Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, not sure, if teaching personnel - or other personnel - were in training or on the job/ at the school during the snow day/ make up day? Does anyone know?

I am not implying BG is affiliated in any way with the Delphi school system, but want to mention, that the Delphi Community School Corporation board - that's Abby's and Libby's school system- was in session on Monday the 13th at 7pm!

You can google Delphi Community School Corporation, click Board and then 2017 Minutes.

If the school was open that Monday for teachers in training or for any other activity/ maintenance etc.., it is quite possible, that BG may be related in any shape or form ( such as teacher, parent, administration, maintenance etc.) to the Middle School/ High School.
Perhaps someone was spending time on the trails between school and the public board meeting? Naturally it would also be interesting to see, who did not attend the meeting. And since it was a public meeting, it would also be interesting to see, who from the public perhaps regularly attends the meetings, but was absent that particular Monday.

ALL IMO

Thank you,
Nin

Also, not sure, if teaching personnel - or other personnel - were in training or on the job/ at the school during the snow day/ make up day? Does anyone know?

I am not implying BG is affiliated in any way with the Delphi school system, but want to mention, that the Delphi Community School Corporation board - that's Abby's and Libby's school system- was in session on Monday the 13th at 7pm!

You can google Delphi Community School Corporation, click Board and then 2017 Minutes.

If the school was open that Monday for teachers in training or for any other activity/ maintenance etc.., it is quite possible, that BG may be related in any shape or form ( such as teacher, parent, administration, maintenance etc.) to the Middle School/ High School.
Perhaps someone was spending time on the trails between school and the public board meeting? Naturally it would also be interesting to see, who did not attend the meeting. And since it was a public meeting, it would also be interesting to see, who from the public perhaps regularly attends the meetings, but was absent that particular Monday.

ALL IMO

Thank you,
Nin

THIS^^^^

Here is what I don’t understand. His gait is not a secret that only he knows, it is his identifying trait. And no one knows if the gait looks unusual only because of the shaky surface.

The LE may know better, of course.

Since even some of the locals have admitted that they don't know how to get to the bridge, it can be inferred that someone in BG's past must have introduced him to the bridge--it doesn't seem like a place you randomly discover on your own. Maybe BG grew up in (or near to) Delphi hiking these trails with his parents, or maybe he attended high school in Delphi and used to hang out there with friends. Point is that someone close to him not only recognizes his natural gait, but has actually witnessed him walk across the bridge in the past, so they should recognize his gait in this context.

Respectfully snipped for focus.
This is a very important call out. While this is complete *speculation* on my part, it defies my logic to think the murderous attack would have taken place within sight of the bridge/potential spectators. The noise alone, and especially in the outdoors would have carried?

The crime scene analysts would know almost immediately if the girls were murdered where they were found, or brought back. I know that Libby was not a small girl, and would have been harder to transport. If they were returned to the spot they were found, it seems as if they would have been either dragged, or there was an accomplice. Either way, it would have required strength.
If you have ever attempted to carry a six year old sleeping child, let alone dead remains of a 13-14 year old, you know it's not easy.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don't believe that the girls were murdered elsewhere and then returned, in part for the reason you mention above. However, it doesn't mean that it was BG's plan (assuming he had one) to murder the girls where he did. I think its likely he overestimated his ability to control 2 girls at once and/or the girls tried to run away from him, so he panicked or became enraged and killed them and then exited the area quickly.

As cutiekitty said, you may be able to see the bridge from the crime scene but not vice versa.

And what if there weren't any sounds from the murders? What if there was no screaming. Several people on here have shared personal anecdotes abour being attacked and many did not scream or make noise because they panicked or froze. In horror movies the woman is screaming at the top of her lungs as she dashes through the forest. In real life sometimes people freeze, they panic, they get dry mouth, the attack comes on too quickly for them to process it and react...

Not that it matters but I didn’t scream when I was held at gun point at work. One second I was on the phone with my mom next second there was a gun against my temple.

Conversely, he could be a guy that pops in and out of town for nefarious reasons and connections and isn't someone the decent towns people pay much attention to because he's just not the kind of guy they would have associations with. JMO
Could be, but I live in a small town (though it's surrounded by other towns - some small and some not-so-small) and even though we may not know everyone in town we do tend to notice someone that we haven't seen before. I think in the wake of the murders, with everyone being on edge, people would have had a heightened sense of awareness of who came in and out of town.

The population of my town (3600) is similar to Delphi (I believe) but is smaller in area. Even if some of the residents may not notice people coming and going and who "belongs", our cops definitely notice things.

Not that it matters but I didn’t scream when I was held at gun point at work. One second I was on the phone with my mom next second there was a gun against my temple.

Same for my mom and me. It happened so quickly, and came as such a surprise, that it actually took a couple of minutes for our brains to even process what was happening.

Me neither. I hear Southern accent in the way BP speaks, but not in this guy’s words.

(However, I know some people straight of KY, without a trace of the southern accent)

Now, MN is interesting. It does not border with IN, but it borders with IA.

Could it be Northern IA? Close to MN?

That could bring him potentially closer to Evanston in some point of his life. (And that would put him in the older age group; it is entirely possible).
I once posted an interview of the NBA player, Larry Bird, on here. Not because I thought he was implicated in this, but because he was from French Lick IN, about 170 miles to the south and close to Louisville KY. I thought his accent was very close to this guy's accent.

As cutiekitty said, you may be able to see the bridge from the crime scene but not vice versa.

And what if there weren't any sounds from the murders? What if there was no screaming. Several people on here have shared personal anecdotes abour being attacked and many did not scream or make noise because they panicked or froze. In horror movies the woman is screaming at the top of her lungs as she dashes through the forest. In real life sometimes people freeze, they panic, they get dry mouth, the attack comes on too quickly for them to process it and react...

MOO screaming is a tactic, to get attention for help. It is not usually the right tactic when the assailant pointing a gun from unmissable distance.

Could be, but I live in a small town (though it's surrounded by other towns - some small and some not-so-small) and even though we may not know everyone in town we do tend to notice someone that we haven't seen before. I think in the wake of the murders, with everyone being on edge, people would have had a heightened sense of awareness of who came in and out of town.

The population of my town (3600) is similar to Delphi (I believe) but is smaller in area. Even if some of the residents may not notice people coming and going and who "belongs", our cops definitely notice things.

What you describe may indeed explain the reason for the earlier focus placed on sketch #1.

I see a lot of talk of about BG's gait. As someone who analyzes gait on the daily. I can tell you there is not enough video(that we have seen) to accurately analyze his gait. Especially on the terrain he is walking on in the short clip we see.

All very good points Mtnlites, and you could very well be right.
My amateur opinion and speculation is that sadly, there was a great deal of audio, as LE has already eluded to.

I don't believe that the girls were murdered elsewhere and then returned, in part for the reason you mention above. However, it doesn't mean that it was BG's plan (assuming he had one) to murder the girls where he did. I think its likely he overestimated his ability to control 2 girls at once and/or the girls tried to run away from him, so he panicked or became enraged and killed them and then exited the area quickly.
Your speculation could certainly be accurate.
I am guessing otherwise.

I think the Perp had his maneuver well planned, and most likely had some "dry runs". I do not believe the murders of these children happened quickly, as demented Perps like this want to take the time to burnish the memory of the murders in their minds.

HockeyMom330 did make an excellent point as Zen has pointed out.
I agree that a close associate would absolutely recognize his gait while walking across that bridge; as they had before.

Some Cowardly blighter isn't speaking up. For this, I wish them endless and sleepless nights and that their bowels are in a constant uproar. And other stuff too, but you get the idea.

ITA. The SC pic of Abby is potentially the view north in the general direction of the side of the creek the girls were found and the view in that direction is very wooded and hilly, so is obscured IMO.

I think that pic is more NNE and the scene is ENE or even NE. Haven’t seen a pic from the S end of the bridge facing the scene. It looks like there are a lot of trees which would make it tough to see, but I can’t say for sure. I can’t upload the photo at the moment, but it comes up in google images associated with this case. A reporter posted it via twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member