VERDICT WATCH Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when the news flashed that bodies had been found. Like most of us who followed this case from the beginning, I instinctively felt it would be them. When it was announced during the live press conference, I actually shed tears over a family I didn't know, had never met and never would. I had read every shred of evidence or supposition, wondered if they were happily in Belize, suspected DK, threw shade at RB, watched their home videos, and in that process felt that I had come to know them a little over those nearly four years of absence.

And yes, hopefully, those poor souls and their families will find that the scales of justice tip their way.

You've decribed my journey as well. This phase has nearly come to an end and hoping justice will finally be served.

So glad we don't have to look at the defendant for a few days. The schoolboy look doesnt suit him.

BBM: ...taken out to the (around Victorville) desert , which just so happens to be Chase Merritt's stomping grounds; which just happens to be close in proximity to his ping information; which just happens to be where he mentioned to someone that's where he'd bury a body, should he have one to bury; which just happens to be where he spends quite a bit of time digging holes; which just happens to be where he creeped out the fellow miner, who hastily fled and called police.....

So alleged killer went all the way *advertiser censored* miles from his house to Fallbrook to kill a family of 4 at their house, then drive all the way *advertiser censored* miles to bury them in his backyard, sounds logical......NOT!

Maybe watching the prosecutions case over again will refresh your memory ( no pun intended).

Seriously? It was the State's case that changed my opinion, I have watched this whole trial, I am not uninformed at all. I have a different view and I am not alone, I just post more then others about it, many gave up! The wonderful thing about WS's is that we can have differing opinions here :)

Anyone feeling the need to talk down to Missy1974 about watching the case needs to read these threads all over again, if they had ever read them.

Did you hear the judge say their time is theirs within reason? When they begin and end each day?
Will we get any kind of update such as jury has gone home for the day?
They choose their own hours, within reason. I don't know if anyone will update us when they go home.

So for the people who think Chase is guilty here is a question for you all as I’m quite new to watching real crime.

Do you think Chase will ever confess if he is found guilty of this crime?

How often in the U.S do people found guilty then decide to confess?
No. I think he'll continue to deny because he has nothing to gain by confessing. Give him something to gain if he confesses & he'll tell.

Those "tears," were for himself ONLY. His only regret, is that he was caught--same with all criminals.
Another confirmation bias. He's guilty, therefore his tears were for himself.

They choose their own hours, within reason. I don't know if anyone will update us when they go home.
This was confusing to me. It seems in past trials the jury comes in the court room to report and is then taken to the jury room. Maybe it's different in different states?
Hopefully we will have some journalist hanging around who tweets what's happening. Wishful thinking.

Your courts are so random in the U.S :D

When we had to deliberate we had to be in at 9.30 bring our own lunch and was locked away unless we had a question then everybody was called back into to answer our questions and then locked away again until 4.30pm.

But you guys get to keep your own hours within reason:oops:

My court was by London Bridge and by the second full day I was thinking about throwing myself out of the window I was so sick of it. I also only had a 8 day trial so god knows how these lot feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88