Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the amount of pain and guilt (not deserved) JW will live with for the rest of her life.
I hope she's able to hold on hope and be the mother her other baby needs, but I worry that this is the type of pain that breaks someone permanently. Let's hope her family and friends, especially her mother, take the responsibility of guiding JW through these next few years :(

You are so right...
Poor thing. :( I am also inclined to think that this is the type of pain that breaks person permanently.
As for her mother, I wouldn´t say she is apt to guide anybody anywhere, if her mother is the one who left her kids and went to another state.

Regarding AW’s Facebook changes after his arrest - he is allowed to make phone calls. I can imagine he was told that people are putting horrible comments under the very few FB posts that allowed non-friends to comment. I also imagine him giving them his log in info so they could lockdown his profile. moo

Regarding AW’s Facebook changes after his arrest - he is allowed to make phone calls. I can imagine he was told that people are putting horrible comments under the very few FB posts that allowed non-friends to comment. I also imagine him giving them his log in info so they could lockdown his profile. moo
If this is the case, the choice of cover pic is very disturbing

whoa did anyone get screenshots of the original FB page?

so it seems he has at least one supporter - someone who either knew or asked for his password since he's been in jail
I saw a screen shot when it first changed names last night. The status was updated saying “please do not report this account. This is his mom”

You just learn to live with it. For example, we have a lot of school shootings, and as a student the thought terrifies me, but there's not much I can do to protect myself.
We all have terrible things we've grown accustomed to, and we just hope it doesn't happen to our families + the institutions that are there to protect us will do their job.
Not sure if that made sense, but basically we just learn to take the small precautions possible and hope/trust that we'll be okay. That is true no matter where you live.

I understand what you mean.
I know about school shootings in USA, I have read about it, and have seen it on the news, unfortunately very often.
It is terrifying, but I understand that you just get used to it in a way. It really is a big problem in the US, maybe- I don´t know, I am just guessing- the part of the problem lies in a popularity these kids get on the news and social media.
I am guessing it partly because I remember all the macabre "popularity" of the Columbine massacre in teen population over the world.

If anyone is interested in this theme, there is a wonderful novel "We need to talk about Kevin", by Lionel Shriver, which, in my opinion, gives a wider- and darker- perspective of the psychological causes of teen violence.

so it seems he has at least one supporter - someone who either knew or asked for his password since he's been in jail

Probably his mom. Based off comments she made defending him I think she had spoken to him either just before or soon after he was arrested.

BBM

Thanks, that's interesting.
I was under the assumption that they'd been in communication for some time.
Wonder how much time had passed since she'd texted/talked to him ?
She maybe had no idea what a monster he was.

I believe your first assumption is correct. They were not estranged and were in contact.

The statement that JW began contact via messenger was contact that evening, and not contact for the very first time. I've linked grandfather's statements to media upthread which also make this clear. MOO

Exactly, in just the last few weeks AJ, Maleah & now Lizzy all brutally murdered, two cases DCFS heavily involved yet allowed the kids to remain in very troubled homes & here we have a guy that could have already been picked up for
probation violations.

Speculating here and we will never know the full truth but I am guessing Alex has quite the juvenile record & any authoritative figure dealing with him knew exactly where he was headed. Maybe they didn’t know what would eventually land him behind bars but I’m sure they are not surprised at only 21 he’s managed to pull off a horrific crime. Moo

A 3 yr. old girl was recently murdered ,in a town near me, by her 20 yr. old stepfather. Janiyah was a beautiful little girl with the most wonderful smile. He and her mother abused and molested her then beat her to death. She was life-flighted to a trauma hospital and on life support until she died a few days later. People who do this to a child know they can get away with the horrible abuse. They don't go after big, strong people who can...and will fight back. Their choices are the most vulnerable. At this point, I'm very tired of saying the perpetrators were anything except evil. In our efforts to be correct, we overlook/sugar coat the fact that evil is all around us.

I usually avoid cases of children, but every once in awhile I do read one and I regret everytime.

I actually have conflicting views on it; I think they deserve to be discussed and sleuthed, but the emotional toll is so heavy.

Enough about me, though. I am just glad the guy was so much of a scared little (insert preferred word here) that he gave up her location. May justice be swift.

I can agree when it comes to substance abuse, lack of direction/motivation and maybe even petty crimes. But murder? No. SA of a young child (if there was one)? No.

If this was a crime of passion it would be different. But this was a cold, calculated, premeditated murder of an innocent and vulnerable child. A person either has the ability to do that in them or they don’t. Alex Whipple has it in him, and it was not caused by an absentee mother, foster care, depression or substance abuse. The only reason he murdered Lizzy is because he wanted to. Imo.

BBM: I understand your point, but things tend to mount in troubled psyches and the grounds on which it feeds are the lack of psychological structure and poor impulse control.

Both of above mentioned things are considered outcomes of bad toddler´s attachment to the primary caregiver.

So, in a way, AW "has it in him", at the same time lacking it in him.
And I mean it both ways, crime- wise and mental- health- wise.

Without stability, structure and with poor impulse control, at adolescent age, in my opinion, things go downward fast: petty crimes, destructiveness/ auto-destructiveness, and, with all kind of impulses piling up, it sometimes escalates in unbelievable horror like this.
Without structure, there is no good outcome. MOO

It’s always amazed me when someone is being held for murder, they give even one second of thought to their social media account.

I can agree when it comes to substance abuse, lack of direction/motivation and maybe even petty crimes. But murder? No. SA of a young child (if there was one)? No.

If this was a crime of passion it would be different. But this was a cold, calculated, premeditated murder of an innocent and vulnerable child. A person either has the ability to do that in them or they don’t. Alex Whipple has it in him, and it was not caused by an absentee mother, foster care, depression or substance abuse. The only reason he murdered Lizzy is because he wanted to. Imo.
I’m not trying to imply that his parents are to blame for him murdering an innocent young child. I’m merely stating that in 99% of cases like this the perpetrator will have had a difficult upbringing, child abuse/neglect, foster care etc and I also am not implying that all people brought up in bad situations go on to do heinous things, the vast majority don’t. But it can’t be denied that that there is a correlation between having a troubled background and growing up to become a troubled adult. I’m very sure lots of other factors came into play to turn AW into the monster he became. Who’s can say if he would have had it in him to do this if he’d grown up in a stable loving home who taught him right from wrong? None of us can but I’d put my money on his upbringing having a significant impact on the person he grew up to become MOO

His mom is active on hers so maybe she’s working his.
I find FB comments interesting if they’re coming from family or someone that knows the suspect well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get