Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why the DT didn't call Steph Watts to the witness stand at Trial?

The DT doesn’t have to prove anything. You wonder why the DT didn’t call witnesses as I wonder why the PT didn’t call logical witnesses. Guess we’ll never know. :(

Edited to remove misquoted post.

Having suspicions and having concrete evidence are two entirely different things.

And you're correct, we'll never see eye to eye on this case, especially since I never believed Michael McStay had any involvement nor did he do anything nefarious. :)

You’re right, agree to disagree on MM, too. :)

There’s always other options, IMO.

The DT doesn’t have to prove anything. You wonder why the DT didn’t call witnesses as I wonder why the PT didn’t call logical witnesses. Guess we’ll never know. :(
Maybe in your world there are other options, but at the time I don't think they thought there were other options. Hindsight is 20/20.

Edited to remove misquoted post.
I never said they had to prove anything. I wasn't the poster that brought Steph Watts into the mix either, LOL. That is why i asked who that is.

Because there was something that happened around the 1st.-2nd. February where JM had been in contact with his bank. I daresay it was fraudulent activity in his QB's account. It is my opinion it was something that caused CM to murder JM and his family as JM was phasing Merritt out of his business and possibly told him to go take a hike when the fraud was discovered a couple of days before the murders.
You hit the nail on its head,.

Maybe in your world there are other options, but at the time I don't think they thought there were other options. Hindsight is 20/20.

Nobody is indispensable in anybody’s world. Somebody else could have been found who was perfectly capable of taking over for Merritt.

If MM and DK knew CM was being fired, they had to know the reasons - bad work performance and chargebacks, right? All the more reason to kick him to the curb. Then add to that the suspicions of possible involvement in the disappearance.

I go back to what Patrick said, “not virtually cutting him (CM) out, but giving him some competition.” I don’t believe Joey was firing CM.

Nobody is indispensable in anybody’s world. Somebody else could have been found who was perfectly capable of taking over for Merritt.

If MM and DK knew CM was being fired, they had to know the reasons - bad work performance and chargebacks, right? All the more reason to kick him to the curb. Then add to that the suspicions of possible involvement in the disappearance.

I go back to what Patrick said, “not virtually cutting him (CM) out, but giving him some competition.” I don’t believe Joey was firing CM.
I don't know if they misinterpreted what Joey said but I believe Joey was going to give Merritt some competition and possibly phase him out. That may have all changed when Joey found out about Merritt helping himself to Joey's money. At that time all bets were off and Joey may well have fired Merritt Feb. 4th causing Merritt to go over the edge.

Typically I would agree that there are always options, however, put yourself in their shoes for a minute and honestly think about it. They had no idea what jobs were outstanding, they didn't know how to build fountains, they had their own families and jobs, Merritt still owed Joey money and they were frantically searching for their missing family. I don't think anyone can honestly say what should or could have happened unless they were in their shoes living their nightmare.

And IMO it was CM who murdered the McStay family and then like the sleazeball that he is sucked up to SB & MM for more money and knew he had them at a very vulnerable time while their family was missing, with the intent to ripoff as much money as he could get his filthy hands on knowing full well what he had done.
CM didn't have any friends he only had victims IMO.

True.

To steal money from Joey's mother of all victims all the while knowing HE was the very one who had murdered her son, and family, shows what a souless individual CM truly was/is.

Just think about it. It takes a very cold, callous individual without an ounce of conscience to be capable of ripping off Susan out of thousands, and crushing the skulls in of her son, dil, and her two little grandsons.

That is the eptitomy of stone cold evil depravity..

If DK had not confronted CM about taking money he did not deserve to get... CM would have continued his career ripoff artist scams against the McStays. He didnt care if they were dead or alive. CMs entire world was consumed with money, and greed.

Jmho

Last edited:
I don't know if they misinterpreted what Joey said but I believe Joey was going to give Merritt some competition and possibly phase him out. That may have all changed when Joey found out about Merritt helping himself to Joey's money. At that time all bets were off and Joey may well have fired Merritt Feb. 4th causing Merritt to go over the edge.

Typically I would agree that there are always options, however, put yourself in their shoes for a minute and honestly think about it. They had no idea what jobs were outstanding, they didn't know how to build fountains, they had their own families and jobs, Merritt still owed Joey money and they were frantically searching for their missing family. I don't think anyone can honestly say what should or could have happened unless they were in their shoes living their nightmare.

When any sub is whittled down from 65% to a measly low 15% they are on their way out the door.

Stealing from Joey would make it happen faster than a fired bullet coming out of a gun barrel.

Imo, it obvious by the state's evidence Joey had discovered he not only had a lazy worthless subcontractor working for him, but he knew CM was stealing from him.

Imo, Joey had finally had it with the ex felon. Tragically when Joey made a stand to remove the trash holding him down it cost him, and his family's life.

Joey had no idea how evil his sub really could be if crossed.

Imo

Personally I dont think much can be learned from our own opinion polls here or elsewhere.

WS have had these kind of polls a long time. What they represent or don't... really doesnt give a glimpse into what any jury may do when rendering their verdict.

If it was a reliable deciding factor then every jury trial followed here would windup with a hung jury which rarely happens.

Every poll I've seen here always includes NG votes along with the vast majority voting Guilty.

Most verdicts rendered by juries are unanimous verdicts one way or the other.

Jmho
Yep. I would have voted guilty for OJ and CA and look how that turned out!

Yep. I would have voted guilty for OJ and CA and look how that turned out!

Me too!

But I'm not going to prematurely project those few injustices where the jury got it wrong on to the Merritt jurors.

The overwhelming vast amount of jurors are reasonable minded people, and get it right... far... far... more times than they get it wrong.

So until I know otherwise I'm keeping the faith in these jurors too. :)

Jmho

Last edited:
Re: JM call to bank....

I discovered fraudulent credit card activity on Memorial Day. I made 3 separate calls to my local credit union to report it. By my third call, I asked if any notes were made about my previous calls. No notes were made by the first two people I spoke with. I was floored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member