Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the sign that she "destroyed" the defense? Just because the defense didn't get the chance for their rebuttal?
They have no rebuttal for much of what she said.

She busted them with Chases's own words, about the reason for the 'new accounting' procedure.He told LE it was to hide the account from Summerr. But the defense tried to say it was created to 'hide checks' from DK. She proved that was a manufactured lie by the defense. You could see on Chase's crestfallen face, how impactful that point by MR was.

And she deftly showed us that Joey already knew how to delete a check—so their speculation about Joey being the one who created and deleted checks on the 1st, to figure out how to do it is bogus.

As is their silly ‘pattern’ evidence that Joey then called CM afterwards to explain how to delete checks. That is just silly.

What do you all think of the fact that the judge did not even know or remember the name of "the other child" that was murdered? As a judge presiding this trial for 4 months? I bet every one of the posters on this thread knows and remembers Joseph, Jr.'s name. :mad:

I love that you created this poll, however, I respectfully request it be named the Merritt Deliberations since the McStays are not on trial. :)
Of course you are correct. The problem is that I barely figured out how to make a poll, let alone edit one.

At any rate, the 20.1-26 hour category is the most popular so far.

McStay Deliberations

What do you all think of the fact that the judge did not even know or remember the name of "the other child" that was murdered? As a judge presiding this trial for 4 months? I bet every one of the posters on this thread knows and remembers Joseph, Jr.'s name. :mad:
I cut him some slack. He has much going on in his head at any given time. I have not been one to cut him slack with respect to the schedule of this trial, but I do think at the time he was speaking the victim’s names, he was thinking about something else in the paperwork.

Judge Smith is 69 years old. I think is memory recall is pretty good considering his age. I am close to his age and experience the same problem recalling names and dates.

Yesterday I was visiting my little grand daughter and I kept calling her my daughter's name instead of her own name. :rolleyes:....She asked me why I think her name is the same as her Auntie's name? lol

I thought it was unforgivable, and so disrespectful to the entire McStay family, including the ones sitting in his courtroom seeking justice for the family they loved.

What is the sign that she "destroyed" the defense? Just because the defense didn't get the chance for their rebuttal?

What this woman attorney has accomplished in her final rebuttal is to shrink her fellow prosecutor Mr. Daugherty into a Nobody: :D:D:D
The prosecution has the last word because they have the burden of proof.

Of course you are correct. The problem is that I barely figured out how to make a poll, let alone edit one.

At any rate, the 20.1-26 hour category is the most popular so far.

McStay Deliberations
No worries. I wouldn't know how to create or edit so you're about 10 steps ahead of me. Lol And to be fair, everyone refers to the case as the "McStays" when it should be referred to as the State of CA vs. Merritt but it is what it is.

Thank you for creating the poll. I wonder how long the jury will actually deliberate? Hopefully not very long.

I thought it was a bit disrespectful at this point. Not a hard name to recall either. I also recall Smith saying 'the kid' during some testimony, but at least he apologized and corrected himself.

Judge Smith is 69 years old. I think is memory recall is pretty good considering his age. I am close to his age and experience the same problem recalling names and dates.

Yesterday I was visiting my little grand daughter and I kept calling her my daughter's name instead of her own name. :rolleyes:....She asked me why I think her name is the same as her Auntie's name? lol
LOL. My youngest son doesn't have a common or traditional name like Mike or John. For the longest time, until my mother saw us regularly, she couldn't remember his name and would call him "the boy" but we still reminded her of his name.

I cut him some slack. He has much going on in his head at any given time. I have not been one to cut him slack with respect to the schedule of this trial, but I do think at the time he was speaking the victim’s names, he was thinking about something else in the paperwork.
I agree. Plus we've been living this case for many years, sometimes hours each day. I think he had an amazing memory considering everything he had going on.

I thought it was unforgivable, and so disrespectful to the entire McStay family, including the ones sitting in his courtroom seeking justice for the family they loved.
I actually agree with you on this. While the others have said they or their family members occasionally address their grandchildren by the wrong names, what made this murder case especially heart wrenching is the fact two babies were among the victims. The judge not only didn't remember the name, but he asked with a smile on his face.

I actually agree with you on this. While the others have said they or their family members occasionally address their grandchildren by the wrong names, what made this murder case especially heart wrenching is the fact two babies were among the victims. The judge not only didn't remember the name, but he asked with a smile on his face.
Are you suggesting that the judge doesn't care about the dead children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth