Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing a familiar voice could connect to a voice you "know" from a radio. Is YBG someone whose voice would be on local-semi local broadcasts? An infinite number of wonderings connect to this nightmarish case.
MOO

Or maybe he's never actually heard NewBG's voice at all, but he knows one of his relatives and can hear the similarity. He just hasn't placed it yet.

I keep going back to RL interview on 2/17/17 with Katie Cox.

When they said the two girls were missing I never thought the worst said Logan I just figured well they got into the car and got with someone else like teenagers do.

Got into what car? And got with someone else besides the person they was with?

This statement will not leave my mind

Hearing a familiar voice could connect to a voice you "know" from a radio. Is YBG someone whose voice would be on local-semi local broadcasts? An infinite number of wonderings connect to this nightmarish case.
MOO

This makes sense to me. Years ago, in the age of live DJs 24/7/365, I worked in a tuxedo rental store. The DJs were on the charity-fundraising-dinner circuit and would come in to be fitted for the events.

The were generally surprised when I knew their on-air names. Generally, people would know that the voice was familiar but didn't quickly realize why.

Radio may be the answer.

<deleted by me>

It sounds like a perfectly reasonable statement, to me. Teenagers can be a bit flighty. If he didn’t know them really well, he might have not known their exact ages—might have thought that one was old enough to drive, or that one might have had a friend who could drive. (Who might be the ‘someone else,’ of course.)

When they said the two girls were missing I never thought the worst said Logan I just figured well they got into the car and got with someone else like teenagers do.

I have been pondering about the disguise factor. I believe he could have very well have been in disguise. If so, I hope someone in law enforcement has looked at someone that has been in musicals or plays. Maybe someone that would have access to disguise accessories. MOO

This quote has been said before.
Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened.”

Then followed by this below might refer to why LE wanted the driver of the car to come forward. Without hearing the actual interview we don’t know the questions Riley was asked but I wonder if he was responding to two different questions and the quotes were combined in the media report.

The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

What information is LE looking for from people other than to solve the crime? The possibility that maybe LE talked to the murderer and got the information necessary to file charges but just can’t be bothered to check it out is about as incompetent as it gets. I don’t think Riley would be haphazardly suggesting that at all.

But the confusing way it’s written is just sheer sloppiness on behalf of the reporter IMO. I don’t know, maybe it’s purpose is to get more clicks from the general public following this case, attempting to figure out what it’s supposed to mean.

I interpret this as they probably interviewed BG. When they did BG gave an alibi. Now, for some reason, there is doubt about that alibi and they are going back and checking on it. Maybe they said they were at work and they were, but they failed to mention they left early or got there late.

I interpret this as they probably interviewed BG. When they did BG gave an alibi. Now, for some reason, there is doubt about that alibi and they are going back and checking on it. Maybe they said they were at work and they were, but they failed to mention they left early or got there late.
But then why not go back and re interview BG or test his DNA? Why the public plea for tips?

This makes sense to me. Years ago, in the age of live DJs 24/7/365, I worked in a tuxedo rental store. The DJs were on the charity-fundraising-dinner circuit and would come in to be fitted for the events.

The were generally surprised when I knew their on-air names. Generally, people would know that the voice was familiar but didn't quickly realize why.

Radio may be the answer.

It might be. Could be a sports announcer for school events too. You’d hear them, but not necessarily see them.

But then why not go back and re interview BG or test his DNA? Why the public plea for tips?

I really don’t know. Maybe his coworkers said he was at work all day, but LE has a witness that says they saw him and they’d like additional people that should’ve seen him to come forward. Maybe they don’t have DNA from BG. Maybe they do have DNA and BG can explain why it was there. I do lean towards they know BG in some way. I was just giving a hypothetical.

This baffles me as well. Unless there were several (or many) alibis which weren't found to be true.

And then some people give false alibis for various reasons.

I don't know but there seems to be something in what the L.E. said that they are digging at. I have no idea what it is.

That's a tough one that could mean something significant or nothing at all and there's really no way to tell. On the one hand, we know that a car is somehow involved (the one parked at the old govt building) but we don't know what role it played. Maybe it just belonged to a witness. Maybe RL really did see someone in a car and somehow connected it to the girls.

On the other hand...

My relatives up there say weird things like that all the time and it stumps me. They'll use "the" instead of "a" and it will confuse me because I'll think they're talking about something specific. "Well, they went to the restaurant." "Which restaurant?" "Well how should I know?" You know, when there's like 10 restaurants they could be at. Or when something is completely out of context and I'll just assume that I missed part of the conversation. Since we don't know what RL's experiences are, it's hard to say why he made that comment. In his world, though, maybe he hears about sneaky teens who miss curfews and ride off with friends when they're meant to be going home. He's lived there a long time. He knows young people go to the park. He may have even known there were others there that day. Maybe that was just his clunky way of saying, "I never thought they were hurt or dead, I just figured someone they knew came along and they went for a ride."

Like you, though, I've thought about this a lot. Would love to have it clarified. It's either REALLY important or not important at all.

We don't know if they have DNA that belongs to the killer. If they do, they haven't found a match. If he can't be linked through DNA they either need a confession from the killer or solid information from someone/anyone about BG that will link him to the murders. They need that proverbial "one tip." JMO

This baffles me as well. Unless there were several (or many) alibis which weren't found to be true.

And then some people give false alibis for various reasons.

I don't know but there seems to be something in what the L.E. said that they are digging at. I have no idea what it is.

BBM - I agree. I have no idea either and can only speculate. I do have a theory and, if correct, those statements would sort of fit.

Radio may be the answer.

Or someone at church. Now with the weekend upon us, maybe someone reading this is local to Delphi, and this will bring some new possibilities to mind as to a possible suspect. What church? {shrug} Who knows? For those who go to church frequently, there are a number of voices one hears each week... Could be someone right near the door, handing you a church bulletin with announcements, etc. Could be someone standing near the coffee or the donuts. (Yeah, that close.) Could be...someone in the choir room (creepy thought, if it's someone that nearby). Maybe someone only semi-familiar and only well-known enough to say Good morning!, or... say (thinking out-loud here) someone making announcements, or leading the music/the worship (all MOO), or even... (grasping at straws here) could it be? Someone giving the message? Up on the platform? A youth pastor/sponsor, or children's minister? (Now that's extra-creepy, if it were someone in a trusted position like...that.)

Creepy, but...certainly not impossible.

Probably (again, MOO) the last place most people would think to look for a suspect. Great place to blend in...:eek::(

"Hiding in.plain.sight..."

n. b. Just had this thought -- a church (and the various people who work there) would be an excellent place to "blend in", since many who work/volunteer at churches are very trusting souls (my general observations only; others may have different experiences), and... maybe...maybe someone at a church who might even occasionally see the suspect would immediately rush to cover for them: Him? Can't even imagine it -- why, he's not.that.kind.of.person. So trusting, perhaps, that they're missing a person right in front of them...
--
Church on Sunday. Murder on Monday. (sounds like a book title, but...also sounds creepily possible.)

Then followed by this below might refer to why LE wanted the driver of the car to come forward. Without hearing the actual interview we don’t know the questions Riley was asked but I wonder if he was responding to two different questions and the quotes were combined in the media report.

The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."

What information is LE looking for from people other than to solve the crime? The possibility that maybe LE talked to the murderer and got the information necessary to file charges but just can’t be bothered to check it out is about as incompetent as it gets. I don’t think Riley would be haphazardly suggesting that at all.

But the confusing way it’s written is just sheer sloppiness on behalf of the reporter IMO. I don’t know, maybe it’s purpose is to get more clicks from the general public following this case, attempting to figure out what it’s supposed to mean.

I agree. That is very confusing. When I read it for the first time I though he was talking about the person who originally gave the description of the current suspect/ car parked at the abandoned building.....Then I went back and read it a few more times and thought no, he's talking about someone else....Now I don't know how to take that statement.

We're over a month past the 'new direction' of the case and no movement on the new sketch, revised audio and video. Of course, LE has over 1K in tips since then and they may have not been able to follow up on all of them.

CrimeCon is happening within the next month in New Orleans. I expect this will be covered there as well and maybe another minor bump in the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam