Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jmo but usually when there is a suspect but not enough to charge, everyone in town “knows” who did it. Not getting that impression here at all.
I'm thinking he's not from Delphi proper but the surrounding area. Also, I don't feel the decent people of Delphi and area interact with this kind of guy and the ones that do, are too frightened to talk. Of course this is MOO and based on my present theory of the crime. I could have another one tomorrow just to drive you all crazy :)

What are everyone’s opinions/thoughts on this: Did BG return to the crime scene from the time of the murders until LE finished processing it?
If so, when do you think he has revisited?
MOO
My guess is, he slithered out of there like a ghost when the evil deed was done and watched the commotion on the tv or maybe even his phone. I also think he was moving around town quickly that day looking for his opportunity to strike. All MOO.

Jmo but usually when there is a suspect but not enough to charge, everyone in town “knows” who did it. Not getting that impression here at all.

Nor am I. I saw someone someplace write "just talk to the locals, they know what happened." Erm, I beg to differ. With our Brookelyn Farthing case, we know what happened. We know who did it and why. You could pretty much go into any town in a 3-county radius here and most random people would be able to tell you what the lowdown is. It's an open secret. No so, however, in Delphi. Most of the people I know there don't have a theory about it at ALL. And the ones who do still don't have a particular person in mind. In the various SM groups and online forums there are people who are coming up with "POIs", but these are internet theories. These names aren't being passed around on the rumor mill in Delphi-at least not widely.

This doesn't seem to be one of those cases where the people close to the case, or town, unofficially know what happened and who did it. There's no real "inside information" about this being passed around the community. People really seem to be flummoxed. That kind of makes it scarier.

MOO MOO MOO he entered he park and left the park from the south side even if parked at the CPS - this would indicate
intensive local knowledge, the kind of knowledge that teens growing up in an area have. The MHB bridge is just two miles from high school on the south side -
MOO again, looking at the area I think the snowbirds at the end of CR625 might regularly had to battle teens wanting to park at their place when they were gone and walk down to the bridge area.
Maybe the snowbirds solved their parking issue with a barrier or cameras, but the killer knowing the area still wanted the cover for his approach possible by coming from the south side of the park.

BBM

Not limited to teens. Anyone who's spent enough time around the park can figure that out.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I remember when it was fresh, billboards were placed across the nation. I wonder if they still believe he could be somewhere else, considering their focus on Delphi?

My unscientific and subjective gut feeling tells me he is a long ways away.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOO MOO MOO he entered he park and left the park from the south side even if parked at the CPS - this would indicate
intensive local knowledge, the kind of knowledge that teens growing up in an area have. The MHB bridge is just two miles from high school on the south side -
MOO again, looking at the area I think the snowbirds at the end of CR625 might regularly had to battle teens wanting to park at their place when they were gone and walk down to the bridge area.
Maybe the snowbirds solved their parking issue with a barrier or cameras, but the killer knowing the area still wanted the cover for his approach possible by coming from the south side of the park.
I'm a little unsure how I feel about BG parking, entering, and exiting the trail from the south. The only reason for him doing that would be if he was namely there to hike. This makes having a weapon already on him less likely, IMO. But if he did plan to kill somebody that day, why would he cross the bridge, knowing his main route back would be to cross it again? And why cross it at all if he planned to kill on the south side of the bridge? Yet we know he did cross, because he followed them from north to south.

Also, why lead the girls to the north side of the creek, only to have to cross it again on his exit?

He wouldn't have been able to see the girls dropped off, either, so that would mean he simply ran into them somewhere on or to the north of the bridge and turned around to get them.

I agree that the road to the south makes for a good parking spot, but I question the rest. JMO, of course, and I've thought a lot about this scenario.

Motive is the biggest puzzle. If LE really has a lot more audio, wouldn’t the “why” of BG going after the girls have been recognized? And if not, wouldn’t LE have just said something like, to the best of our knowledge, the BG didn’t seem to have a reason?

What harm to the investigation would come from LE giving that clue? I don’t recall them ever saying for sure that the girls did not know who BG was, or at least recognize him in some way.

If someone was marching you down a hill, even with a gun, wouldn’t you ask why? Or, did the girls already know they were heading somewhere with BG, and perhaps at that point still not realize it was about to go terribly wrong? Maybe to find a scavenger hunt item, look for something dropped, even to secretly go try their first joint or a can of beer? I know, I know, they were good kids, but... they were also young teens exploring independence.
IMO the investigators know the killer's motive by the way in which the physical crime of murder was committed.

I don't remember if LE stated that the murderer was driving the vehicle that was seen at the abandoned building. (Although, I don't believe it was coincidence that at the same time we have a new sketch, we have new concern for a previously undisclosed vehicle.) LE may accounted for almost all of the owners of vehicles parked in the regular parking lots that afternoon. I believe the murderer probably had the girls sometime between 2:30 and 3:00 and that they were dead by 3:30. If that is so he likely left the area VERY soon after and was gone by 4:00, if not a half hour earlier. I don't see him still parked there at 5:00. Of course, (1) the 5:00 time may include a 'fudge factor' by LE OR (2) he stuck around briefly to see if there was any commotion by a parent or parents - i.e., to gloat to himself.

BBM

In this article they state that it was BG's vehicle that was parked at the old govt building. They later retracted the date and said that it was on the 13th, but it WAS stated that he parked there...

Police release all-new sketch, video and audio of Delphi double murder suspect

Carter says they're looking for a vehicle that belongs to the suspect, but they didn't give us a description.

They say it was parked at the CPS/DCS welfare building in Delphi between noon to five on February 14, 2017.

Later, this was said:

Mystery deepens as officials search for 'key' in girls' murders

Officials also said a car was left in the parking lot of an abandoned building in Delphi on the afternoon the girls were killed.

Police are now looking for anyone who can provide descriptions of cars in the lot at that time.

The building has since been demolished and the lot is empty, police said.

Carter did not elaborate on the car's involvement in the case. But Garrett said he believes investigators either just learned about the car recently or were unable to find the driver.

"Maybe this car has taken on a different significance in this investigation," he said.

Here's something else. Carter has been very clear that the sketch isn't a photo and that it may not look exactly like BG. Here, it's said to be a "ballpark estimation."

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

In vague terms, Bryant told the Star the image was based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported. The sketch is a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

BBM

In this article they state that it was BG's vehicle that was parked at the old govt building. They later retracted the date and said that it was on the 13th, but it WAS stated that he parked there...

Later, this was said:

Here's something else. Carter has been very clear that the sketch isn't a photo and that it may not look exactly like BG. Here, it's said to be a "ballpark estimation."

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says
That d*mn car...I so badly want it to be BG's.

BBM

Later, this was said:

Unless I missed it, LE has never said the vehicle belongs to BG. DC certainly never said so when he mentioned it at the PC. I'm guessing a reporter made an unsupported assumption.

I remember when it was fresh, billboards were placed across the nation. I wonder if they still believe he could be somewhere else, considering their focus on Delphi?

My unscientific and subjective gut feeling tells me he is a long ways away.
I think LE is making some high-percentage assumptions about BG. But the plethora of LE agencies involved in the Closs case also made assumptions about the murderer which later were proven to be mistaken. The longer the Delphi murders go unsolved, the more I'm inclined to think LE will be proven wrong about their assumptions. Maybe nobody recognizes BG. Maybe nobody is hesitant to go to LE about what they know. Maybe BG's connection to Delphi is less substantial than LE thinks. Who knows?

I'm curious what makes LE say he got around quickly after the murders. The meaning of that statement is elusive. Did they mean get out of the woods quickly, by foot? Out of the trail area completely, by vehicle?

RSBM & BBM

Perhaps they feel this way because Libby's phoned pinged around town for a time that afternoon? I started reading over thread 1 and the pinging is mentioned within the first few pages, however, some of the supporting articles are no longer available.
I do remember Libby's Grandfather was the one who mentioned it. JMO

BBM

Later, this was said:

I could be mistaken but I don't believe Carter actually said they're looking for a vehicle that belongs to the suspect. I believe the media assumed that, and wrote it that way, (initially I assumed that as well) but in the 4/22 PC those are not the words he used. He may have said that elsewhere but I've never been able to find out where or if he did.

RSBM & BBM

Perhaps they feel this way because Libby's phoned pinged around town for a time that afternoon? I started reading over thread 1 and the pinging is mentioned within the first few pages, however, some of the supporting articles are no longer available.
I do remember Libby's Grandfather was the one who mentioned it. JMO
Thanks for the suggestion! This was mentioned early on, you're right. But I think it's since been discussed that the phone's signal was simply bouncing off towers and never left the crime scene. JMO

I could be mistaken but I don't believe Carter actually said they're looking for a vehicle that belongs to the suspect. I believe the media assumed that, and wrote it that way, (initially I assumed that as well) but in the 4/22 PC those are not the words he used. He may have said that elsewhere but I've never been able to find out where or if he did.

Yes, I addressed this in a following post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member