Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Logan police search for missing 5-year-old girl

Logan City Police Department
2 hours ago
UPDATED

We are looking for a missing 5 yo white female who was last seen at 2 a.m. and discovered missing at 10AM this morning on the west side of Logan.

It is unknown what type of shirt she was wearing, but is believed at this point she was wearing either blue jeans or a teal colored plaid skirt. She is 3'6" with shoulder length curly brown hair with choppy bangs and brown eyes.

Juvenile may be with her 21 uncle, Alex Whipple, who is described as a white male who is 6’01” 180 lbs with black hair, brown eyes and was wearing a dark colored suit, white shirt with a blue tie.

If you see either of them please contact Logan City Police Department at 435-753-7555. Thank you for your assistance.

60965109_2479648938747204_1964468765030612992_o.jpg

61286790_2479708735407891_2554953904110436352_n.jpg

Sleuthing and discussing the social media of family and friends is not allowed.

As per The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc ... you may link to and discuss social media of a victim and a POI/suspect.

At this time it is pretty evident that the uncle is at the very least a POI, so his social media may be sleuthed (as y'all have been doing ;)) and discussed. Just do not mention posts by his friends, their names, or sleuth their social media and post about it here.

The Rules are linked in my signature. They have not changed for this case.

Live Streaming
From the PC:
Officers located evidentiary items.
Those items have been forensically tested.
The results of testing on these items show they are linked to both the missing child and the uncle, both inside and outside the home.

Asking the public if they saw AW on Friday evening or Saturday, with or without ES, to contact LE.

Also asking the public to check yards, buildings, outhouses, containers, garbage cans.
(Did I hear that right? Do people actually still have outhouses?!)

LE has evidence that AW was involved in ES' disappearance.
"We're putting together a case."

Will provide another update at 3 pm.

'Officers located several items of interest a short distance from the home. This item has been tested and there is forensic evidence of 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley,' the update reads.

Police did not elaborate on what that particular item is, but they did say that the piece of evidence connects Whipple to the child and her residence.

'Some items were then located another short distance away which also shows a forensic connection to our missing 5-year-old,' the statement continued.

Authorities also said that they have 'over 200 law enforcement officers from a dozen agencies including local, State and Federal officers' searching for Elizabeth.
Father of missing Utah girl, 5, doesn't think her uncle would hurt her | Daily Mail Online

I think, what puzzles me the most, is how did this escalate as it apparently did? I for one, don't think he had a huge history with Lizzy. MOO. I think his staying there for the night was impromptu and unfortunate. (Based on rumor and unvalidated testimony, but I've seen nothing to contradict). If he's truly the monster that grabs his sister's child on a whim, then I give up on humanity. I just do.

I am so baffled and frustrated that they cannot find her!! As Jim Clemente says, they need to search every single child sized container. She has to be somewhere, and it kills me knowing she has been so cruely hid. With all the agencies and experts working this, what are the most likely reasons that would explain why she has still not been located?

This facts of this case lend to the idea that she would be easily and quickly found.

I just want to make a comment about all this advancement in finding DNA from sexual assault victims that appears to have been around for sometime now, and obviously gone unused. There was a post explaining the advanced techniques available to LE. in the last thread. As a woman, mother to three daughters, grandmother to grand daughters I am so very disappointed that female victims first of all have to endure these assaults and that we are not valuable enough in society to have these latest scientific methods used on each and every case. As women we must demand a higher standard to bring these criminals to justice. Moo

I am so baffled and frustrated that they cannot find her!! As Jim Clemente says, they need to search every single child sized container. She has to be somewhere, and it kills me knowing she has been so cruely hid. With all the agencies and experts working this, what are the most likely reasons that would explain why she has still not been located?

This facts of this case lend to the idea that she would be easily and quickly found.

It’s odd, but this guy sure covered a lot of ground that day.

Logic says she is close to the house, but “close” is relative.

There’s water, brush, the possibility that he buried her, and countless other potential complications.

I’m sure that no one is as frustrated as the family and law enforcement here.

If you would have told me that she wouldn’t have been found by now, I would have said “no way.”

The fact that his precise movements aren’t known (no cell phone on him), certainly hasn’t helped things.

The fact that he’s clammed up, hasn’t helped either.

So to answer your question, I’m not exactly sure. They will find her though, and hopefully it’s soon. Each day that passes, is one day closer to her recovery.

I think the evidence found that links them outside the house is possibly a knife with either his fingerprints/blood on it, and a lot of her blood. If no blood inside the house, this would be why they say they are linked outside the house and why they believe she is hurt. Her clothing may also be blood stained. They could maybe deduce from the amount of blood that a small child would probably be deceased :( and hence the quickness to suggest a recovery.

Just because they haven't found her doesn't mean he didn't do it. There are several places he could have simply gotten lucky at placing her.

A lot of times these sociopaths just end up getting lucky. They aren't geniuses, or masterminds... they just get lucky. Look at how close Polly Klaas came to being saved... or Jessica Lunsford... :(

In the area he could likely access there are SO many places he could have put her, such as:

Unlocked, abandoned cars.
Unlocked car in the shade with an owner that doesn't use the trunk much.
Boat, motor home, trailer of any kind, other recreational vehicles.
Any of these scenarios I would expect to smell something in the next few days. It will be in the 70's and if a car is parked and closed.... :mad:

There are A LOT of detached sheds, garages, dog houses, etc in this area. Skirted porches, decks, etc. I have seen pictures of detectives looking in those places, looking in places I wouldn't think Lizzy would fit even. (Obviously they are also looking for evidence as well.)

Then you have the barns, greenhouses, mulch piles, hay stacks, fields, canals, ditches, culverts, drains, river, other bodies of water...

There is SO much area to search. It's overwhelming.

We established trains rarely go through the area.
Was there ANY that went through between 2am and 2pm that day? Even ONE single train?
We've seen the abandoned boxcar... what if he tossed her onto a train that then left?

I have no idea how closely they check trains or any of that. I have no idea if a body could go unnoticed. I would think so. If you simply haul a car and then drop it at another location and it sits there for a few weeks... who would notice it?

It would certainly get distance between you and your victim though. Just wondering if it's even feasible. I know it's unlikely, but is it POSSIBLE?

Then there are the wells. Might there be one in the neighborhood that isn't well known? I have one in my backyard but I don't think anyone outside my family knows about it.

There are going to be places that not a lot of people are aware of. I am hoping that all garbage service was immediately halted when she was reported missing, so I'm hoping that is not an issue. But, even if it was you have to search every can and dumpster along the route.

It's an enormous task. Very time consuming. Very labor intensive. Very much something that could be over with at any time if Alex would simply talk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member