Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody else see the Maryland plate on the Black SUV STBX was driving to leave the property with police on the video? Wonder what the Maryland connection is here? I'm not 100% certain it was Maryland so please correct me if I'm wrong here.
I think you are correct on the Maryland tags. I lived in MD for 6 years just recently and it looks like their latest license plate with the flag along the bottom. Marylanders love their flag.

I wonder if his car was siezed by LE and is being processed? We haven't heard much from any investigation in Farmington so far as I know. Does anyone know how MD identifies rental cars on the license plates? Where did the rental car idea come up tonight? I wonder if STBX or mistress own property in MD and so he has a car registered in the State?
The rental car theory came from the fact that he was driving a vehicle that appeared to have Maryland plates.

We haven’t heard about a Maryland connection as far as he or Jennifer goes, so it was odd.

I’ve rented cars that have have plates from distant states, so I do think that’s a plausible explanation for his vehicle having Maryland tags.

Perhaps his vehicle was seized, as you say, and he had to rent.

From the DM site when did he change from shorts into long pants and boots?? His body language from the photos reminds me of Chris Watts...jmo

i was just coming here to say that. i immediately thought of chris watts' body language (to a T! - hands on hips, one arm above head, rubbing his head/neck) when i saw those photos in dm. very telling, if you ask me. wow! so very interesting. i love watching body language videos, so i hope an expert does one on this guy. moo.

Last edited:
The rental car theory came from the fact that he was driving a vehicle that appeared to have Maryland plates.

We haven’t heard about a Maryland connection as far as he or Jennifer goes, so it was odd.

I’ve rented cars that have have plates from distant states, so I do think that’s a plausible explanation for his vehicle having Maryland tags.

Perhaps his vehicle was seized, as you say, and he had to rent.
Reminds me of when I rented a car in CT to drive to Boston to visit my son, who went to college there & lived there for 6 yrs.

Massachusetts drivers are notorious for being “rude drivers”, especially to out-of-state drivers.

But this Day was even worse. As soon I crossed the state line, I was given “the finger”, cut off several times, etc.

After I picked up my son and we were driving around Boston (which is even worse than the Mass Turnpike), I said to him that I thought the Boston drivers were much ruder than usual.

He said: “Mom, it’s cuz you have New York plates! You know how Bostonians feel about New Yorkers!!”

NY & Boston have had an on-going feud since the beginning of the N.Y. Yankees and the Boston Red Sox.

Try going to a Yankees vs Red Sox game and watch the fights taking place in the cheapest, way out-field seats! lol

Reminds me of when I rented a car in CT to drive to Boston to visit my son, who went to college there & lived there for 6 yrs.

Massachusetts drivers are notorious for being “rude drivers”, especially to out-of-state drivers.

But this Day was even worse. As soon I crossed the state line, I was given “the finger”, cut off several times, etc.

After I picked up my son and we were driving around Boston (which is even worse than the Mass Turnpike), I said to him that I thought the Boston drivers were much ruder than usual.

He said: “Mom, it’s cuz you have New York plates! You know how Bostonians feel about New Yorkers!!”

NY & Boston have had an on-going feud since the beginning of the N.Y. Yankees and the Boston Red Sox.

Try going to a Yankees vs Red Sox game and watch the fights taking place in the cheapest, way out-field seats! lol
Ha! That’s hilarious.

The animosity peaked around 2003, and quieted down once we broke that damn curse.

The locations where we have had searches: New Canaan, CT (Dulos rental house, Waveny Park, Irwin Park), Hartford, CT (2 downtown locations today) and Pound Ridge, NY (house of JD mother). Its unclear if Farmington locations (if any) were searched. It was also unclear to me whether STBX and mistress were in the house where they were interviewed by the police or if they were in another location in the area and drove to the house to be interviewed. I'm curious how many properties he has in Farmington and whether the mistress has her own house or lives with him or whether she has family in the area. Lots of unanswered location questions that I hope the press pursue. Also, why was he driving a car with a Maryland plate? We have seen no commentary about any connection to Maryland.

The location on your map which I don't understand is Canaan. Today the reporter in Hartford seemed confused in his live commentary when he kept calling New Canaan simply Canaan. But the reporter seemed to correct himself in the end and stopped calling New Canaan by the name Canaan. I wrote this off to a simple error as he was processing so much information on the scene and it was clear the people in the studio were talking in his ear so he had a rough time I thought. Canaan so far as I know has no tie in to the case. Correct me if I'm wrong here please!
I am from Hartford and you are correct.

I wonder if the scenario is as follows:
FD confronted JD at home at around 8:30 or so just after she came back from dropping the kids at school. She was getting ready for her 11:00 appt. Something happened and she was killed, intentionally or not. FD called someone to come help and while waiting, attempted to clean up. Depending on how long she was dead in that house, cadaver dogs could have made a hit (1 1/2 to 2 hours).
The person arrives, takes the body in their own vehicle and any evidence like her phone, weapon, clothing and leaves and has disposed of her body almost anywhere from New Canaan to Hartford. That person then returns and moves her car to Waveny Pond.
That person takes her phone, and any other small evidence and disposes those items somewhere in the reported area of Hartford, dumpster, sewer et.
My question is, how and on what evidence did CSP ask Htfd police to check that precise sewer?
I think if the person who discarded the evidence in that area is the key to unraveling this.
I also think FD had the money to pay for this and would never have done it himself. He would always way to remain above the actual messy details.

@otto, why are you lost? Your map looks fine for getting from Hartford to New Canaan. I think 84 is closer to Farmington though (Hartford folks chime in here) and sometimes the traffic around Hartford can be a mess depending on time of day so it might be easier to hop onto 84 and then shift over to another highway a bit further south.

You picked a typical route using the Merritt Pkwy. to get from Hartford to New Canaan. Alternative is 84 (longer overall I believe but closer entry to Farmington I think but a bit further away from New Canaan vs Merritt option when you head south) and then use 7 or backroads such as 57/123 to get to New Canaan via Ridgefield or Wilton. Can also do 95 and connect to the Merritt in Norwalk or Milford. There really is no easy staight shot to Hartford from Fairfield County. Many take 95/91 option and feel its the fastest route but on any given day things can change drastically with traffic/accidents etc. A good portion of Merritt in Fairfield County is undergoing construction and delays have been ongoing and at times backups last for miles. Morning commuting on the Merritt is very slow with the afternoon rush hour now starting around 2:30-3pm heading northbound. I95 is also undergoing construction in Norwalk which has resulted in horrific delays as well. 95 and Merritt are main routes into NYC. 84 also has its share of construction with at times brutal delays focused around Waterbury and Hartford. Traffic in the NE is a fact of life but its recently become even tougher due to construction, the infrastructure simply isn't up to the traffic volume. Many prefer the Merritt because no trucks are permitted. Trucks mainly stay on 95 and 84 which in bad weather results in some rough driving for cars. Hope this helps and JMO as people can debate these routes endlessly! Fairfield County is really more focused in a southerly direction on NYC vs. northerly on Hartford IMO. I'd be curious to know how many people from New Canaan/Fairfield County travel to Hartford and my bet is that most have never even been to Hartford. The regions are quite different and Fairfield County has more in common with its neighbors in Westchester County in NY given that most in both regions work in NYC vs. Hartford which is focused on govt and insurance mainly and some industry.

Hartford is a mess in rush hour and it’s close to Farmington.

Your correct in stating that the people in new cannan Fairfield don’t travel to Hartford people in Fairfield often consider themselves New Yorkers.

I grew up in the central ct area 15 minutes from Hartford The only times I have ever been to Fairfield county was to visit a family member that used to live there.

The locations where we have had searches: New Canaan, CT (Dulos rental house, Waveny Park, Irwin Park), Hartford, CT (2 downtown locations today) and Pound Ridge, NY (house of JD mother). Its unclear if Farmington locations (if any) were searched. It was also unclear to me whether STBX and mistress were in the house where they were interviewed by the police or if they were in another location in the area and drove to the house to be interviewed. I'm curious how many properties he has in Farmington and whether the mistress has her own house or lives with him or whether she has family in the area. Lots of unanswered location questions that I hope the press pursue. Also, why was he driving a car with a Maryland plate? We have seen no commentary about any connection to Maryland.

The location on your map which I don't understand is Canaan. Today the reporter in Hartford seemed confused in his live commentary when he kept calling New Canaan simply Canaan. But the reporter seemed to correct himself in the end and stopped calling New Canaan by the name Canaan. I wrote this off to a simple error as he was processing so much information on the scene and it was clear the people in the studio were talking in his ear so he had a rough time I thought. Canaan so far as I know has no tie in to the case. Correct me if I'm wrong here please!

There is also a town in Connecticut called cannan not to be confused with new cannon cannon is located in litchfield county not Fairfield

You are so correct about mass drivers living in ct I go to ma often and I can’t Stand the way they drive as doe the Boston ny feud it’s crazy people who live in Fairfield county or closer to the ny side tend to root for the Yankees while us who live closer to ma or Rhode Island part of the state tend to root for the red soxs

You are so correct about mass drivers living in ct I go to ma often and I can’t Stand the way they drive as doe the Boston ny feud it’s crazy people who live in Fairfield county or closer to the ny side tend to root for the Yankees while us who live closer to ma or Rhode Island part of the state tend to root for the red soxs

Having grown up in Fairfield County, CT, my son was a life long, die-hard Yankee fan, even during the 6 yrs he lived in Boston while attending college and after he graduated.

Then he met & married a girl from Rhode Island and they settled in RI, where her parents & 4 sibs live and all are true-blue Red Sox fans.

My son says when he asked his father-in-law if he could marry his daughter, the father said: “Of course, but only if you become a Red Sox fan!” lol

My middle son and my youngest son and I have remained Yankees fans!

(However, I do let my oldest son think I always root for Red Sox, unless like right now, they’re playing each other. Then I’m back to being a highly devoted, true-blue, die-hard Yankees fan!) :)

Last edited:
I think he killed her and knew he’d be the suspect but believed he was smarter than LE and wouldn’t ever get arrested. He will...
I agree. I see a few scenarios:

* He would frame her as "crazy" and either suicidal or a runaway. Not his fault she is unstable.

* He would direct blame on the "bad" town. If he killed Jennifer himself, maybe he discarded evidence elsewhere to cast blame there. Not his fault "those people" do bad things.

* He hired a hit man who discarded evidence in the Albany Road neighborhood. Not his fault the hitman is sloppy.

* He and his girlfriend killed Jennifer and the GF didn't clean the house well enough. Not his fault his GF is incompetent.

Whatever happened, nothing is his fault (in his mind).

jmo

Edited to add:

* He would plant the car by the running park. Not his fault if she went running alone and someone grabbed her.

Too bad he didn't realize LE has seen everything....not easy to fool them, especially when they find blood in the house.

Last edited:
She documented her husband’s abuse:
“She wrote in court documents that he swerved at the last minute after accelerating toward her and their children witnessed it. After that, she wrote that he told her, “You should be locked away,” and, “Why don’t you pop another pill?” She also wrote that he told her, “You’re insane,” “You should be put in an insane asylum,” “You are an unfit mother,” and “I can do whatever I want. You don’t have a restraining order,” The Connecticut Post reports.”

Also, it is her family that is rich. He went to good colleges, but that’s it. He married into money. Her father founded a brokerage firm. He probably had a lot of hate for her family. I believe Jennifer also had a career prior to having kids in her late 30s and 40s. She had a lot going for her and he hated her and her family. He owed her father money.

He is very narcissistic and knew he’d be the suspect but didn’t care. He believes he’s smarter than LE and thinks they’ll never be able to nail him.

She documented her husband’s abuse:
“She wrote in court documents that he swerved at the last minute after accelerating toward her and their children witnessed it. After that, she wrote that he told her, “You should be locked away,” and, “Why don’t you pop another pill?” She also wrote that he told her, “You’re insane,” “You should be put in an insane asylum,” “You are an unfit mother,” and “I can do whatever I want. You don’t have a restraining order,” The Connecticut Post reports.”

Also, it is her family that is rich. He went to good colleges, but that’s it. He married into money. Her father founded a brokerage firm. He probably had a lot of hate for her family. I believe Jennifer also had a career prior to having kids in her late 30s and 40s. She had a lot going for her and he hated her and her family. He owed her father money.

He is very narcissistic and knew he’d be the suspect but didn’t care. He believes he’s smarter than LE and thinks they’ll never be able to nail him.

He also likely thinks he got the last word, with Jennifer and her family. Maybe when he is in prison, he’ll realise that THEY got the last word.

This seriously cracked me up. A bunch of grown ups given a nice gal the finger because she had NY plates seems extreme to me! And I live outside of Philadelphia and......I am a Dallas fan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77