Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
NG continued:

Alex's Lawyer is claiming he is coming forward and wants to do right by the family by giving up the location of the body.
Hell No! he did it to save his own skin
If he wanted to help the family:
First don't commit the crime!!!
Second- don't wait until murder charges have been filed to come forward w/ location details.
Only after he is charged and they take the DP off the table he gives info

NG does not see a guilty plea in this. She thinks after 2 week behind bars
he is going to fight this and put the parents through compete hell
NG said she would of held out and found that body so the DP can still be on the table

Alex was combative during arrest
He refused to put his hands behind his head
A deputy had to take each arm to cuff him as he tried to pull away
assisted to ground (we know what that means)

Talks
about evidence- Broken bloody knife/PVC pipe/Bloody cloths etc
COD- can they determine from 5 day of decomp
Yes it's possible depending on the condition of the body
Guessing PVC pipe was to beat this girl (hard to write)
Could a brutal beating cause the amount of blood found? -Certainly can- it could be internal bleeding

Can't explain the suit and tie- (still a mystery- I really wanted that answer)

Also talks search efforts.

That pretty much sums it up.

I read a link that said they had confirmed they know the cause of death now but are not releasing it at this time

Agree. Just get him to plead guilty and ship him to the DOC orientation program where he will be introduced to his new life, the life he chose.
He’ll quickly learn not one person cares about him or his welfare in the state system-the attention, interrogation, visits from LE/attys, welfare checks all go away. He truly becomes a number. How he chooses to do his time is up to him. He has the rest of his life to figure that out.
It’s interesting how these type of criminals end up living life exactly the way they fought against. No freedom, rules,

<modsnip: quoted post was removed as off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I remember the phone and board but forgot the hat. I am sure LE tried to track him with that item.

I am not sure of that at all. He was found by law enforcement very, very quickly- if I recall correctly, only 5 hours after Lizzy was reported missing. There was no need for dogs to track him, the dogs were tracking Lizzy.
It is possible that the dogs found the place where he took her and murdered her- from her house to that school parking they were tracking living human, and from the school to the place Lizzy was buried, they were supposed to track dead body.

NG continued:

Alex's Lawyer is claiming he is coming forward and wants to do right by the family by giving up the location of the body.
Hell No! he did it to save his own skin
If he wanted to help the family:
First don't commit the crime!!!
Second- don't wait until murder charges have been filed to come forward w/ location details.
Only after he is charged and they take the DP off the table he gives info

NG does not see a guilty plea in this. She thinks after 2 week behind bars
he is going to fight this and put the parents through compete hell
NG said she would of held out and found that body so the DP can still be on the table

Alex was combative during arrest
He refused to put his hands behind his head
A deputy had to take each arm to cuff him as he tried to pull away
assisted to ground (we know what that means)

Talks
about evidence- Broken bloody knife/PVC pipe/Bloody cloths etc
COD- can they determine from 5 day of decomp
Yes it's possible depending on the condition of the body
Guessing PVC pipe was to beat this girl (hard to write)
Could a brutal beating cause the amount of blood found? -Certainly can- it could be internal bleeding

Can't explain the suit and tie- (still a mystery- I really wanted that answer)

Also talks search efforts.

That pretty much sums it up.
If he was at a wedding he ruined that happy day for the couple too!

yeah, or maybe had no clean clothes and that was all that was left. Moo
Or maybe he started out with good intentions.. got 'dressed up' to go and spend time with his sister since she had issued an invitation to him to visit? But didn't that neighborhood person confirm that all 3 of them had attended a family wedding earlier in the evening? Was that wrong info?

D76qYR5XUAApQad.jpg:large

ABC4 News‏Verified account @abc4utah 2m2 minutes ago
Vigil planned Sunday in memory of Lizzy Shelley https://www.abc4.com/news/local-news/vigil-planned-sunday-in-memory-of-lizzy-shelley/2042509510 …

OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 News)- The community of Ogden is coming together Sunday to honor 5-year-old Elizabeth Shelley.
A vigil is planned from 6 to 7 p.m. at 2549 Washington Blvd. in Ogden.
The organizer asks those planning on attending to bring candles.

Thank you, is the spot where he was caught on video at approx 6;45am also shown on your map?
The first address is ES home. The second is the school where items were found, the third is the beer can drop, I believe the 4th is a sighting of him that early morning when his pants appeared wet according to some, the 5th may also have been a sighting (I was mapping as events were unfolding) the 6th is the Landfill, 7th is the convenience store and the last is the meat plant (he worked there at one point according to a sleuther). I will go back and confirm the addresses. When I first posted it, she had not yet been found.

Or maybe he started out with good intentions.. got 'dressed up' to go and spend time with his sister since she had issued an invitation to him to visit? But didn't that neighborhood person confirm that all 3 of them had attended a family wedding earlier in the evening? Was that wrong info?
it wasn't confirmed.

I’m overly confused!

One point I wish to make, I’m deeply disturbed LE nation wide disregard warrants for probation violations. Generally the person is stopped for a traffic infraction or disorderly conduct incident & arrested. Or murder, like here. I worked for a state drug court program. In 23 years not once did we have an awol person with a valid reason. Not once! When they skip meetings, counseling & miss or quit work, they are using.
IMO, a person in violation of probation poses a high risk to society, not necessarily to this degree but once they start using again, they need money & more drugs, they’re to going to do whatever it takes to get both. Moo
Ummmm, makes a lot of sense -- especially coming from someone with 23 years of experience -- thanks for the insight.

IMO, it would be so easy on the street, probably hanging with those who have similar situations and no or very little family support, to succumb to drugs and/or other illegal activities. Coming up to bat with two strikes already. It's got to be difficult to walk the straight and narrow without something/someone to look forward to doing or seeing -- but some people do, thank goodness.
If not going back to jail is a real goal, how hard can it be to see your P/O? It's gotta be difficult, but possible for someone to avoid that area where drugs are easy to find. Only the strong would survive that scenario, IMO. In jail or prison, you get a clean bed and clothes, daily meals, maybe a few pals, and probably drugs as well.
And the drugs may well be closer in distance and easier to find than going to your job every day, and seeing your P/O every time, especially if you are struggling.
No excuses, to be sure, but there it is, seems to me.

My first posting, like others I joined WS after reading about this case in the news over the weekend.

I know people have thrown around a number of ideas re motive. Forgive me if someone else already mentioned this and I missed it. I would wonder if he was exposed to adult sexual activity throughout his unstable childhood. This is CSA though many who’ve been so exposed don’t realize it is incestuous for parents/guardians to have sexual contact in front of or in earshot of children. The sister getting frisky is no excuse for murder yet it may have brought forth an enraged, neglected ego state from his childhood. Substances could facilitate switching.
Another thought is whether his mom was a better grandma to Lizzy than mom to him, he was still a teen when she was born. That may have seeded resentment and rivalry.
Just my thoughts on this.

Great post! And very good and interesting remarks!

Stairs or not stairs is inconsequential, I'm not sure if the home has 2 floors or not. Just asking if possible if ES had become awakened when dad went to bed, then when fully awake, made her way to go and watch TV.. and there was Uncle Alex.

What time are you suggesting she went to watch TV? Parents last saw her at 2am.

So you are thinking she was watching TV after 2am in the morning? Also, she went to bed with clothes on (not PJ's) that tells me Lizzy was tired. too tired to put on PJ's .

I don't think parents would allow that.

Its been awhile since I had little one's at her age, but mine never watched TV that early in the am when they were young. Earliest was around 7am on the weekends.

Stairs are important to me because of the distance from the couch to the bedroom. MOO

What time are you suggesting she went to watch TV? Parents last saw her at 2am.

So you are thinking she was watching TV after 2am in the morning? Also, she went to bed with clothes on (not PJ's) that tells me Lizzy was tired. too tired to put on PJ's .

I don't think parents would allow that.

Its been awhile since I had little one's at her age, but mine never watched TV that early in the am when they were young. Earliest was around 7am on the weekends.

Stairs are important to me because of the distance from the couch to the bedroom. MOO

Here is my original post, just take out the stairs if there are no stairs. ETA: the stairs was not the gist of my post. Parents reported she'd gone to bed at 9pm, so she conceivably could've been jarred from sleep at 2am, fully wakening by say 3am, and perhaps thinking it was early morning already, headed to watch TV - many kids do this if they awaken before their parents in the am (she wouldn't know what time it was). My point is that it may have been a whole sequence of unfortunate events and/or decisions all around, not known until after the fact.

Is it possible that when dad (DB) went to bed (at 1 or 2am according to his 911 call), it jarred ES's sleep (it was said in the charging documents that ES's bed was right next to her parents' bedroom door), she ultimately fully awoke a bit later, went downstairs perhaps to watch TV (which may or may not have still been on and making some noise?), where unbeknownst to her, AW was supposed to be sleeping on the couch (presumably where the TV was, since he and the parents had earlier been playing video games together), and whatever happened, happened from there? It seems plausible to me based on the time (6:45am) that AW was first seen (AFAIK) on video, alone and after the fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member