Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the conclusions I've reached so far. Still researching though.

>95% Brittanee is dead.
It looks like what some people loosely call "human trafficking", but the victim in this case was not 'recruitable' and was improperly targeted. The net effect is that the people involved will more carefully scout talent in the future.

>95% a private security firm was used to skew the public discourse.
There is one profile on thread #11 that is almost certainly an 'employee' of a specific firm, based on things that may not be common knowledge.
A person who is not familiar with how those firms operate should research them. The Intercept news site has done several articles on those firms involvement in issues ranging from criminal cases like this to corporate cases like mineral rights.

>95% Female friends of Brittany directly arranged her circumstance.
She would not have been vulnerable to walking into a setup entirely arranged by males.

>95% There will be more murders commited by the same group.
This is not the first time a crime of this sort has developed in this way.

>90% those who disposed of the body were not locals but vaguely knew the area.
From Myrtle beach heading inland there is first a minor highway, then a bigger highway. The body was driven south to the first 'major' junction with flowing water, which is where non local people in a rush would have disposed of the body.

>90% A number of law enforcement personnel took physical cash to skew the investigation.
This involves the loose networks associated with the previously mentioned security firms.
The local cops would have been offered an amount commensurate with their histories. The higher level FBI agents would have received probably in the $3000 to $5000 range or so, not enough to trigger aml flags or a paper trail when they spent it.

>90% The killer's group was staying at one of the two hotels involved.
This for logistic and other reasons.

>90% The males specifically connected to Brittany and Rochester were involved.
This based on the totality of known facts.

>80% The body was dropped at the port landing vicinity, which was initially checked.
Very remote chance it could have been weighted adequately to not surface after time. Would be wise to have a diver look around in clear water conditions in case there is a weight still attached to a long bone etc.

>70% chance the case will remain entirely unsolved.
In times past framing the "T" family would have been doable, it isn't now. The only way that could move forward is if one or more of them were killed, then a false narrative could be constructed more easily about their supposed crimes.
The actual people involved are not likely to face accountability due to the involvement of law enforcers in skewing the case.

<5% The black family mentioned in the media is responsible.
They appear to have been targeted for opportunistic reasons.

One more point.

One of the things that I do agree with the majority on in this case is that the Shannon McCoughnahey case is related.

The specific relationship of the two cases is important though.

What is easily findable online about Shannon McCoughnahey?

1) There is very little easily findable information about her case. This lets a person build narratives around the circumstances which would not be possible if it were easy to investigate the case. Nevertheless, a person can find some info.

2) She would have been difficult to approach for the "T" group, but she would have been easily approachable by somebody she saw as an authority figure, such as a deputy.

3) It is known that the deputies in that area arrested a bunch of black people after her murder without any evidence. Why they did this is unclear.

4) The deputies then spent months trying to build a case but were unable to. As far as I can tell what they found was that one of the people said a red gas can was in her car when it went up in flames. If a person is under duress to speculate about a crime scene like that most people would put a red gas can there because most gas cans are red.

5) Further, the deputies claimed they got some conflicting confessions, but were unable to videotape them. This should raise eyebrows.

Shannon McCoughnahey was killed and there does appear to be a link, however tenuous, to the Drexel case.

Those who are certain the two cases have a more direct link should look for hard evidence in the Shannon McCoughnahey case. What did the police collect?

~

edit to add

I don't mean to suggest that a deputy killed Shannon. As far as I know the case was uninvestigated, so a person can't say who might have been responsible. Should the case be re examined, in a transparent way that precludes deception by law enforcers?

That came to mind because of a case I just remembered reading about, involving a guy on death row for killing a deputy's wife. The evidence seemed to be that the deputy himself committed the murder, but justifiably or not decided to pin it on a black guy. I don't remember the names involved and I assume the fellow on death row has gotten vaccinated already, but there are many similar cases of complicated setups for similar motives.

Last edited:
Researching some more, basically the same conclusions.

Only changes are

1) One commentator on one post on a news site mentioned that it looked like a drug debt. Somebody taking that particular girl as 'payoff' for a drug debt or similar thing. That is the only obvious scenario in which she could still be alive. <1% though. As slim as that possibility is, the only chance of researching it is by following the actual evidence, not the evidence that was placed to protect those who had an expensive lawyer.

2) There is so much evidence of a deliberate misdirection of the investigation. Several more examples could be added.

3) In almost every single case that crooked cops are caught doing something like this they slither out by claiming it was either a few low level crooked cops or an elaborate undercover operation. Both of those scenarios can be disproved.

I leave the subject now. You all can get back to what you were doing before I interfered.

One last point I'll add, because it's annoying.

The prisoner who was told to produce that story was interviewed by a news station.

They were not able to go interview him in person, so they talked to him by telephone.

Why? Because South Carolina has a law forbidding in person media interviews with prisoners.

Why do you suppose there would be a law like that?

The purpose is not to protect the media figures, nor to protect the public, nor to reduce crime. The prisoners are allowed to meet non media people in person. If they have some private way to communicate with a member of their group they can meet and talk around the guards.
It is only media interviews with prisoners that are forbidden.

So if a media person talks to a prisoner, it is set up so that the only person physically next to the prisoner is a member of law enforcement.

In a case like this there would have been some prior request to talk by telephone with the prisoner. The story he gave was utterly absurd, and the authorities would have known that a competent interview, even by telephone, would have exposed that.

So they would have wanted to put some extra pressure on him. In other words there probably was an FBI or local cop in the room with him, or close by, or who menaced him right before the call.

You could take that guy and put him in a place where he had liberty to tell the truth and he would detail everything that was done to coax the hoax story. FBI agents probably asked him if he knew x person and he said "no". Then they probably showed him a picture of x person and asked if that was x person. When he said "I don't know", they probably said "look carefully".

All around the country it is the norm for law enforcers to cook cases by getting fake information, but in some places it is also the norm to prevent access to accurate information.

One last comment which is a suggestion if somebody wants to take a longshot chance at the most likely way to recover some indication of the crime, though chances of success ~10% or less.

Make a list of all the clothing she had, including her purse etc. Then get a copy of each item and figure out which items are synthetics that might last years and which are natural products like cotton that would disappear rapidly.

Then get a sense of how much the river increases in storms and if there were major storms since then.

If the river is fairly slow even during storms then it might be possible to recover some metal / synthetic parts of her clothing and purse from the river with a dredge though it would be time consuming.

~

Of course the smartest way to start would be to narrow the search area by talking to those who dumped the body. That might increase the chances of finding some objects to ~50% or so.

Researching some more, basically the same conclusions.

Only changes are

1) One commentator on one post on a news site mentioned that it looked like a drug debt. Somebody taking that particular girl as 'payoff' for a drug debt or similar thing. That is the only obvious scenario in which she could still be alive. <1% though. As slim as that possibility is, the only chance of researching it is by following the actual evidence, not the evidence that was placed to protect those who had an expensive lawyer.

2) There is so much evidence of a deliberate misdirection of the investigation. Several more examples could be added.

3) In almost every single case that crooked cops are caught doing something like this they slither out by claiming it was either a few low level crooked cops or an elaborate undercover operation. Both of those scenarios can be disproved.

I leave the subject now. You all can get back to what you were doing before I interfered.
Well, the evidence seems to be pointing at the Taylors. I think the FBI knows a lot more than they are telling and I strongly suspect that they have evidence, other than the informants, that puts Brittany at the stash house. I really think that this case is now just a matter of time.

Well, the evidence seems to be pointing at the Taylors. I think the FBI knows a lot more than they are telling and I strongly suspect that they have evidence, other than the informants, that puts Brittany at the stash house. I really think that this case is now just a matter of time.

I'm sorry to keep intruding on your thread, but you say "Well, the evidence seems to be pointing at the Taylors. "

Which evidence seems to be pointing to them?

Let me ask the question a different way.

There are many possible scenarios that have been raised by different individuals.

One of those scenarios is the one that some people are promoting on this thread, and which the FBI and local police in SC are also promoting.

Here is a different scenario, promoted by various others. Give me an approximate estimate of the likelihood of this scenario in percentage terms, if you don't mind.

1) A bunch of young people are in Myrtle beach to have a good time. A few of them are trying to get some drugs to bring back so they can make some cash.

2) Those individuals are sitting around with some new friends snorting and smoking and one of them who has connections says he can produce x but the cost will be y. He can produce, for example, x amount of coke but the price will be x dollars and a specific girl.

3) Instead of saying "that girl isn't on the table", the initial group gets into a peeing contest over who can provide her.

4) The girl is not as amenable or available as expected, and some scheming involving her develops.

5) Fast forward a bit. She walks out of the last hotel she was seen at. A bunch of the guys say "Aren't you the friend of so and so? Where are you going? We can give you a lift." She says okay and gets in the car. They ask her if she wants to try smoking/shooting/snorting this or that and she says "no thanks". She is a bit uncomfortable so she pulls out her phone and starts texting her boyfriend. The guys say they have to make a stop at a friend's house then they'll bring her to her hotel.

6) etcetera

A number of people seen to think that is one of the most likely scenarios.

Please give me an estimate of how likely you consider that scenario e.g. 10% chance? 30% chance?

~

If that scenario is accurate, and there seem to be a fair number of experienced people who think it may be likely, then it is unlikely the girl would have been killed quickly.

In other words it is possible the pings near the river on the interstate were meant to throw off a search.

~

Let me ask an easier question.

Why was she asked to go on that trip?

Here are some possible answers you can research.

1) Because she had lots of money and the others didn't.

2) Because she and they were good friends.

3) Some other reason.

1) Because she had lots of money and the others didn't.

2) Because she and they were good friends.

3) Some other reason.

Because one or more of the guys thought they were going to be able to make a sexual connection with her?

Because one or more of the guys thought they were going to be able to make a sexual connection with her?

Obviously.

So, she is brought to Myrtle Beach because somebody has the intention of hooking up with her.

Would that person have a girlfriend?

This case is a lot like the story of the person who sees somebody on their hands and knees looking around under a street light.
He says "what are you doing?"
The person says "looking for car key. I was walking down x street and took something out of my pocket and I heard the key hit the pavement."
"If you lost the key there, why are you looking here?"
"Because there's a streetlight here."

The FBI and police are looking for Brittanee Drexel where they are being paid to look for her.

I am not a friend of anybody involved, as far as I know. I am not sure if I have ever been to Myrtle beach but I have probably passed through there decades ago. As far as I know, I do not have any connection to anybody involved.

~

You say "ST has been arrested over 37 times".

Could you please look at the specifics? The arrests indicate he was not friendly to cops i.e., he did not say "yes sir, no sir". They don't indicate a tendency to kidnap and kill college students.

If you want to list the 37 things in list form like
1)
2)
etc
it might be easier to see what they indicate.

A snippet of ST’s record. Those of us who’ve followed the entire case are already aware of this.

Arrest made in botched Boulevard abduction

Fire destroys possible stash house tied to Brittanee Drexel disappearance

"An abandoned home that belonged to the family of a suspect in Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance burned down on Saturday evening.

FBI officials did not immediately respond to see if the property is one of the “stash houses” that was searched for clues to her disappearance.

The blaze was reported around 10 p.m. Saturday at 1819 Old Collins Creek Road in McClellanville, South Carolina, said Chief Mike Bowers with the Awendaw-McClellanville Consolidated Fire District.

The road is south of where federal and local investigators searched for clues in Drexel’s case in 2016."

"An abandoned home that belonged to the family of a suspect in Brittanee Drexel’s disappearance burned down on Saturday evening.

FBI officials did not immediately respond to see if the property is one of the “stash houses” that was searched for clues to her disappearance.

The blaze was reported around 10 p.m. Saturday at 1819 Old Collins Creek Road in McClellanville, South Carolina, said Chief Mike Bowers with the Awendaw-McClellanville Consolidated Fire District.

The road is south of where federal and local investigators searched for clues in Drexel’s case in 2016."

I just saw this earlier and THIS MADE ME SO ANGRY!
If they thought that was the stash house then why didn't they search it Right away when the jail inmate told them about it way back in 2016!

It seriously disgusts me how irresponsibly this case was handled! You would think cops would be ontop of this stuff!

I Still think they should search the remains of the house though! there still might be something left there! I just wish they would have gotten to that sooner!

Always nice to get new people on here who are new to the case. However, there are 20 threads on this case and each one has around 50 pages. That's around 1,000 pages. Many WSers have been "researching" the case for 10 years. The question you've asked has been answered. It's been answered a lot. Answered in articles, on television shows, in interviews...Many of the people on this board have been researching this case for a very long time. It's sometimes difficult for a new person to come in after so much dialogue has already occurred, but because there's so much information on this crime, I might politely suggested that you start from the beginning and read through as much as you can. That's what a lot of us had to do. You'll probably find that your own questions have already been answered, and if they haven't then throw them at us and we'll talk.

1819 Old Collins Creek Road. Interestingly, this is not the first time that address has shown up in this thread. Back in thread 19/post 744 (its on page 38), TIGERFINZ posted that address in relation to the towing company owned by ST. In fact, if you look up "towing in McClellanville SC" on Yelp, that is still the address that comes up for "Shaun's Towing" (formerly Zyreke's Towing).
Top 10 Best Towing near McClellanville, SC 29458 - Last Updated May 2019 - Yelp

I've attached a few images from Google Maps which show that decrepit structure in 2008. As you can see, its part of a larger property with two more contemporary houses set back from the road. Personally, I don't think this is the "stash house" from Brown's story (this is the third candidate for that location I've seen come up -- just shows you how many old, "abandoned" structures there are in that area), but its possible it had some relevance to Brittanee's case. The fire is suspicious to be sure, but may just be another odd coincidence. JMHO.

Attachments

• stash2.jpg
    stash2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 33
  • stash2f.jpg
    stash2f.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 40
  • stash2g.jpg
    stash2g.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 41
  • stash2e.jpg
    stash2e.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 34
1819 Old Collins Creek Road. Interestingly, this is not the first time that address has shown up in this thread. Back in thread 19/post 744 (its on page 38), TIGERFINZ posted that address in relation to the towing company owned by ST. In fact, if you look up "towing in McClellanville SC" on Yelp, that is still the address that comes up for "Shaun's Towing" (formerly Zyreke's Towing).
Top 10 Best Towing near McClellanville, SC 29458 - Last Updated May 2019 - Yelp

I've attached a few images from Google Maps which show that decrepit structure in 2008. As you can see, its part of a larger property with two more contemporary houses set back from the road. Personally, I don't think this is the "stash house" from Brown's story (this is the third candidate for that location I've seen come up -- just shows you how many old, "abandoned" structures there are in that area), but its possible it had some relevance to Brittanee's case. The fire is suspicious to be sure, but may just be another odd coincidence. JMHO.

the Ts house is right there too, I think it's right behind it and I always thought this was the initial location they took her to because her phone was pinging so close and they found the sunglasses back by the river right , Ive always thought that was to the west of this house if you follow google earth .

Obviously.

So, she is brought to Myrtle Beach because somebody has the intention of hooking up with her.

Would that person have a girlfriend?
I think we have all thought the ones that took her had ulterior motives , I think more than likely they might have made a (cough) purchase from a T , I think their actions were a little more than we took a minor over state lines and lost her and I still don't see why they weren't charged with just that .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆