Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's reasonable to believe, with the timeline, that he left with this child in the early morning hours. The ground was probably damp/dewy. Was he going through waist high grass? Did he go waist deep in water? Grim picture.

The thing is though was he wet from waist down? I barely even see the wetness from knees down some talk about, now it is supposedly from waist down?

Which is true? If it is waist down, I personally, as you say thinking waist deep in water, would go back to searching rivers, lakes, ponds, etc., not that he could not have gotten wet after hiding her body...

There is no consistency in reporting anymore I swear.

What jumps out at me is this:

Lizzy was not with him, and witnesses say he appeared to be wet from the waist down.

What next, he was in full scuba gear?

Sounds like the reporter is exaggerating a bit. The business owner said it looked like he was wet from the knees down. I saw the video, he’s not wet from the waste down, just lower part of his legs.

@MsBetsy many of his posts sound painful, like he was crying out for help. Moo

Absolutely not excusing this animal, only making a point.
Had my child posted the same posts, I would have gotten help immediately. Jmo
I don’t want to derail the thread, so this will be my only post on this topic. Not directed at you Trudie, your post just sparked my thoughts.

Mental healthcare in the US is severely lacking any type of proactive, preventative care. We basically have to wait for some life altering or criminal event to react, and by then lives have been destroyed. Until a person ‘does something’ there’s very little a concerned parent can do, and almost nothing the parent of an adult child can do. By what I saw on Alex’s FB, nothing there would raise huge red flags before Lizzy went missing. No way to force him into therapy or on medication or even to face his problems. He seems like he’s been a depressed kid for years, probably left untreated so he self-medicated with alcohol, pot and maybe other drugs. He appears angry, likely about something in childhood that he had no control over, perhaps his parents had relationship issues or he didn’t have the most stable, loving home growing up or he had a learning difficulty that wasn’t treated or he was abused. Thousands of young adults just like him are all over the country. Most don’t commit such a heinous acts but most do go untreated and waste their lives away.

This is only my point of view as a parent with a child who struggles with depression and ADHD and other issues and has been under psychiatric and psychological care for years. She was lucky to have an extremely caring psychiatrist who spent hours sharing his experiences with me. This is a path of least resistance that many untreated adolescents take. I’m terrified as she ages that I have less and less control over her participation in therapy and taking medication. The day she turns 18 she will be a mentally ill adult who gets to make all decisions regarding her treatment and that is terrifying.

I make absolutely ZERO excuse for Alex’s behavior. His past does not excuse him. I’m only interested in looking back to the point where he went from depressed kid to alleged murderer so as a society we can reach these people before another little kid ends up missing and dead. I think we can all agree that preventing these crimes is our goal.

MOO

Just my psychobabble thoughts for the night. o_O

You know those killers who ENJOY talking about their crime?
Who RELISH the attention that they get?
Who like the pain that they cause?
The fact that only THEY have the knowledge that so many people want?

They basically say "Yeah, she's dead but you'll never find her."

That is what Alex reminds me of.
That is how I see Alex behaving in an interrogation.
It is a GAME to them. A mind game, where they get to be in control.

Just sending them on a total wild goose chase for a while.
Then they call him out and tell him they know he's lying about everything.
At that point he will basically taunt them by admitting she's dead but not telling them anything else.

Refusing to lead them to her body.
Refusing to allow the family closure.
Refusing to explain what happened to her.
The more sophisticated ones scam some money out of the deal.

I don't even think it's a self preservation thing at this point. I think he knows they are going to charge him either way.

I think he's just enjoying making everyone suffer. But, they can't suffer if they still have hope she's coming home right?

So he's got to tell them she's dead but then not give them her body for the closure they need. Take away both the hope and the closure. Evil.

Just like in Natalee Holloway's case. Also in some serial killer cases, though I am blanking on names right now. But Natalee Holloway is a great example, Alex totally reminds me of JVDS.

Those who followed that closely will see the personality parallels now that I've mentioned it. When you look at it from that perspective, figuring out what Alex might be thinking is a bit easier.

Alex wants to have the upper hand. When it benefits HIM he will reveal where she is. If it doesn't benefit him he will stay quiet. :rolleyes:

**My husbands uncle is known in Greater Vancouver of BC Canada as the Abbotsford Killer, google him if you haven't he is this psychopath you are speaking of. Taunting the police and city for so long and getting satisfaction from it.**

The thing is though was he wet from waist down? I barely even see the wetness from knees down some talk about, now it is supposedly from waist down?

Which is true? If it is waist down, I personally, as you say thinking waist deep in water, would go back to searching rivers, lakes, ponds, etc., not that he could not have gotten wet after hiding her body...

There is no consistency in reporting anymore I swear.

IMO It looks to me like calf down

No offense to the searchers but these photos aren’t impressive at all, and certainly do not indicate a thorough search. These photos show them mostly standing around and some show them peering in to places. Get on your hands and knees and climb in drains and culverts.

I know this is just one set of photos but it seems like everyone is neat and tidy looking in these photos. I was dirtier after looking for my missing dog because I knew she was scared and hiding. This little girl, if she is alive, is probably scared to death, injured and is possibly hiding intentionally or is physically unable to move herself. They need to be doing more than just cursory looks in places for her.
I could like this over and over. I’ve seen adults get downright filthy looking for an Easter egg with a $50 gift card in it.
Maybe the searchers been instructed to keep a distance?
Again I’m not trying to beat anyone up. May be a mute point either way.
I just want this little girl found and this monster punished.

I don’t want to derail the thread, so this will be my only post on this topic. Not directed at you Trudie, your post just sparked my thoughts.

Mental healthcare in the US is severely lacking any type of proactive, preventative care. We basically have to wait for some life altering or criminal event to react, and by then lives have been destroyed. Until a person ‘does something’ there’s very little a concerned parent can do, and almost nothing the parent of an adult child can do. By what I saw on Alex’s FB, nothing there would raise huge red flags before Lizzy went missing. No way to force him into therapy or on medication or even to face his problems. He seems like he’s been a depressed kid for years, probably left untreated so he self-medicated with alcohol, pot and maybe other drugs. He appears angry, likely about something in childhood that he had no control over, perhaps his parents had relationship issues or he didn’t have the most stable, loving home growing up or he had a learning difficulty that wasn’t treated or he was abused. Thousands of young adults just like him are all over the country. Most don’t commit such a heinous acts but most do go untreated and waste their lives away.

This is only my point of view as a parent with a child who struggles with depression and ADHD and other issues and has been under psychiatric and psychological care for years. She was lucky to have an extremely caring psychiatrist who spent hours sharing his experiences with me. This is a path of least resistance that many untreated adolescents take. I’m terrified as she ages that I have less and less control over her participation in therapy and taking medication. The day she turns 18 she will be a mentally ill adult who gets to make all decisions regarding her treatment and that is terrifying.

I make absolutely ZERO excuse for Alex’s behavior. His past does not excuse him. I’m only interested in looking back to the point where he went from depressed kid to alleged murderer so as a society we can reach these people before another little kid ends up missing and dead. I think we can all agree that preventing these crimes is our goal.

MOO

An exceptional post and very true.

Just a question and a thought...does everyone believe she is deceased? Not that maybe Alex traded or sold her to traffickers for drugs or money?
Based on the many cases I have followed, unfortunately I do believe this. I don't think there is a cabin/barn he planned to keep her in - I think he was trying to walk away from it..JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow