Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it interesting that when he drinks alcohol he claims he has "black outs" and does bad things. Yet, he could instruct his attorney how to go directly to Lizzy's body... so well hidden that she was missed during an earlier LE search. Apparently he suffers from very selective black out episodes.

Reminds me of Mollie Tibbetts, where the Creep ALSO blacked out, and couldn't remember: selective memory at its best.o_Oo_Oo_O
MOO.

I'm not a lawyer or psychiatrist but I'm pretty sure he can't plead insanity because of all his efforts to cover up his crime. By definition, a person is legally insane if criminal conduct was a result of severe mental disease or defect, so that the person did not know that his conduct was wrong.

If I remember correctly from my criminal law class, the rule you described is the common law/majority approach to the insanity defense. But the minority of jurisdictions use alternative rules that can be somewhat less onerous.

The applicable rule is actually a moot point in Utah because it's one of only a handful of states without an insanity defense. Defendants can enter a “guilty but mentally ill” plea, but acquittal on the basis of mental illness is not an option. However, this is a live legal issue at the federal level because the Supreme Court recently decided to hear a case on whether the U.S. Constitution prevents states like Utah from taking the insanity defense off the table altogether.

If I remember correctly from my criminal law class, the rule you described is the common law/majority approach to the insanity defense. But the minority of jurisdictions use alternative rules that can be somewhat less onerous.

The applicable rule is actually a moot point in Utah because it's one of only a handful of states without an insanity defense. Defendants can enter a “guilty but mentally ill” plea, but acquittal on the basis of mental illness is not an option. However, this is a live legal issue at the federal level because the Supreme Court recently decided to hear a case on whether the U.S. Constitution prevents states like Utah from taking the insanity defense off the table altogether.

Welcome Roe, with your first post.:):):)
Thanks about info on 'insanity defence'.
Licking his fingers for all to see.
Pleased LE handcuffed him, as I think, did not want to watch this display.
MOO.

In light of today's revelations, I am inclined to think he was giving HUGE clues in those charging documents: he was invited over, they all drank, J and bf started acting frisky. AW maybe was aroused by the scene and felt some type of way that he had no means of, well, you know. They go to bed, he hears it, he gets more and more pouty about it. So in anger snatches ES from bed and assaults/murders her. Based on my observation, he is trying to distance himself ftom actual guilt by bringing up his sister and bf.
Huge clues to who? And why?

I don't believe you are able to share anything that isn't stated in MSM as you are not verified and
anything shared is considered rumor. Please check with a mod so the thread doesn't get shut down. Thanks. MOO
I think she can post local perspective, as that is allowed for locals all the time.

This case reminds me of poor little Isabella Grogan-Canella. She was found not far from her home as well and her perpetrator wasn’t related but was high and on foot when he left with her.

Rest In Peace Lizzy.
Yes - I remember that case. Very similar. :(

This topic always reminds me of James Holmes (Aurora Theater shooter) where all parties agreed he was insane -- but not "criminally insane."

And welcome to WS Roe19! :)

Someone asked upthread the post counseling LE receives after finding the body of a child (or anyone for that matter) so you have information regarding this ? I know some LE fairly close and it may carry by city/county but I know it’s offered - thanks for your insight

Now that I'm caught up, I wanted to add a little bit about this. This is Critical Incident Stress Management. Responders are often offered a Critical Incident Stress Debriefing after highly emotional missions, particularly gruesome finds, etc. Self care is important. All of you who were white-knuckling it along with me all weekend, and when the charges were announced, and when it was clear that the find was made, make sure YOU have someone to talk to, some healthy way to process this, someone to hug. If you don't have somebody, find somebody. I'd love it if a critical incident stress management expert would chime in here. I'm just a responder who has experienced that need.

He def’ wants to stifle any premeditation talk. Lol
An attys has no idea what AW was thinking when he went to the home.

Who cares what AW was thinking when he went to his sister's home? Of course, no premeditation.

What was he thinking when he took this little five-year-old child from her home into the dark night, also taking a knife from the mother's knife block?

Certainly not premeditated then, was it, lawyer-guy?

BS!

Tweakers use stimulants, not opiates, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Photographs of a person's face are not a valid indicator of heroin addiction. Can you explain what you mean by "His face is heroin."?
What Does Heroin Do to You?

From Balt and I see similar faces as his. Gaunt. Cheekbones sharp. His booking photo is different than the photo on page 1 (post #2) where he's healthier looking. JMO. Could be Meth. But I'd bet the farm he'd test positive for some type of drug.

Last edited:
Yes he can still plead not guilty.

His lawyer sounds like they may be considering an insanity defense. But considering he had to go to the kitchen to get the knife, that shows intention to do harm to her, not a spur of the moment panic kind of thing. I'm sure he has problems, but insanity is likely not one of them.

Rest in peace, little one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member