Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not gonna be a popular post.... but I wish people who buy the flowers, bears, etc. for memorials would give the money they spend to children involved movements and centers. Even a foster family they might know. I know they are well meaning, but so are the places that are struggling to save these children.

52 likes at the moment

(Hug)

I don't know about animal activity, but apparently there was a lot of insect activity which would speed up the process of decay. I doubt the bag would have remained completely closed all that time, but I guess you never know.
After a month I'm pretty sure a body is in the later stages of decomposition.
It would be very difficult to determine any signs of abuse or cause of death, unless there are fractures or broken bones.
Hopefully LE will be able to determine those things based on interviews and other evidence.
There are at least two people who can tell them exactly what happened, if only they would talk. Imo

I’m really curious about the animal activity, buzzards, etc. I’m curious if they would have left the body alone this long. If not, has the body been there for the entire time? Is it possible her little body has been moved there recently? Just curious.

I wasn’t physically able to have a child, though at one time I wanted 3. How on Earth can someone be so callous and cold as to leave a dead child off the side of the road in a trash bag?! People don’t even throw empty bottles of soda out their car windows onto the side of the road, so HOW did he make it ok in his mind to dump a human being out literally like trash?! HE is trash. If those people couldn’t be decent human beings to take care of a child, why not put her up for adoption? There are LOTS of people wanting to adopt children. If you know you really don’t care about them: why keep them?! She was so precious. Any number of families would have loved to take her in and give her lots of love. There’s people like me who would have been a very loving mother, but cannot have kids, and then there’s these pieces of trash sub-human ***hats who can just pop them out all they want to and proceed to abuse and neglect them nonstop. I know life isn’t fair. I just wish sweet Maleah could have had the family she deserved, not the family she got. This breaks my heart.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Great Post ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When is DV due back in court?
July 10.
He is not in prison, though, he's in jail.
I doubt very much they have a tv in their cells. Imo
Nope, they share one TV in the common area. This is a great article!

Maleah Davis: Inside the ‘nightmare’ jail where mom’s boyfriend is held, as little girl remains missing for weeks

[...]

Vence has access to phones inside the pod he’s assigned to, but his calls are monitored and come with steep collect call fees. He has no access to his own television, but shares a single television unit in the dayroom of his cell block, with numerous other inmates.

Harris-County-Jail.jpg

“Dirt like this gutter’s all over the floor — and feces, another man’s ****, on the floor,” inmate “Robert” told the outlet.

Other inmates said the showers had mildew, the smell was overwhelming, and at one point, the jail was so overcrowded that “kicking people in the head” was an easy way to wake someone up. The jail is currently working on its goals to decrease overcrowding.

[...]

Don't know, I just cannot get out of my mind that the quote that was up thread was that the remains we're spread out 20 feet. In my mind I cannot fathom it, and if I was the mother or the father, I will be catatonic and or a screaming banshee that would never be able to be settled.

For those who participated and or would involved in the cover-up, yes, yes you, were involved with her remains being hit by a lawn mower and being desecrated even more by being spread over an area on the side of a Federal Highway.

Just like damn trash. That you are.

I cannot fathom, and I would never ever ever ever ever want to be on that jury. And to see those photographs.

Smdh.

Oh, but little did they know, if it is in the right of way, it could be a federal charge. And that is not Double Jeopardy. There could be federal and state charges on this case in my opinion.

Perhaps the legal folks can chime in. But I hope they throw everything at them.

Yes, those family members, if they did cover it up, her desecration further is on your shoulders and on your soul in my opinion.

BBM

I just read this, and while I have been able to hold it together for this case, this made me cry. I try to not think too deeply when involved, but I just pictured it.

I imagined what it would be like if that was my three year old, and it makes me physically sick. Like, I would have to take an extended trip to a psych ward/hospital, there is no way I wouldn't have a significant breakdown.

Crying for poor Maleah. Wishing she had been found intact.

I was really unsettled posting that. Who am I too tell people how to grieve? But... spend your money ALSO on help for the next child, BEFORE they show up on Websleuths.

I believe your message was understood in spirit intended.

However, I also believe communities will always respond in this fashion. In grief and disbelief, they're compelled to reach out to touch that forever gone child with something in their hands. Very similar to when kind hearted people bring food to mourners, and they end up with 30 casseroles. It's clearly not rationale but it still happens.

I recall the Watts memorials were recycled to child organizations. I've also read that people still make pilgrimages to Caylee's dump site leaving same flowers, toys, etc.

MOO

Last edited:
I believe your message was understood in spirit intended.

However, I also believe communities will always respond in this fashion. In grief and disbelief, they're compelled to reach out to touch that forever gone child with something in there hands. Very similar to when kind hearted people bring food to mourners, and they end up with 30 casseroles.

I recall the Watts memorials were recycled to child organizations. I've also read that people still make pilgrimages to Caylee's dump site leaving same flowers, toys, etc.

MOO
Thank you

BBM

I just read this, and while I have been able to hold it together for this case, this made me cry. I try to not think too deeply when involved, but I just pictured it.

I imagined what it would be like if that was my three year old, and it makes me physically sick. Like, I would have to take an extended trip to a psych ward/hospital, there is no way I wouldn't have a significant breakdown.

Crying for poor Maleah. Wishing she had been found intact.
My 16 month old has been sick with a high fever and he had a febrile seizure, which is normal with high spiking fevers, but his lips turned blue so we called EMS. It was hard keeping it together to deal with that and I KNEW that wasn’t dangerous for him. I don’t understand how BB isn’t trying to break down the walls to get to this man who hurt her child, did this to her kid. How she didn’t call 911 for the seizures or* injuries. How no one seems to care. How she hasn’t shown any public outrage for the circumstances of Maleah’s recovery, since we know she doesn’t mind the spotlight... It gives me a sinking feeling.

ETA JMO

Last edited:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/qa-whats-to-come-next-in-maleah-davis-case
Here are the following questions we can answer surrounding the case so far:

Q: When will the autopsy be?

A: The identification process of the remains began on Saturday and it is still underway.

Q: How long until results will be ready?

A: Medical examiners say they don't know.

Q: What’s likely to happen on the legal side?

A: Nothing will happen until they Identify the remains.

Q: What did they find in Arkansas?

A: A black plastic bag with remains of a child and clothing.

Q: Will Vence's criminal charge be upgraded?

A: Legal analyst Brian Wice says, "Assuming that these are little Maleah's remains, what will happen in the short term is he, the defendant, will be charged with capital murder, and he can be held without bond."

Q: When is Vence's next court date?

A: His next court date appearance is scheduled on July 10 at 9 a.m.

Q: Has Maleah Davis mother, Brittany Bowen, been charged?

A: No charges have been filed against her.

My 16 month old has been sick with a high fever and he had a febrile seizure, which is normal with high spiking fevers, but his lips turned blue so we called EMS. It was hard keeping it together to deal with that and I KNEW that wasn’t dangerous for him. I don’t understand how BB isn’t trying to break down the walls to get to this man who hurt her child, did this to her kid. How she didn’t call 911 for the seizures or* injuries. How no one seems to care. How she hasn’t shown any public outrage for the circumstances of Maleah’s recovery, since we know she doesn’t mind the spotlight... It gives me a sinking feeling.

ETA JMO

I'm sorry for both you and your child, and hope for speedy recovery.

I believe the difference here is that your child was most likely born into love, but more important, you possess human empathy and a connection to your child.

Seems to me that BB does not have this human trait, and can only mimic what she perceives it should look like -- hence the drama for the camera scenes.

What parent would not be camped outside of the jail house pleading, begging, that person last to see their child alive to speak up and offer them something.

Agree -- it's like scorched earth to witness BB's impaired empathy and/or connection to her child. :(

MOO

ETA JMO

I hope your baby feels better soon. My son has never had one, I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to witness.

My son broke his leg last year, and when they told me after the x-ray I almost passed out. I thought he had just sprained it, but I still took him for medical attention ASAP.

I couldn't imagine watching a four year old eyes start rolling to the back of her head and being like "Hm. Should I take them to the hospital?" The answer is yes, always. Even if it turns out to be something minor, when a child is exhibiting abnormal behavior you always take them in. They don't have the words to express what is going on, so you always assume they need medical attention first.

Yes, I've heard about that too.
Mostly I have heard complaints that there are limited channels and the prisoners mostly argue over what to watch.
Also in many places tv privledges are reserved for those who have earned it with good behavior.
It would be interesting to hear what jail and prison life is like in Texas, though. Imo

Well, having a nephew in a north Texas prison for a few years, we were surprised at what all the inmates can purchase from the commissary. It's not like the prisons we've seen on tv or in the movies where you have nothing in your cells. They can have smack ramen, junk food and such, soap shampoo and deodorant which they may need since many of the Texas prisons have no ac.

I guess at what level you go in at that determines what you can have. Not sure about murder and in what degree that they segregate them.

I hope your baby feels better soon. My son has never had one, I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to witness.

My son broke his leg last year, and when they told me after the x-ray I almost passed out. I thought he had just sprained it, but I still took him for medical attention ASAP.

I couldn't imagine watching a four year old eyes start rolling to the back of her head and being like "Hm. Should I take them to the hospital?" The answer is yes, always. Even if it turns out to be something minor, when a child is exhibiting abnormal behavior you always take them in. They don't have the words to express what is going on, so you always assume they need medical attention first.
Yes, I remember when I was a new mother I was always worried about what "could" happen. My brother told me once, when in doubt, you put her in the car and drive to the emergency room. We have made a lot of trips since then.

I'm not sure if BB lacked the ability to empathize with her daughter or if she just put DV and her own needs first because she didn't want to get in trouble. Maybe both. Imo

I'm sorry for both you and your child, and hope for speedy recovery.

I believe the difference here is that your child was most likely born into love, but more important, you possess human empathy and a connection to your child.

Seems to me that BB does not have this human trait, and can only mimic what she perceives it should look like -- hence the drama for the camera scenes.

What parent would not be camped outside of the jail house pleading, begging, that person last to see their child alive to speak up and offer them something.

Agree -- it's like scorched earth to witness BB's impaired empathy and/or connection to her child. :(

MOO

ITA! It does appear to be some type of mimicking. How sad I am for her children. It appears the boys aren’t treated the same. I wonder if she has some type of jealousy toward her daughter in some weird way. In the way some parents are jealous if the new baby takes attention from the other spouse etc.

Oh no, a broken leg! One would assume you would want to be better safe than sorry! But more and more often it seems this is not the case.

Yes, I remember when I was a new mother I was always worried about what "could" happen. My brother told me once, when in doubt, you put her in the car and drive to the emergency room. We have made a lot of trips since then.

I'm not sure if BB lacked the ability to empathize with her daughter or if she just put DV and her own needs first because she didn't want to get in trouble. Maybe both. Imo

Agreed! Why would one NOT take their baby to the ER? Sometimes I feel silly, but I would rather look ridiculous than regret not bringing my child in.

And thank you everyone! He is fine now, four days of 105 temp and then he broke out in a rash - Roseola.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23