FL - Kameela Russell, 41, found deceased, Miami Gardens, 15 May 2019 *Arrest*

Such a depressing outcome :( But based on what has been said of her, it was always incredibly unlikely that she would have voluntarily left her children to wonder where mom is while she takes a break. I hope the LE are quiet because they know who the responsible is and they are simply tidying up.

I can't imagine that there would be any benefit to withholding the name of a suspect in a murder case.

Not wanting to affect the tips and leads coming from the public. Giving false sense of security to the suspect. Keeping public and the press out of certain locations by not mentioning anyone connected to them. Simply not being interested in communicating the facts to the public before the investigation is ready.

I don't think some of these apply here, but others might. I hope.

http://www.local10.com/news/florida/miami-dade/kameela-russells-mother-says-she-has-no-idea-who-would-want-to-kill-daughter

"Knowing her and the type of person she was, I just don't understand it. I don't understand it at all," she said.

Linda Russell is now waiting for more information from Miami Gardens police as to what led up to her murder.

"Basically, they are just continuing the investigation now that they have recovered her body," she said.

Family, friends and loved ones of Kameela Russell gathered at the home in the 800 block of Northwest 203rd Street, where she was last seen on May 15 after getting the news that the Miami Norland Senior High School test administrator had been found dead.

Police said Russell was seen by a relative in her black Audi A6 in the driveway of the home before disappearing.

The medical examiner's office confirmed Thursday that Russell's body was found floating in a canal in the 20700 block of Northwest 15th Avenue this past Saturday.

The manner of death was ruled a homicide caused by blunt head injury.

Russell's mother is now watching over her 6-year-old and 15-year-old daughters.

"We were all crying last night. The older one -- the 15-year-old -- was like, 'Can we all sleep in the same room tonight?'" Linda Russell said. "If anybody saw her that day or saw where she went or saw if anyone was following her -- you know, somebody must have seen something or heard something, and I'm just hoping that someone would speak up."

Miami Gardens police swarmed a house last week just down the road from the family's home, bringing in K9 units and drones. But there still is no official word on whether the two incidents are connected.

Not wanting to affect the tips and leads coming from the public. Giving false sense of security to the suspect. Keeping public and the press out of certain locations by not mentioning anyone connected to them. Simply not being interested in communicating the facts to the public before the investigation is ready.

I don't think some of these apply here, but others might. I hope.

Wouldn't there be more and better tips coming in if they actually identified someone as a person of interest or suspect? Don't they want to know if anyone saw this person or his/her vehicle near the canal or near the driveway or anywhere else? I mean, do they have someone locked up? Does that person truly feel secure at this point? I just think that maybe they'd get better help from the public if they released information about this person. But I suspect that they have nothing right now and don't want the public to know it. I have followed many cases that were quiet, and it almost always turned out that they didn't know anything.

A former Norland High assistant principal has been arrested and charged with murdering educator Kameela Russell, whose body was discovered floating in a Miami Gardens canal.

Police detectives took Ernest Joseph Roberts, 39, into custody early Friday morning. Police obtained an arrest warrant for a charge of first-degree murder.

Sources say investigators believe they found forensic evidence that Russell died inside the house, and that he disposed of her car, which was later found by police detectives. Phone records also placed Russell at Roberts’ Miami Gardens home when she disappeared, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

...SBM

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that Russell died of blunt-force trauma.

Investigators immediately honed in on Roberts, the ex-assistant principal at Norland, who Russell’s family says has known the woman since childhood. Her mother, Linda Russell, initially told the Miami Herald that she did not believe Roberts had anything to do with her disappearance.

“That would surprise me because I’ve never seen anything that would warrant all of that,” Linda Russell said last week.

Roberts had been an assistant principal at Norland alongside Russell. But in February, he was transferred to Linda Lentin K-8 Center in North Miami. Why he was transferred is unknown.

Days after Russell went missing — and before her body was found — Miami Gardens police detectives secured a search warrant to search his home on the 1500 block of Northwest 203rd Street.

Assistant principal charged with murder of Norland High educator

A former Norland High assistant principal has been arrested and charged with murdering educator Kameela Russell, whose body was discovered floating in a Miami Gardens canal.

Police detectives took Ernest Joseph Roberts, 39, into custody early Friday morning. Police obtained an arrest warrant for a charge of first-degree murder.

Sources say investigators believe they found forensic evidence that Russell died inside the house, and that he disposed of her car, which was later found by police detectives. Phone records also placed Russell at Roberts’ Miami Gardens home when she disappeared, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

...SBM

The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that Russell died of blunt-force trauma.

Investigators immediately honed in on Roberts, the ex-assistant principal at Norland, who Russell’s family says has known the woman since childhood. Her mother, Linda Russell, initially told the Miami Herald that she did not believe Roberts had anything to do with her disappearance.

“That would surprise me because I’ve never seen anything that would warrant all of that,” Linda Russell said last week.

Roberts had been an assistant principal at Norland alongside Russell. But in February, he was transferred to Linda Lentin K-8 Center in North Miami. Why he was transferred is unknown.

Days after Russell went missing — and before her body was found — Miami Gardens police detectives secured a search warrant to search his home on the 1500 block of Northwest 203rd Street.

Assistant principal charged with murder of Norland High educator

Wow, I am glad they caught the guy. Motive?

He must of been stalking her or lured her to a destination. So sad.

RIP Kameela

That article is really shocking. It mentions that he had an extensive surveillance system. Is that common? I know you can get a system for a lot less than in the past, and I know having a camera is more popular today. But I wonder about an "extensive closed circuit video surveillance system." It sounds like he had something to hide and/or protect. It also sounds like he trusted this janitor a lot. He surely had some sort of a relationship with the janitor. Were they buddies? Business associates? Relatives?

That article is really shocking. It mentions that he had an extensive surveillance system. Is that common? I know you can get a system for a lot less than in the past, and I know having a camera is more popular today. But I wonder about an "extensive closed circuit video surveillance system." It sounds like he had something to hide and/or protect. It also sounds like he trusted this janitor a lot. He surely had some sort of a relationship with the janitor. Were they buddies? Business associates? Relatives?

Possibly due to his past as a probation officer ?

Former assistant principal charged with murder of Miami Norland High educator

Roberts, once a probation officer, was hired as a teacher by Miami-Dade County Public Schools in August 2004, according to the school district. He began teaching at Norland in December 2012, and became an assistant principal at the school in August 2017.

In February, he was transferred to Linda Lentin K-8 Center in North Miami.

The school district, in a statement about the transfer, referenced a School Board policy that says administrators may not supervise relatives. Police say Roberts had been staying at a home in Broward County that, according to school district records, is the listed address of another teacher at Norland. Reached Friday, that teacher hung up on a reporter. Roberts, according to Miami-Dade court records, had been divorced in May 2018.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.w...pal-suspected-killing-teacher/?outputType=amp

The police received a call on a Monday in May from an employee at a grade school in Miami.

The employee said that one of his co-workers, Ernest Joseph Roberts, 39, an assistant principal at another Miami high school who had recently been transferred to the grade school, had called him that morning with an unusual request, according to court records.

Roberts, who at the time was on a field trip with students in Washington, pointed the employee to a handwritten note he had left in the drawer of a filing cabinet at the school along with a set of car keys, according to court records.

“Do you know anyone that can chop up a car?” the note read. “If so or make it ‘disappear’ take these keys. Its behind the speedway racetrack on 441 by County line. Friends are gone and need it to disappear. If not leave it + I’ll work it out later. Throw this note away!”

Detectives met with the grade school employee after getting his call; the employee told them he had received a call from Roberts on May 15 in which Roberts told him, “I did something crazy,” court documents said. Roberts told the employee that he had killed an intruder at his mother’s house with a baseball bat, then wrapped the body in a tarp and dragged it through his house, leaving blood stains.

Video that police obtained from surveillance cameras at a house across the street from Roberts’s show Russell arriving in Roberts’s driveway about 6 p.m. that May day and entering his house. About 6:54 p.m., Roberts is seen on video backing Russell’s car up close to the front door of his house, court records said. Russell is never seen leaving the house, they said. Police said the last person to have any contact with Russell was Roberts, who called her at 6:01 p.m. that day.

It's a blessing criminals are so often so dumb. LE must have had this in the bag pretty early on: phone records and phone location, surveillance camera footage, and practically a confession to a co-worker... It does amaze and horrify me that this person was an educator.

My heart breaks thinking about all the beautiful things Kameela had left to do in her life, and for the kids who were robbed of their mother.

Miami-Dade prosecutors released surveillance footage showing vital evidence in the death-penalty case against former Norland High School assistant principal Ernest Roberts, who is allegedly accused of murdering Kameela Russell, a teacher and test proctor at the school, in his own home.

The murder occurred on Wednesday, May 15, three months prior to the release of surveillance video.

According to the Miami Herald, a security camera from a neighbor’s house across the street captured Roberts, 39, pulling into his home at 1525 NW 203rd St. at 5:09 p.m. in Miami Gardens.

Russell, who was supposed to pick up her daughter from a relative’s home, arrived nearly an hour later, exiting her black Audi and entering Roberts’ house in a black T-shirt, dark jogging pants and dark tennis shoes.

The video showed Roberts leaving his house, getting into Russell’s Audi and backing it up to close the front door, then opening the trunk to supposedly load her body into the car.

Miami Gardens Police said Roberts then drove off in the Audi at 7:10 p.m., presumably to ditch it and return home on foot, according to prosecutors.

According to the arrest warrant, Russell didn’t leave Roberts’ house alive.
Surveillance connected to murder of Norland High teacher released by prosecutors

Death Penalty Sought In Case Of Former Norland High Assistant Principal Accused Of Killing Teacher

This article states trial to begin this month. Do we know a date? @Niner do you have time to help?

First Name: ERNEST
Middle Name: JOSEPH
Last Name: ROBERTS
Race: B
Sex: M
Date of Birth: 07/29/1979

Miami-Dade County Clerk Criminal Justice

CJIS Case Search

Court Case No.: F-19-011600Defendant Name: ROBERTS, ERNEST JOSEPH​
  • Seq No.: 1
    Charge: MURDER 1ST DEGREE
    Charge Type: FELONY
Court Case No.: F-19-011600
Defendant Name: ROBERTS, ERNEST JOSEPH
  • Sequence No.: 112
    Date: 10/04/2019
    Docket:
    ORDER APPOINTING PCAC & APPROVING TRANSCR & DEPO PAYMENTS BRUCE FLEISHER
  • Sequence No.: 108
    Date: 10/01/2019
    Docket:
    REPORT RE: MOTIONS SET FOR 10/04/2019 AT 10:00
  • Sequence No.: 102
    Date: 09/17/2019
    Docket: E-SUBPOENA: BUTCHER, RUPERT ID: 100-09877 FOR: TRIAL ON 10/15/2019 AT 09:30 ISSUED BY: CJIS
    SENT: 09/17/2019 RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/22/2019 S
    SENT: RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/22/2019 S
  • Sequence No.: 101
    Date: 09/17/2019
    Docket: E-SUBPOENA: TORRES, NANCY ID: 100-00755 FOR: TRIAL ON 10/15/2019 AT 09:30 ISSUED BY: CJIS
    SENT: 09/17/2019 RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/17/2019 S
    SENT: RECD/NOTFD: 09/17/2019 ACKN: 09/17/2019 S

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member