Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know so far in the Jennifer Dulos case

SFA:
The search for Dulos continues Thursday, the day after local and state police swarmed Waveny Park, searching by ground and in the air the walking trails, a tall grassy area and a pond, in hopes of finding a mother of five children. The search also involved K9s and drones.

Documents from the divorce proceedings reveal that Jennifer Dulos claimed her husband was verbally abusive and she worried he would attempt to take their children from her.

In the affidavit, Jennifer Dulos claimed Fotis Dulos had exhibited “irrational, unsafe, bullying, threatening and controlling behavior.”

Earlier this month, on May 8, Jennifer Dulos filed a motion for contempt, saying that Fotis Dulos had filed an “improper and misleading financial affidavit.”

“The Defendant on his financial affidavit of May 7, 2019, states that the value of assets which he claims to own (which does not include a value for the Fore Group, Inc.) is $363,228.50,” the motion said.

According to New Canaan building and tax records, Fore Group in 2015 received a permit to build a 10,000-square-foot home on Hemlock Hill Road that in May 2017 sold for $5.2 million. The company in July 2017 purchased a Sturbridge Hill Road property for $1.5 million, knocked down the existing home and last April received a permit to build a 7,300-square-foot house there.

According to the motion for contempt, Fotis Dulos “seeks to hide the true value of the business entity which is known as the Fore Group Inc … of which he is the sole shareholder, and which is also his altered ego and identity of interest.”

According to Connecticut Secretary of the State records, Fotis Dulos is president and secretary of Fore Group, Inc.

“The Defendant continues to conceal the value of the Fore Group Inc. while annotating his financial affidavit with the comment that he is too poor to hire a business valuator to establish a value for the business and his concomitant claim that he does not have any idea as to the value of his business—despite personal net worth statements and applications for loans from financial institutions and banks made in connection with loans from Fore Group, Inc., for which is under ongoing obligations to report adverse financial conditions to the lender,” it said.

Fotis Dulos also “has stonewalled discovery of his personal and business finances and engaged in conduct designed and intended to hide the true nature of various business transactions during period relevant to this action for dissolution of marriage,” the motion said.

Jennifer Dulos in the motion called for the court to require her estranged husband to “provide full and unlimited access to the books, records and ESI [Employees’ State Insurance] of his personal and corporate finances.”

Fotis Dulos filed an objection to her motion to contempt the next day.

Jennifer Dulos was reported missing about two weeks later.

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case
And here we have it. It was one thing to fight over custody and over the mistress....but quite another when she shined a light on his finances and his business. He (imo) couldn't tolerate that.

just my opinion

Google Maps
Her car is reported to have been found on Laphan Road. It seems odd that she would pull over there and leave it voluntarily when she could have pulled into any of the parking lots, if she wanted to walk or run off stress.
Many local runners park in that location as it is closer to the longer distance paths that circle around the park. There is only room for a few cars in that location but many people prefer it.

I guess LE is keeping facts close to the vest, like were her keys or phone or driver's license in the car. I wonder if she had told a friend she was going for a run/walk and was followed in by someone else because she did this regularly. Are the longer distance paths isolated or mostly open?

I personally think armed guards are a little extra and don’t make Jennifer’s family look great if true. Security is one thing, but armed guards just sounds over the top. Especially considering Jennifer’s family has more than enough money to move the kids to another location, undisclosed to the father, without having to put them through extra stress and confusion by having armed guards around. Jmo
I think armed guards is an excellent idea. I know I would have them if this monster were after anyone in my family. It’s clear what happened. She isn’t coming back.

I personally think armed guards are a little extra and don’t make Jennifer’s family look great if true. Security is one thing, but armed guards just sounds over the top. Especially considering Jennifer’s family has more than enough money to move the kids to another location, undisclosed to the father, without having to put them through extra stress and confusion by having armed guards around. Jmo

This guy clearly has some well documented issues if he was only allowed supervised visitation, and all of the strict stipulations that surrounded their temporary custody order. That being said, there would be no reason for armed guards. LE is watching him like a hawk. Jmo

There is very well documented parental alienation in this case, to the point where he was only allowed supervised visits. And I believe at one point he wasn’t even allowed to communicate with the kids; only with Jennifer via text or letter, and only if it pertained to the kids. Their custody case is very interesting to me, and definitely not the norm in the tristate area IME. I don’t think he’s going anywhere with those kids.

I respectfully disagree with all of you. First, nasty and bitter divorces are the norm ESPECIALLY in high COL areas. Money does bad things to people. I am not a LEO but work in LE, contentious custody disputes are common. Second, what is *likely* is the scenario that is statistically the highest, that this was a DV crime and that the victim was killed by her estranged husband. It is absolutely reasonable for her family to think this is a possibility, and since they have the means to hire private security. The 'armed guard' moniker was given by the estranged husband, but it really doesn't matter what you call it. To me, it's totally reasonable. There is NO WAY NYPD can or will put a uniformed officer on their door 24/7. LE may be watching potential suspects closely, but if it were my grandchildren I would do the exact same thing. There IS reason to believe the kids may be in danger. Squirreling them away to parks unknown may have been advised against by LE/Attorneys since the father does have some rights still. So the children remain available to LE/Court if needed, but are protected just in case. Makes perfect sense to me, and is not over the top.

I live a .5 miles from Waveny and walk my dog there every morning. It was a bizarre scene at waveny today with youth soccer practices going on about 200 yards from the police presence and helicopter. Hope LE lets us know soon if waveny is safe but understand the process. GL LE

Waveny is as safe as it was before this crime. If it turns out the most likely scenario is what happened, John Q Public is not at risk.

Has Fotis (estranged husband) been questioned yet? I don't see anything about this in any of the reports - though they probably would keep it all confidential at this point.

Also, I'm glad NCPD called in the state troopers - I don't trust them. I live within walking distance of New Canaan, and in the mid-'90s, my boyfriend and I got into a pretty bad accident driving home from a party in New Canaan on a snowy, icy night. Of course, we had been drinking, boyfriend was driving my car, and he suffered a pretty significant gash to his face. When police/ambulances came on the scene, they whisked us both to the hospital - where they apparently did a BAC on me by taking blood.
Fast forward 6 years (I'm in my my early-ish 30s) and I get a summons to appear in court on DUI charges for that accident. Apparently, in renovations to the NCPD, someone came across boxes of case files that had been stored in an attic. As I mentioned, I hadn't been driving the car - and because my boyfriend required plastic surgery to his face, I guess nobody ever bothered to draw his blood?

Anyway, we both wound up having to appear in court, and I had to get a lawyer (in a weird twist, someone recommended Mickey Sherman, so we wound up spending a lot of money for what was really an open/shut case) and testify in front of a JURY. And taxpayers had to pay for this circus.

The jury quickly found me not guilty - and a couple of months later, I bumped into the prosecutor, who confessed that she thought it was a ridiculous waste of time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa