning and execution and evidence gathering is more important than surging groups of people going in every direction. Its very rare, IMHO that a public search finds the answers. Detection does.

And for course poor little Shaniya Davis.

But it seems fairly clear that didn't happen here. One known suspect who stole his own niece, likely sexually assaulted her and then brutally killed her.

A real sicko.

Sorry missed that. If anyone could bump up a link, I’d appreciate. Maybe one day when I retire I can keep up w every post!

No chance. I am retired and can’t keep up either. It is almost 1.30 a.m. in Germany. I have to go to bed now and pray that this innocent little girl will be found soon or this perp will finally talk. Frist thing I am going to check when I get up in the morning.

It sounds like the window we are looking at is 2:00 AM to 6:46 AM? The video of him only blocks from the home with no Lizzi. Wherever he left her would seem to be close by the house, but LE seems to have done a through search and found nothing. It's insane that someone can commit a heinous crime and sit silently in jail. I'll never understand how their conscious allows them a moment of peace.

I don't believe so.

I recall they searched. and later came back with mobile crime lab and search warrant to collect forensic evidence -- testing on site if you will.

This was a holiday weekend, and also involved several agencies. LE started telling us almost immediately they had evidence to link AW to Lizzy, and that she was injured.

MOO

I personally am very surprised they had results from DNA tests as quickly as they claimed to. It was such a short time that they said they had evidence linking them, so I can’t imagine DNA tests were conducted that quickly. Don’t they send those out to the state crime lab?

They may have come back with the mobile crime lab but that doesn’t mean the mom didn’t initially deny entry. Hopefully we get some clarification. I hope she didn’t deny entry; that’s would be really weird.

Here is a video of AW walking past a business around 6:30 am Saturday morning. Notice how wet the bottoms of his pants are. Also appears very cold, as if he had been outside for some time. This is a public video from a business owner being shared by the police, and also by the business owner below.
Joe Egbert

I can't notice that at all. Not one bit. It's fuzzy, unclear video without a lot of pixels. But whoever posted it wrote that it appears his pants are wet.

Not to me. No way could I tell.

It sounds like the window we are looking at is 2:00 AM to 6:46? The video of him only blocks from the home with no Lizzi. Wherever he left her would seem to be close by the house, but LE seems to have done a through search and found nothing. It's insane that someone can commit a heinous crime and sit silently in jail. I'll never understand how their conscious allows them a moment of peace.
It took a lack of conscience to commit this crime in the first place.

Sitting in jail and saying nothing, is simply par for the course. Sick as that is.

I agree. Contamination of a crime scene can destroy vital evidence and remove the scent trails vital for the search and cadaver dogs. What is the point of loads of untrained people tramping over a site that if clear might lead dogs and LE to a live person or body? Its simply not about satisfying the needs of the public and their desire to be involved but enabling an effective investigation. Sometimes we have to understand that planned and painstaking expert planning and execution and evidence gathering is more important than surging groups of people going in every direction. Its very rare, IMHO that a public search finds the answers. Detection does.

Yes, I agree. People should check their own property, property of elderly neighbors or relatives.

It reminds me of the overwhelming amount of people searching for Elizabeth Smart in SLC, I wonder if critical clues were missed or destroyed by too many untrained searchers.

It sounds like the window we are looking at is 2:00 AM to 6:46? The video of him only blocks from the home with no Lizzi. Wherever he left her would seem to be close by the house, but LE seems to have done a through search and found nothing. It's insane that someone can commit a heinous crime and sit silently in jail. I'll never understand how their conscious allows them a moment of peace.

Maybe he traded the kid for drugs or sold her into trafficking. Someone could have driven up and met him for the handoff. This has been my theory since Sunday. We don’t know what sort of evidence they have to show that she was injured, do we? I haven’t had a chance to read back very far today.

I personally am very surprised they had results from DNA tests as quickly as they claimed to. It was such a short time that they said they had evidence linking them, so I can’t imagine DNA tests were conducted that quickly. Don’t they send those out to the state crime lab?

They may have come back with the mobile crime lab but that doesn’t mean the mom didn’t initially deny entry. Hopefully we get some clarification. I hope she didn’t deny entry; that’s would be really weird.
Did anyone else listen to the podcast. I know I am suffering from lack of sleep and I am overworked but I will listen again. Also, NG doesn't always have her facts correct. Moo

There’s so many missing pieces here.
W/o knowing the time Unc’ left the house, LE really do t know which direction to go. I find it interesting no photos are available of him with the child.
Unc’ reminds me of someone that spent a lot of time in the parks doing nothing (but drugs) & in his leisure found many interesting nooks & crannies.

I think our justice system has it wrong, Alexander Whipple should be charged with Capital murder, rape of a child. And the burden of proof that he did NOT commit those acts should be on him. He would have to bring forth the evidence that he did not murder a child or rape a child.

It would be easy, where is Elizabeth? Prove you didn't do these things..

Justice system in the world according to Mickey!

Whoa. You cool with being suspected of something you didn't do and having the burden be on you to somehow prove a negative? I'm sure this guy is guilty, but not everyone charged with a crime is. Let's not throw out all common sense and reason, not to mention the foundation of our justice system, in our haste to get answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa