Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
What LE is asking is not mutually exclusive. You can totally have it both ways because again - what they are asking is not mutually exclusive. It's still possible to see BGs movements and recognize them. LE is making the point that the perp does not walk with this gait at all times (because of the terrain) so ignore his exact gait in the recording. "Oh that movement/body/clothes/posture really looks like my coworker but he doesn't walk like he is walking over a dilapidated bridge so I guess it can't be him." People tend to get close minded and will stop looking outside the box because it's easier. Sometimes people need simple instructions.

I assume you don't know BG so his movements do not look familiar to you. It's not useful to *you*. To someone else that does know BG, this video might make all the difference in the world in recognizing him. I do not think you would necessarily need a full face, walking straight, clear as day picture to recognize him if you knew him.
I'll agree to disagree on this. The still pic of him has been out there for over two years and NO arrest. Posture, clothing, stance all visible. It would appear no one has recognized him thus far or if they have, they're not telling, for whatever reason and THAT person is unlikely to reveal him now regardless of the video. His voice has been out there for over two years and NO arrest. LE had to swallow a bitter pill before that PC on April 22nd and releasing the "new" sketch. If anything, it's more likely the sketch will bring in more fruitful tips, or at least we hope so. He needs to be found.....yesterday!

RE: Voice on video.

A poster claimed to hear a cellphone ringtone between "Guys" and "Down the hill." I believe the post is in Thread #3. Another poster also heard the ringtone and made reference to 90s song by a 4-man band. I could listen all day and not hear this but I wish it could be identified. It does explain the pause.

OMG OMG OMG Bolded comments by me.

LIBERTY GERMAN | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Screenshot_2019-05-30 LIBERTY GERMAN Federal Bureau of Investigation.png

See the ellipsis on the FBI page with BG video. FASCINATING.

Definition of ellipsis
1a : the omission of one or more words that are obviously understood but that must be supplied to make a construction grammatically complete
b : a sudden leap from one topic to another
2 : marks or a mark (such as … ) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause

Definition of ELLIPSIS

The still pic of him has been out there for over two years and NO arrest. Posture, clothing, stance all visible.

I think you may have answered yourself here. This is the exact reason that LE has released the video of BG walking.

My opinion: If it won't hurt the case, release it.
Also: If it hasn't hurt the case, releasing it wasn't moot.

Yes, ITA. But there is something possibly connecting him to both. I don’t want to come out & say it, but BG could have been involved with the aftermath of the Flora fire.
Moo

I think I know where you're thoughts are on this. And I've held that suspicion as well. Like you, I don't want to say it. But there is anecdotal, and statistical evidence with other, similar (not to mean committed by BG) crimes that point to this kind of occupation/interest/activity by perps of these crimes.

View attachment 186865

Definition of ellipsis
1a : the omission of one or more words that are obviously understood but that must be supplied to make a construction grammatically complete
2 : marks or a mark (such as … ) indicating an omission (as of words) or a pause

Definition of ELLIPSIS
Good find!
So far I only hear a pause (Definition 2) or the leap (Definition b - BG says "guys" to get they full attention then gives a direction "down the hill") but I don't see why 1a isn't possible. I really wish we knew more.

I don't necessarily think it's about pointing a finger at an individual (although who knows for sure?), but rather the direction they took the investigation early on all the while having the original (3-day post murder sketch) but going with something completely different 5 months later. I did speculate earlier that perhaps someone steered the direction of the investigation away from an individual, but I'm not sure of that now or wouldn't they refocus on that individual now? Honestly, when I looked at the first sketch released and then the still pic of BG on the bridge, I didn't see a connection, at all. BG is NOT a bulky guy in my opinion, yet the first sketch kind of gives that impression, older and bulkier. Of course there's no body attached to that sketch, just the still of BG and it just seems "off". JMO of course.

Either someone did on purpose or by accident. Or the sketch was based only on the video. Video adds 10 lbs. So an average weight person may appear bulkier, or heavier set especially in baggy clothes!

I'll agree to disagree on this. The still pic of him has been out there for over two years and NO arrest. Posture, clothing, stance all visible. It would appear no one has recognized him thus far or if they have, they're not telling, for whatever reason and THAT person is unlikely to reveal him now regardless of the video. His voice has been out there for over two years and NO arrest. LE had to swallow a bitter pill before that PC on April 22nd and releasing the "new" sketch. If anything, it's more likely the sketch will bring in more fruitful tips, or at least we hope so. He needs to be found.....yesterday!

MOO Looking in the right age group is a game changer.

Before the execution, he still was waiting for the answer to his appeal for mercy to FLA governor. And the interview was in "poor me, victim of *advertiser censored* industry" tone. (His aunt described waking up at night to see 3-year-old Ted, standing with a knife at her bed. I doubt he had access to *advertiser censored* magazines at that time, but I think that ultimately, Ted was victim of own genes).

But also, I do believe that the 1977 interview caught him in the onset of a hypomanic phase. (Since he escaped two weeks later, was caught, escaped again, flew to FLA and went on a killing spree, he probably progressed further. He obviously had very high energy, but made many mistakes, one of them leading to his final arrest).

yeah, if he was pulling knives on his Aunt at age three, there's no one to blame but his DNA, and possible childhood abuse. Did he witness his grandfather pull a knife on his mother ever?
I'm sure the average preteen could see *advertiser censored* and not jump into violent murderous *advertiser censored*. He sought it out.

I do think that perhaps something that was investigated very early on did not “fit” the info LE had at that time, but when DC said at the PC “We are just beginning”, I took it as they are going back over everything that did not “fit”.
There has got to be something from early on that will stand out to LE NOW & set the stage for BG’s capture. That is my hope & that is why I think going backward is a good thing.
MOO
I agree. I think something led them to believe they had been duped at the initial investigation. They know what that something was imo and they will crack this case. The sooner the better.......time is of the essence or he might strike again.

I think you may have answered yourself here. This is the exact reason that LE has released the video of BG walking.

My opinion: If it won't hurt the case, release it.
Also: If it hasn't hurt the case, releasing it wasn't moot.
I'll concur with your last sentence :)

Or, he is from the area and has grown up traversing that bridge, is a psychopath or sociopath who needs to live on the edge and is comfortable doing that, is in a helping profession where dealing comfortably with heights is a requirement. Interesting that one of the early un-official sketches, done by someone in prison, showed BG walking through flames on the ground...a fireman?
I had completely forgotten about that drawing!

I try not to subscribe to any paranoia or conspiracy theories (mostly because the latter isn't allowed on here), but around the time the OGBG sketch was released, I belonged to another true crime platform and it seemed like JUST when the discussion actually seemed to be taking us somewhere, someone (always the same person) would come in and do what felt like sabotage at the time. The thread would get so derailed that it would take days to bring it back around. And it happened a lot.

Trolls be trollin' and there are lots of crazies out there, but I DO think that BG probably pops in on discussions from time to time. In the PC Carter said that this was about "power" to him and that he "wanted to know what [they] know." So it seems plausible that he's kept up with the various theories and rumors. It also makes me wonder if some bad tips or misinformation was given to LE to intentionally mislead the direction of the investigation. Wouldn't have to be someone working on the case, could just be a regular dude.

<modsnip - unnecessary and off topic>

Perhaps he wants to control the narrative? Power & Control. Also, doesn't want to be caught.

View attachment 186865

Definition of ellipsis

Definition of ELLIPSIS
Sorry, but this went right over my head. This is the same video and audio released in April. Why the OMG? Do you hear something new? I'm lost.

I agree. I think something led them to believe they had been duped at the initial investigation. They know what that something was imo and they will crack this case. The sooner the better.......time is of the essence or he might strike again.
Me three! Statements such as, "You told us what we wanted to hear," and, "we're going to find we were onto something early on," among others, lead me in that direction too. I just hope those words really MEANT something and were not just some PR job to diminish the blow of the new sketch released at last month's PC. JMHO
ed:sp

eta: I listened to something last night, which reminded me why I don't go there much, but from what was said there was something that makes so much sense and furthers the statement, "you told us what we wanted to hear." This is a small town, and although not everyone knows each other, many do through everyday activities such as sports (their children/grandchildren), school, community work, fund raising events, whatever. It is uncomfortable for LE to suspect or have to question friends and acquaintances when tips lead them in that direction. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Me three! Statements such as, "You told us what we wanted to hear," and, "we're going to find we were onto something early on," among others, lead me in that direction too. I just hope those words really MEANT something and were not just some PR job to diminish the blow of the new sketch released at last month's PC. JMHO
ed:sp

eta: I listened to something last night, which reminded me why I don't go there much, but from what was said there was something that makes so much sense and furthers the statement, "you told us what we wanted to hear." This is a small town, and although not everyone knows each other, many do through everyday activities such as sports (their children/grandchildren), school, community work, fund raising events, whatever. It is uncomfortable for LE to suspect or have to question friends and acquaintances when tips lead them in that direction. Just a thought.

“You told us what we wanted to hear”??? Carter said during the PC?

Or you might be thinking of a different quote, by Sgt Riley. What it’s supposed to suggest (see below) I can’t even guess because if LE apparently got the information they were looking for they shouldn’t need to try check back on what they’ve received. I think we’d need to see the actual video of this interview in order to understand what he was referring to.

Since police believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, News 18 also asked Riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.

"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."...”

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

RE: Voice on video.

A poster claimed to hear a cellphone ringtone between "Guys" and "Down the hill." I believe the post is in Thread #3. Another poster also heard the ringtone and made reference to 90s song by a 4-man band. I could listen all day and not hear this but I wish it could be identified. It does explain the pause.
IMO the "pause" between "guys" and "down the hill" is likely to block out other things LE doesn't want to share at this time - or ever. It could be something the families and others could find traumatic or it could be something BG is saying that they don't want released at this time. It sould also just be "filler" space to indicate to the public that the words were not said as one complete phrase "guys down the hill".

Or you might be thinking of a different quote, by Sgt Riley. What it’s supposed to suggest (see below) I can’t even guess because if LE apparently got the information they were looking for they shouldn’t need to try check back on what they’ve received. I think we’d need to see the actual video of this interview in order to understand what he was referring to.

Since police believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, News 18 also asked Riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.

"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."...”

Could the two sentences 'Somebody may have already interviewed him' and ' Apparently the person gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for' relate to the same person but different occasions? So the person could have been intvwd by a reporter or press at one time say (or others not LE) and is also known to have given LE info they were looking for on another occasion ( informal tip or formal intvw as a witness or suspect)? Moo

Also Moo is that ,regardless of the above, the comment 'The person apparently...etc' shows that there IS actually a person that is in LE's mind here ,despite the previous obfuscation. And therefore IS/WAS the suspected Perp

eta ...grammar

My apologies. I didn't mean to imply those things were said in the PC, but DC did make the statement about "we're going to find we were onto something early on," during another interview on Wish. Obviously, I misquoted the other one (sorry), but it certainly implied they were told something and they believed it. Whether or not it was true would be the question. Elsewhere it was also mentioned that some of the alibis were less than truthful. Did they sort all that out 2 years ago, or do they have to back track?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member