Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. The timing wasn’t a coincidence. She probably got home from dropping off the kids, and was surprised by the perpetrator who was already in her home.

And in a neighborhood like that, I’m sure there are no shortage of “Ring” type cameras
You are correct that most homes have wired security but a big issue in New Canaan that the NCPD constantly warns about is to activate the alarms during the day. There is the general sense that the area is safe and that activated alarms aren't needed all the time, cars don't need to be locked and its ok to keep bags and keys in unlocked cars. Families with younger children and pets also are challenged to activate alarms sometimes too and so the NCPD periodically sends out warnings to people to keep their alarms on even when they are home during the day.

There have been a number of spree type robberies of cars over the past few weeks in New Canaan (mainly by gangs from outside the area) and a few cases of daytime robberies of houses. But the crime is largely property based according to recent crime logs. Domestic abuse is an ongoing issue in the area too with report statistics rising every years. Relative affluence doesn't seem to mean the absence of either crime or domestic abuse.

Many people do have motion detected cameras on their property and I hope that JD had this on her driveway at a minimum. Houses in the area are set back from the street and not close together. My hope is either JD had cameras on the driveway or her neighbors had cameras that captured some of the street traffic near their houses. It would surprise me greatly if JD didn't have security in the house given the testimony made in court about not feeling safe. I hope CT State Police and NCPD are all over the CCTV issue!

Plus, even if Jennifer’s neighbors were home at the time, I doubt they’d see or hear anything.

The properties on her street are large, the houses are huge & set back from the road, hidden by tall trees/shrubs and have long driveways.
I wonder if her house has a security system, outside cameras etc. I would think under the circumstances she would be sure it was turned on.
Also, if she had just dropped the kids off at school, where was the nanny. The nanny is the one who drove the children to New City to their grandmothers. I wonder who told her to do that, JD's attorney?

I wonder if her house has a security system, outside cameras etc. I would think under the circumstances she would be sure it was turned on.
Also, if she had just dropped the kids off at school, where was the nanny. The nanny is the one who drove the children to New City to their grandmothers. I wonder who told her to do that, JD's attorney?
The nanny does not live with the family, so her "shift" would not have started until pick up time from school. It is not clear when the kids were brought to their grandmother's apartment, before or after the report was made at 7pm on Friday. It is possible that when they were unable to locate her, the grandmother requested they be brought to her.

not sure if this article has been posted or not, but it's a staggering look into the kind of psycho this poor woman/mom and her kids were dealing with. he's not just a narcissist, he's a psychopath, and it sounds like he tortured her over the course of many years. moo.

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

“I am afraid of my husband,” she said in the application for an emergency ex parte order of custody. “I know that filing for divorce, and filing this motion will enrage him. I know he will retaliate by trying to harm me in some way. He has the attitude that he must always win at all costs. He is dangerous and ruthless when he believes that he has been wronged. During the course of our marriage, he told me about sickening revenge fantasies and plans to cause physical harm to others who have wronged him. For example, flying a plane over an ex-client’s home and dropping a brick on his house. I fear for my family’s safety and I believe him to be highly capable and vengeful enough to take the children and disappear.”

Fotis Dulos, a professional builder who was born in Turkey and raised in Greece, had “made a specific threat to kidnap the children” and “abscond” to Greece or another country weeks earlier, according to Jennifer Dulos, saying he would “take all of the children, disappear” and that “you will never find us.” He had applied for Greek passports for himself and the children and told Jennifer Dulos days before she filed for divorce and custody that he had scheduled an interview at the Greek consulate in New York City, and booked a trip to leave July 1, 2017, she said.

‘This renders her incapable of parenting’

Fotis Dulos denied the accusations in filing his objection to the custody application, saying that he “never physically threatened, stalked or assaulted” his wife, and never threatened to take the kids—though they have traveled back to Greece together annually, as a family.

Rather, Fotis Dulos said, his wife took the kids and left the family’s home in Farmington for New Canaan without warning or notice just after Father’s Day, doing so on a pretext of visiting a gravesite, then immediately filed for divorce and custody, though she herself takes anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medication that “renders her incapable of parenting.”

“Plaintiff/Wife has, on more than one occasion, allowed and/or permitted one of the five children to be lost without police intervention,” Fotis Dulos said in his objection to the custody application, filed June 28, 2017. “One of those occurrences took place outside the United States and a police report was filed in London, England.”

He also denied her accusations that he had illegally purchased a handgun out of the blue, menaced her in front of family or guests or forced their children to participate in waterskiing, to the kids’ detriment."

*(keep reading, at the link. there is way more than just this sick snippet i posted. he also accused her (in court) of telling her kids that she had mafia connections and could have their dad's legs broken. no evidence was ever found that she made such a statement, and he eventually admitted he had fabricated it. what a piece of this guy is. and there's still more @ link.)

Last edited:
Here is a google map of New Canaan, CT which is helpful to see the distance from JD house to Waveny Park and Irwin Park along with the various ponds and reservoirs in the area. Pound Ridge, NY where JD mother house is located is the next town over from New Canaan.

There are a number of ponds and small lakes in the area of JD house such as the New Canaan Reservoir:
Google Maps

Lockwood Pond: Google Maps

Laurel Reservoir: Google Maps

Map of New Canaan: Google Maps

Last edited:
Updated news story from CBS to discuss search of Pound Ridge, NY house owned by JD mother and other details from yesterday searches by police. Article also mentions lack of information found on credit cards which is the first mention I've seen on any forensic work done by police.

Investigation Into Missing Connecticut Woman Shifts To Affluent Westchester County Town

From the article:
"Police haven’t shared much information as they’ve search, but sources confirmed they’re finding no activity from the missing woman’s cellphone or credit cards".

"Investigators are taking close look at her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos. A handyman told Aiello he once had an unpleasant exchange with Dulos about work at the Westchester property".

“Yelling [at] me, and he has a very bad mouth,” Luis Tapia said, adding when asked if Fotis Dulos threatened him, “No, just yelling [at] me.”

"In divorce papers, Jennifer Dulos accused her husband of infidelity, cruelty, and threatening to kidnap the children and take them to Greece".

"He denied the charges, and in a letter filed Tuesday claimed the children are under armed guard at the Fifth Avenue apartment of their maternal grandmother, Gloria Farber, and he wants them returned to him".

Very interesting that if you look at the area surrounding the Pound Ridge, NY house that there is a lake called Mallard Lake in the neighborhood: Google Maps

Last edited:
It has been reported that FD wanted his children to be excellent at water skiing. Does he own a boat? Where did they practice this sport? There must have been somewhere local because they would have to practice whenever the days were warm enough. If he has a boat where is the marina?
Actually, I guess I should be asking are there marinas on these local bodies of water or are they down on Long Island Sound? If he doesn't own a boat would he have access to one?

Last edited:
Updated news story from CBS to discuss search of Pound Ridge, NY house owned by JD mother and other details from yesterday searches by police. Article also mentions lack of information found on credit cards which is the first mention I've seen on any forensic work done by police.

Investigation Into Missing Connecticut Woman Shifts To Affluent Westchester County Town

The missing woman’s parents own a mansion on Mallard Lake Road in Pound Ridge. Police from New Canaan, Conn., visited that property Thursday as they pursue leads in a desperate search for the 50-year-old mother of five, including two sets of twins.

Interesting they were searching the missing woman's parents house? Possibly for financial documents looking into motive?

I’m local to her, and frustrated with the usual CT ‘lack of info’!

Hope she took off on her own and will be back home soon!

I’m also local to the case she has ties
To Farmington and Avon and I don’t
Know why the police in new cannan are not searching those areas as well

I wonder if she works. If so, and she's absent tomorrow, that would probably reduce the likelihood of a voluntary disappearance. At age 50, some of her kids might be old enough to look after themselves (and their siblings) for a few days. I'm guessing that the lack of information points to a relationship problem and that LE is trying to be discreet? Hope she turns up safe today.

I believe her children are younger I think she had them later in life according to a blog post screen shot on the fb page discussion from 2012 her oldest was only 7 so 14 I believe is the age of her oldest child right now

not sure if this article has been posted or not, but it's a staggering look into the kind of psycho this poor woman/mom and her kids were dealing with. he's not just a narcissist, he's a psychopath, and it sounds like he tortured her over the course of many years. moo.

Accusations of Threats, Lying, Manipulation in Missing New Canaan Woman’s Divorce Case

“I am afraid of my husband,” she said in the application for an emergency ex parte order of custody. “I know that filing for divorce, and filing this motion will enrage him. I know he will retaliate by trying to harm me in some way. He has the attitude that he must always win at all costs. He is dangerous and ruthless when he believes that he has been wronged. During the course of our marriage, he told me about sickening revenge fantasies and plans to cause physical harm to others who have wronged him. For example, flying a plane over an ex-client’s home and dropping a brick on his house. I fear for my family’s safety and I believe him to be highly capable and vengeful enough to take the children and disappear.”

Fotis Dulos, a professional builder who was born in Turkey and raised in Greece, had “made a specific threat to kidnap the children” and “abscond” to Greece or another country weeks earlier, according to Jennifer Dulos, saying he would “take all of the children, disappear” and that “you will never find us.” He had applied for Greek passports for himself and the children and told Jennifer Dulos days before she filed for divorce and custody that he had scheduled an interview at the Greek consulate in New York City, and booked a trip to leave July 1, 2017, she said.

‘This renders her incapable of parenting’

Fotis Dulos denied the accusations in filing his objection to the custody application, saying that he “never physically threatened, stalked or assaulted” his wife, and never threatened to take the kids—though they have traveled back to Greece together annually, as a family.

Rather, Fotis Dulos said, his wife took the kids and left the family’s home in Farmington for New Canaan without warning or notice just after Father’s Day, doing so on a pretext of visiting a gravesite, then immediately filed for divorce and custody, though she herself takes anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety medication that “renders her incapable of parenting.”

“Plaintiff/Wife has, on more than one occasion, allowed and/or permitted one of the five children to be lost without police intervention,” Fotis Dulos said in his objection to the custody application, filed June 28, 2017. “One of those occurrences took place outside the United States and a police report was filed in London, England.”

He also denied her accusations that he had illegally purchased a handgun out of the blue, menaced her in front of family or guests or forced their children to participate in waterskiing, to the kids’ detriment."

*(keep reading, at the link. there is way more than just this sick snippet i posted. he also accused her (in court) of telling her kids that she had mafia connections and could have their dad's legs broken. no evidence was ever found that she made such a statement, and he eventually admitted he had fabricated it. what a piece of **** this guy is. and there's still more @ link.)

Very informative mistress is also named.

She’s gone-I don’t think there is any doubt, especially since they found some blood in her New Canaan home, and evidence that it’s been cleaned up (except, of course, the small amount that they found)
Hit men don’t usually stay and clean up crime scenes. From what I have read he is narcissistic and controlling and the “hands on” type and thinks he’s smart enough to get away with it. This is personal so it’s more likely to be either him, the GF at his urging or both.MOO

Hit men don’t usually stay and clean up crime scenes. From what I have read he is narcissistic and controlling and the “hands on” type and thinks he’s smart enough to get away with it. This is personal so it’s more likely to be either him, the GF at his urging or both.MOO
And. I think he would not be bothered if people think he did it, he would get satisfaction out of knowing that so far at least, they can't prove it. He knows he is more clever than the average LE in his mind.

From the nypost
Jennifer complained in a court filing that the family’s health insurance lapsed “due to defendant’s [Fotis’] failure to pay” and that she was “unable to take the children to certain medical appointments” — to which Fotis allegedly replied she should “pay out of pocket.”
Yep. This is about vindictiveness and money. He could be vindictive and selfish for years, dragging out the divorce and making her life hell. But when she called attention to fishy financials.....she disappeared. I don't think that is a coincidence.

I don't rule out the role of a mistress as a potential perp/motive, but for now, I think this is about $$ and vindictiveness. My armchair opinion only. (And I hope the mistress is running away from this situation fast, if she is not involved.)

jmopinion at the moment.

The kids live with Jennifer on weekdays, but one provision could allow Fotis to take them now that the mom is out of the picture.
“If either parent will not be with the minor children for an overnight during his or her parenting, the other parent shall have the option of having that overnight with the children,” the stipulation reads.
Yes, I'm worried about his rights as the only parent who is now present. I hope the judge is wise and I hope that word "option" is used to the fullest advantage.

jmo

I've considered that myself. It happened in my area, also with a very wealthy couple.

This is horrendous, I can't believe this awful man would even bring in a mistress to live with them. He's truly an entitled monster who thinks he's due everything he wants, one way or the other. And even borrows millions from her parents, and keeps it because he can, and forces his own children to become expert water-skiers because that's what HE wants.

I very much hope authorities nail this creep.
I feel so sorry for what Jennifer Dulos had to deal with, and especially for their children who most likely have lost their loving mother.

How about what kind of woman who would move herself and her child into the boyfriend’s home, where the wife and 5 kids currently live? Wth?? What is wrong with this man and his mistress? Sociopaths everywhere in this, it looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam