Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a bit of time to mull over the release of these statements. And have been thinking about a few things.

Firstly, the BD statement was apparently released as "the final statement from William's family to be made public " (read that in a recent MSM article somewhere).
Secondly, these 'clues' seem in opposition to William being taken by a vehicle, the tracker dogs not finding any scent of William past the boundaries of FGM's property, the named POI/suspects vehicle searches ....

I am trying to work out WHY these statements were released by the Coroner. And released two months prior to the next round of the inquest.
I also would like to know why the coroner has released the statements. I thought it might be a strategy to unsettle POIs, but in the Daily Mail article (down near the end, in the timeline) there's this:

"April 30: William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's police statement is released following an application from Daily Mail Australia."
(bolded by me)

Now I'm wondering if the coroner has to release documents under Freedom of Information or similar?

I also would like to know why the coroner has released the statements. I thought it might be a strategy to unsettle POIs, but in the Daily Mail article (down near the end, in the timeline) there's this:

"April 30: William Tyrrell's foster grandmother's police statement is released following an application from Daily Mail Australia."
(bolded by me)

Now I'm wondering if the coroner has to release documents under Freedom of Information or similar?
Yes, I was also thinking there might have been legal arguments about release or non-release.

I think the optimum word in Const Rowley's statement is 'thought'.

If you look at the real estate pictures, which I won't post due to privacy but are still available via google, the windows on the eastern side of the house are very large and could only be covered by a wooden box if it was a very, very large box.

It doesn't look like it would be air conditioning either as there is a split air system on the western side of the house.
I don't understand how he couldn't be sure. Police searched the house. A comparison of inside and outside would reveal whether a window was behind the box. Unless there were two boxes--say, a constructed box on the outside and a large wall unit on the corresponding interior wall.

"Its design completely covered the window blocking out any light or vision."--That sounds like it's being viewed from inside. And if it's completely blocking light, it would block air flow as well, which disposes of my hypothesis that the purpose is to allow ventilation while frustrating thieves.

But then: "Police called into the house through a window after hearing water running and the man allowed the officers to search the house." Well, that sounds like they observed the box before they entered, and the light that's blocked is artificial indoor light.

Last edited:
A little about the release of documents from NSW Coroners:

Who can apply for access?

The law imposes limitations on the release of coronial documents because these documents can contain very personal and sometimes highly sensitive information. Documents can only be released if it can be established that the person seeking the documents has an appropriate interest in the information.

The Senior Next-of-Kin can receive documents on an active file free of charge by sending in a written request to the Court. If the senior next-of-kin wants any of the documents not to be sent out to anyone else, they must also indicate this in writing to the Court as soon as possible.

For older matters that have been archived (i.e. usually older than 2 years) the senior next-of-kin will have to pay the scheduled fees, which are listed on the application form.

An immediate family member (who is not the senior next-of-kin), may be considered to have an appropriate interest and would be able to receive documents on payment of the scheduled fee. If you are a family member, we will ask for proof of your link with the deceased, such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or any other documents which can prove this before releasing any documents to you.

Documents may also be released to:

• a statutory body for a statutory function;
  • a member of the police force for law enforcement;
  • researchers, for research approved by an ethics committee; or
  • anyone who can satisfy the Coroner that they have ann appropriate interest to receive the information.
http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Pages/access_documents.aspx

Thinking about why the police asked this bloke to remove his shirt.
The running water, the spotlessly clean hands and the fact it is said they only saw the head of a male through a window. Could he have been in the shower and Rowley and whoever could see his head through the raised small bathroom window?

A little about the release of documents from NSW Coroners:

Who can apply for access?

The law imposes limitations on the release of coronial documents because these documents can contain very personal and sometimes highly sensitive information. Documents can only be released if it can be established that the person seeking the documents has an appropriate interest in the information.

The Senior Next-of-Kin can receive documents on an active file free of charge by sending in a written request to the Court. If the senior next-of-kin wants any of the documents not to be sent out to anyone else, they must also indicate this in writing to the Court as soon as possible.

For older matters that have been archived (i.e. usually older than 2 years) the senior next-of-kin will have to pay the scheduled fees, which are listed on the application form.

An immediate family member (who is not the senior next-of-kin), may be considered to have an appropriate interest and would be able to receive documents on payment of the scheduled fee. If you are a family member, we will ask for proof of your link with the deceased, such as a birth certificate, marriage certificate, or any other documents which can prove this before releasing any documents to you.

Documents may also be released to:

• a statutory body for a statutory function;
  • a member of the police force for law enforcement;
  • researchers, for research approved by an ethics committee; or
  • anyone who can satisfy the Coroner that they have ann appropriate interest to receive the information.
Access coronial documents

Also, the media can access or obtain copies of coronial exhibits and inspect coronial court files - with the relevant permission.

"How can the media obtain exhibits or inspect a court file? Applications to inspect exhibits or obtain copies of exhibits must be made to the Department of Justice media unit. The application form is available on the Coroner’s Court website. The Department of Justice media unit will advise if your application to inspect a court file has been approved.

Where can the media inspect court files and exhibits once an application has been approved? For matters in the Coroners Court on that day, media should access the exhibit or court file through the court officer or counsel assisting in the courtroom. If this is not able to be accommodated, media should attend the court registry on level one to enquire about access. In these instances, access is usually given in the courtroom and can only be accommodated during court breaks at morning tea, lunch or at the end of the day. For access to finalised matters, media can attend the court registry on level one once approval has been given. The date and time to attend should be pre-approved with the court’s registrar."
http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/FMCCC media briefing document.pdf

Last edited:
The running water, the spotlessly clean hands and the fact it is said they only saw the head of a male through a window. Could he have been in the shower and Rowley and whoever could see his head through the raised small bathroom window?
Now that's very good thinking, soso.

Could be. Or perhaps he was sitting down low on the floor watching William's missing story on TV. Remember how the TV seemed to be set up so that a person could watch it while down on the floor?
Then maybe only his head would be visible through a main window.

The running water and clean hands could be from quick disposal of something - and unrelated to William's disappearance.
(Just thinking that this man was a cabbie, still feeling the 'effects' of that occupation, according to MSM. And sometimes late night cabbies keep themselves going with help.)

"I saw his television on ... Sky News active with the scrolling story of the missing child William Tyrrell on the screen (it did not move and obviously had been selected)," it continued.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...our-with-boxed-up-window-20190531-p51t4w.html

Last edited:
Could be. Or perhaps he was sitting down low on the floor watching William's missing story on TV. Remember how the TV seemed to be set up so that a person could watch it while down on the floor?
Then maybe only his head would be visible through a main window.

The running water and clean hands could be from quick disposal of something - and unrelated to William's disappearance.
(Just thinking that this man was a cabbie, still feeling the 'effects' of that occupation, according to MSM. And sometimes late night cabbies keep themselves going with help.)

"I saw his television on ... Sky News active with the scrolling story of the missing child William Tyrrell on the screen (it did not move and obviously had been selected)," it continued.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...our-with-boxed-up-window-20190531-p51t4w.html

When they returned the next day, his TV was frozen on a news broadcast about Tyrrell.
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/willi...ant-new-evidence-released-in-inquest-c-142867

So the following day the television was frozen on the news broadcast about William when the police arrived to search. Assuming it was paused. I wonder how long it had been paused? Seconds to answer the door, or for a longer period of time?

What time was the first news release that day that a child was missing in Benaroon Drive Kendall?

Fri, 1.50pm: POLICE have established a mobile command outside the Kendall home of a missing three-year-old boy as the search for the toddler intensifies.

Emergency services in the area are scrambling to find the child, who was last seen about 10.30am on Friday in the front yard of his home in Benaroon Drive, Kendall.

He is described as having a Caucasian appearance, with dark hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing a Spiderman costume.

More than 50 officers from the MNC Local Area Command, SES units from Port Macquarie, Wauchope and the Camden Haven, the Dog Squad and concerned residents have established a search grid in nearby scrub.

Police are grateful for offers of volunteer manpower but have asked the public to remain clear of the area so the search team can conduct a thorough sweep of the area.

PolAir is expected to arrive by 3pm.

Child missing at Kendall
This article dated 12 September 2014

I don't understand how he couldn't be sure. Police searched the house. A comparison of inside and outside would reveal whether a window was behind the box. Unless there were two boxes--say, a constructed box on the outside and a large wall unit on the corresponding interior wall.

"Its design completely covered the window blocking out any light or vision."--That sounds like it's being viewed from inside. And if it's completely blocking light, it would block air flow as well, which disposes of my hypothesis that the purpose is to allow ventilation while frustrating thieves.

But then: "Police called into the house through a window after hearing water running and the man allowed the officers to search the house." Well, that sounds like they observed the box before they entered, and the light that's blocked is artificial indoor light.
This 'news' is based a police statement which Rowley had made from the time, which was included in evidence, so his statement describing events and actions would have been written as things were known in that moment, as things were happening. In this other news article slightly different words are used:

"But the officers saw a wooden box installed over what they assumed was a side window. It was likely blocking out all light."

ie seems he 'thought' it 'would be' a window, but at that very instant, he couldn't have said for sure since he had not *yet* been inside.. the statement is likely leading up to whatever action(s) he ended up taking afterward (or whatever actions may have ending up taking place *if* the man had not ended up allowing the officers inside his home at that time). Perhaps CR's later statements (3 of his were released at same time by coroner on same day), may perhaps include confirmation of what was in fact being blocked with that box? (Or not, since perhaps after the fact, it was a moot point?)

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/06/01/william-tyrrell-inquest-2/

Last edited:
I wonder... could that box have been some kind of a protective box for perhaps an internet modem or router or extender or something which the homeowner could possibly have believed may give him better reception when using internet to watch tv or be on his computer? It was long ago said the reception in the area was terrible..

Probably lots of people have little security cams on their homes (did police ask residents for any security cam footage, or did people not have any of those devices in this neighbourhood?). However, usually wouldn't such things be deliberately made more obvious, in an effort to deter any would-be thieves (which would presumably be their purpose).

This 'news' is based a police statement which Rowley had made from the time, which was included in evidence, so his statement describing events and actions would have been written as things were known in that moment, as things were happening. In this other news article slightly different words are used:

"But the officers saw a wooden box installed over what they assumed was a side window. It was likely blocking out all light."

ie seems he 'thought' it 'would be' a window, but at that very instant, he couldn't have said for sure since he had not *yet* been inside.. the statement is likely leading up to whatever action(s) he ended up taking afterward (or whatever actions may have ending up taking place *if* the man had not ended up allowing the officers inside his home at that time). Perhaps CR's later statements (3 of his were released at same time by coroner on same day), may perhaps include confirmation of what was in fact being blocked with that box? (Or not, since perhaps after the fact, it was a moot point?)

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/06/01/william-tyrrell-inquest-2/
Are the statements from the time of the disappearance or from the time of the inquest?

It may be that in the next sentence of his statement, the constable explained the box. I feel like we're being played with, not being given the whole statements, not being told whether the clues have been dismissed as irrelevant. After a day or two of teasing us with a patch of blood, MSM condescended to say that it was animal blood. Possibly if we had access to the statements we'd read that the fluff is the wrong colour red and the hair definitely isn't William's, that the underwear was covered in mould and had probably been in the open for months or years.

i think mr wilson commented police had searched their house and car top to bottom three times at least, no sure in what time frame though?

I think that many/all of the 21 houses in that development were searched multiple times.

"Police searched each of the 21 houses in the estate that surrounds Benaroon Drive, the street just outside Kendall where William's grandmother lives. They searched the houses not once, but three and four times, each time using different personnel to make sure a fresh set of eyes looked at every possible clue. Roof spaces, sub-floor spaces, wall cavities, cupboards, sheds, all were searched and searched again with methodical determination just in case someone was keeping the little boy hidden.

Even the grandmother's house was searched, top to bottom, but there was nothing. Not a scrap of clothing, not a footprint in the dirt, not an errant tyre track. Police dogs were brought in and they managed to find William's scent, but only within the boundaries of the backyard."
William Tyrrell: The boy no-one can find

Rodney Spedding also gave the media the info that 'some' houses had been searched multiple times. Unknown who his source was for that type of information ... perhaps it was contained in an earlier MSM article that he read.

"Rodney Spedding said his father had been unfairly harassed by the media, even though a number of other homes and properties had been searched by police – some up to three times, he believed."
Bill Spedding has 'no link' to William Tyrrell's disappearance, son says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member