GA GA - Atlanta, BlkMale UP468, 35-55, distinct tattoos, poss. skull/brain surg., Mar'04

bcf

Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 998UMGA
cache.php

Tattoo

Unidentified Black Male

• The victim was discovered on March 8, 2004 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia
  • Estimated Date of Death: Months prior, 2003
  • Decomposed Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 35-55 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'9"-5'10"; 140 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black, braided, about 5" length hair.
    May have had previous skull/brain surgery.
    Possible previous tracheostomy.
  • Clothing: Dark nylon jacket with sipper, dark sweater, blue and black flannel shirt, dark khaki work pants, size 46W, white athletic shoes.
  • Dentals: Available, No restorations. Teeth 10 and 31 have root tips only. Tooth 2 had supererupted and teeth 1 and 2 had migrated mesially. Calculus indicative of dental neglect.
  • DNA: Available in FBI NMPDD
  • Tattoos: "Terree" or "Gerree" on left lateral arm.
    Skull and crossbones on right lateral arm.
    Possible unicorn with possible word "junk" or "juan" on right chest. All done in blue-black ink.

cache.php
cache.php

Victim's tattoos

Case History

The victim was located behind a muffler shop, on Campbellton road in Atlanta, GA on March 8, 2004.

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact:
Fulton County Medical Examiner
Randy Hanzlick
404-730-4407
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
04-0444

NCIC Number:
U-450017103

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
UDRS

Links

Doe Network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/998umga.html
NamUS: https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/468/
(WARNING: Graphic photos of his tattoos)

Estimated weight 140 w/ 46 waist pants? Somewhere there’s an error. 36 waist pants would be baggy on someone that weight/height.

I noticed over the unicorn tattoo looks like there are some letters..
Maybe the capital letters
D and N or
L and N or
D and Y or
L and Y

tatto near unicorn is in greek DON juan and i belive on arm is also somewhat greek lettering zaraee

No additional ruleouts in Namus.

Although this UID had multiple tattoos, I notice that 2 of his 4 ruleouts are Namus MP and neither has tattoos mentioned in their Namus MP report. Also one ruleout is 6'2" when this UID was reportedly 5'9"-5'10" so it appears LE are willing to cast their net wide.

So, taking into account the above I submitted www.doenetwork.org/cases/5023dmmi.html / www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/22825/attachments?nav Jason Taylor Moorer missing from MI since November 2022. Namus says he had a tattoo but does not specify the design; depending on who was reporting him lost they may not have been aware of the chest tattoo. With regards to other medical scars, Jason was a vet and while no old injuries are mentioned, I didn't want to rule out the possibility of scars, surgeries etc given the rest of his file is very thin on detail and once again, knowledge of these things could depend on the relationship of the person who reported him missing. (Thinking along the lines, for example, that if he was reported missing by a landlord that this person may not know anything about Jason except that he had an arm tattoo.)

Anyone else think that the tattoo might be a nickname? A lot of African American folks use their own spelling. I actually look at this tattoo and think it is a misspelling of "Ferrari" and it is actually a nickname. Any missing folks with Ferrari as a nickname? I wonder if it is simply incorrectly written out as 'Ferare' and that the "a" is capitalized.

Just a thought.

1664148263541.png

After looking into this further I think it's a possibility that this John Doe is missing male Kelvin Dennis.

Kelvin: 6'0 - 6'2
John Doe: 5'11

Kelvin: hair in braids
John Doe's hair: black, braided, about 5" length

Kelvin: last seen wearing tennis shoes
John Doe: found wearing athletic white shoes

One final interesting thing of note, John Doe has a possible tattoo of "Terree" on his shoulder. Kelvin resided in Terrebonne Parish County. Could be totally irrelevant, but a possibility nonetheless.

Anyone else think that the tattoo might be a nickname? A lot of African American folks use their own spelling. I actually look at this tattoo and think it is a misspelling of "Ferrari" and it is actually a nickname. Any missing folks with Ferrari as a nickname? I wonder if it is simply incorrectly written out as 'Ferare' and that the "a" is capitalized.

Just a thought.

View attachment 368796
or it could be his last name. many cajun or haitians have french sounding names.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back