Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing girl's body recovered just 1/2 block from her home

'Empty life'

Bill Whipple said even though the family knew Alex Whipple had problems, his alleged act of violence has left them dumbfounded.

He said his grandson's mother abandoned him at age 5 and disappeared for a number of years. She then reappeared and took him to live in another county.

"All I can tell you is he had an empty life. He had an empty home, an empty life. He was in and out of foster homes, he would run away from them, he wouldn’t stay in them at all. He was always on the run. And these are the things that, after a while, start to wear on you," Bill Whipple said.

He said the family repeatedly offered him help and urged him to go to therapy but he declined. Though Alex Whipple had a difficult life, his grandfather said that in no way justifies his alleged actions.

Bill Whipple said Lizzy's mother had a good relationship with her brother, Alex, and had helped him. She had "no clue" her brother could do such a thing, he said, adding that Jessica Whipple had done everything she could to protect her kids, and did everything she could to survive.

"Lizzy was her whole life," he said.

bbm
Certainly we see a parent or parents who abuse and murder their babies or children -- we see a lot of this. But we also see, so very often, that a boyfriend or new husband (and yes, we see it more often with men, or that's what I've seen, anyway) who turns out to be the killer or rapist/killer of a child or baby in the house. Please excuse the sexism that is apparent here, but it's what I've seen.

It seems to be that the mother either needs "a man around the house," or needs someone who can help pay the rent. But -- the baby cries too much or too loudly; she wouldn't go to sleep; he wet his pants, etc. The child is abused/sexually abused and it goes too far, so the baby/child has to be hidden away from the home.
Yes, keep new friends, boyfriends or others out of the house at night, and do not ever let them babysit. Never lose your good sense about being out of the house without your children.

This is what we often hear:
"I woke up from a nap and the front door was wide open and s/he was nowhere in the house." Yes, sure.

Children are gifts, miracles and wonders, and when they're gone, they are gone.[/QUOTE]
Children are gifts, miracles and wonders, and when they're gone, they are gone.

Post of the year ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
It didn't appear like a stable, loving household for a 5 y/o child. Heartbreaking. The mother must have known how unstable her brother was. The opportunity for Whipple should never have been created.

Its heartbreaking seeing innocent children in these sorts of households.

Where have you seen it reported that Lizzy wasn't in a stable loving home? This is the first case I've seen in a long time where there have been 0 reports of CPS involvement, 0 reports from anyone saying that she wasn't well cared for and the members of the household weren't even suspected here or elsewhere.

I don't doubt that JW knew her brother was backsliding, but I can't fault her for not thinking her own brother, whom she had a good relationship with, would kill her daughter. JW is a victim in this.

There’s still defenses that can be used in an attempt to mitigate what he is convicted of.

Either way, it won’t work. He’ll never be free again.

So a guilty plea isn’t a forgone conclusion, but it won’t affect the outcome.

He’s done.
Yep, and the crimes he committed are DP-punishable in Utah. We'll have to wait & see if the tries to plead down to save his neck -- and to see if the prosecution will buy it. And there's always the Insanity Defense -- the very toughest of them all to plea and win -- if Utah even allows that, and if so, what that means in Utah.

Yep, and the crimes he committed are DP-punishable in Utah. We'll have to wait & see if the tries to plead down to save his neck -- and to see if the prosecution will buy it. And there's always the Insanity Defense -- the very toughest of them all to plea and win -- if Utah even allows that, and if so, what that means in Utah.

I think they traded the DP for the location of the body

I would love for that to be true. But the real world doesn't work like that. My compassion is primarily for the suffering that child endured at the hands of that monster, and probably growing up in that household. If Whipple was on a binge that night he would not have been "normal" whilst playing video games with the mother and live-in boyfriend late into the night. They were either the same, or thought it was ok ? And if that was the normal environment around the house.......All speculation of course.

Yes, that's all just speculation. Meanwhile that speculation is treating a woman that just lost her child. WS considers the parents of murdered children as victims. So we cannot speculate that they are to blame for their child's death unless they are a POI in the case.

Everything I have read about this mother was that she was a stable, responsible, loving parent to her children. Sure, her little brother had problems. But she never in a million years thought he would commit such an unthinkable act.

My heart goes out to her because she must be beyond devastated right now. She is not an irresponsible, unstable mother. She is the victim of wanting to be there for her brother, thinking the best of him, not realising the extent of his darkness.

That's a black and white way to look at it. Its not her "fault", but its yet another mother (or father) exposing their vulnerable children to potentially dangerous environments. We see it all the time. Its always a live in boyfriend or husband, or male friend who is unsavory. Alarm bells should be ringing everywhere.

I don't think we can rid the world of monsters anytime soon. But we can sure as hell do a better job protecting our children from them. Anyway I'll get back on topic now. Apologies.
Yet in this case it wasn't a boyfriend, husband, or friend.

Where have you seen it reported that Lizzy wasn't in a stable loving home? This is the first case I've seen in a long time where there have been 0 reports of CPS involvement, 0 reports from anyone saying that she wasn't well cared for and the members of the household weren't even suspected here or elsewhere.

I don't doubt that JW knew her brother was backsliding, but I can't fault her for not thinking her own brother, whom she had a good relationship with, would kill her daughter. JW is a victim in this.

Certainly no doubt that she is a victim.

Hey Everyone,

I have a bit of cleaning up to do with this thread. I'm going to close it and when I am finished I will open up a brand new thread.
Thanks for your patience.

Tricia

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE

I am so sorry everyone. I literally fell asleep with my fingers on the keyboard sitting in my chair. I only woke up because my fat head fell forward and crashed on my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.